Rising Springs Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alagaësia AU [private;;WWB]

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Alagaësia AU [private;;WWB] - Page 2 Empty Re: Alagaësia AU [private;;WWB]

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:00 am

.:c í r d a n:.
The elf was almost startled when a presence began nudging against his mind. He froze for a moment, but then berated himself, "You fool, have you forgotten all you know about dragons! I truly am behaving like an ignorant child with all this disbelief," he almost laughed at himself, then warily opened his mind to the warm aura of the sun-coloured creature before him. It blinked at Círdan and even gave a little squeal of excitement at his even-slight acceptance, then it physically and mentally pushed against him, affection and warmth radiating from both it's mind and body. Círdan actually let out a quiet snicker at it's excitable behaviour, pushing the dragon back as it tried to nuzzle against him. He was surprised at himself--it felt as though he couldn't even remember the last time he had laughed. The two didn't communicate much besides Círdan still holding up slight walls and the dragon rubbing up against them in a friendly manner, while eagerly romping about with cheer as it pawed and nipped at Círdan's fingers and shoes. Once, though, it's tail accidentally brushed against the purple dragon of Bharavase's, and it was then that Círdan was brought back to himself and his surroundings. He blinked at Bharavase's brilliant purple dragon, just as Círdan's dragon bumped into it slightly. Círdan glanced at Bharavase for a moment, to see the same look of awe on his face that Círdan felt flickering deep inside him. He watched the dragons then, waiting to see what would happen.

Last edited by WalkingWithBarefeet on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:31 pm

{{ OMG yay. I was so waiting for this--the dragons make it waaaaaaaay more fun. }}

. b h a r a v a s e .
He smiled shyly at the beast, who lifted its head, neck arching. The purple scales glittered in the dappling sunlight that managed to reach the forest floor. Bharavase heard a snicker and tore his gaze from the dragon to look over at the other elf, who was bonding with his own creature--an incredibly bright orange-yellow. He had almost forgotten about Cirdan in the midst of seeing his dragon. His dragon. Their minds drew closer; Bharavase's hesitant and the dragon's inquisitive and forceful, but wary too. When they at last melded, swamping thoughts together, the young elf felt a shiver run down his back. His memories washed over the dragon's thoughts, and what little it had seen so far swirled to his mind. He felt great curiosity from it, but also a sense of pride and a strong belief that it was superior--to him and everything around it.

. u n n a m e d _ s h e - d r a g o n .
He was a queer creature, but yes, the right one. She had been waiting for this. The other ones she had sensed too. Both the two-legged-cold-one and the kin-of-her. But this one, the red-eyes-two-legged, was hers. She watched it--him--as it was plain to her nose. His skin was warm and covered with pieces of...well, she did not have yet a word. It was interesting. She nibbled it, but it had a foul dry taste. She snorted, a puff of smoke curling from her nostrils. It was then that she felt something brush against her, hard and smooth and alive. Her head whipped around, jaws opening to emit a soft hissing breath. It was the other of her kin. He was brilliantly-hued, orange gold and yellow, all colors of the warmth and light that she could imagine. Still, not quite as breathtaking as her own violet colors, in her opinion. Her gaze flickered over him, eyeing him up. Confidently she let her mind edge towards his, demanding to know more about him and why he had bumped her like that.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

http://zoketi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:25 pm

Círdan had felt his dragon push excitedly against his mind, trying to force himself happily into Círdan's mind. His instinct was to push back, to build up a wall, and as the dragon felt this it stumbled back, eyes wide and almost...betrayed? He felt a hint of remorse, calmly sending rivulets of his mind to his dragon, apologising and explaining. It chirruped, and all was forgiven. It stepped back, scuffling it's paws against the ground. Círdan took his moment to search the dragon's mind, absorbing all it had seen in it's short life so far. He sensed a humongous heart, but also great potential in strength, and a protective nature. The was just about to try and talk to his dragon when it's playful romping led it to bump against the other, purple dragon. The golden-orange one squeaked in surprise and fell back on it's haunches, looking at the other dragon just as it hissed lightly at him. The change in Círdan's dragon's behaviour was immediate. It stood up, ears flicking back and eyes sparkling with warning as it tried to flare it's little wings, seemingly indignant at being snapped at.

.:u n n a m e d _ h e - d r a g o n:.
'Mine is a good one. I can tell. He pretends he isn't, I think he even thinks he isn't, but I know he's good. the little dragon thought, eyes glittering as he looked at his creature, the two-legged-one-with-cold-eyes. He thought it was a good match. He, in his warm splendour, and his two-legged with his cold and icy manner. He was just about to investigate that strange, soft looking stuff covering his creature's body when his tail accidentally bumped into something, something that felt a lot like him. He flopped down in surprise at this conundrum before turning, excited to see another like him, when it hissed in his face. He hopped to his feet, upset at this turn of events. He was just about to berate the other, purple one for being so rude when he felt it's mind reach towards his own. She was a female, he could tell. Her colours were bright and beautiful, he'd give her that, almost as stunning as his own scales. He really did enjoy that violet colour though. It seemed mysterious, quite interesting. He looked forward to know her, he thought. He hesitantly let the other dragon in, letting his creature know that he could handle it alone. He only let her in a little bit, enough for her to question him confidently. He let her know the basics, although he struggled a bit with words at first, sending a few mind-pictures to help his explanation. 'I don't have a name. That one there is my creature, and I know that other one is yours. I think we are very alike, you and I. I...' he flicked his ears, narrowing his eyes a bit as he bowed his head slightly in apology, 'I didn't mean to push you. I'm sorry. I'm just happy to finally meet my Rider. That seems right. Rider.' he finished, letting a flare of his happiness reach through their mental contact, hoping to share it with the other dragon.

{{i've edited a few of Círdan's posts cuz i didn't like them. Just a little, from the end bit of the hatching post to now. I didn't like my characterization of him, I thought it was a bit too ooc, so i've edited them a little to make them a tiny bit better. I'll try to be better at it from now on ^^; so i don't have to edit. sorry~}}
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:13 am

{{ heeeh it's fine. c: }}

. b h a r a v a s e .
He reluctantly drew back away as he felt the violet creature turn her attention fiercely to her orange brethren. He let her handle it, but would be on guard if anything happened. Though he was nervous of what Círdan's reaction would be too. The young male watched intently the two young dragons as they interacted, physically and mentally. He could faintly feel the purple's emotions ripple back to his mind, though some of it was blocked--perhaps things that dragons shared only with each other. He let them to it, seeing that all was rather peaceful. The orange one seemed friendly and a bit taken aback by the amethyst one's not-so-nice actions. He wondered if it would be a handful.

She was allowed to pass into his mind, which thrummed with a lighter, obviously-masculine sound. Closer to her than the two-legged, yet very very different. She was satisfied with his answers, Yes, glittering-gold-one, we are alike. And I will forgive you for I share your excitement. Rider...that was the right term, she too agreed. She responded with her own delight, a bit less than his. How coincidental are our arrivals. Hatching, that was it. She did not know how long she'd been inside the egg, but it was a relief to emerge, in the presence of the one she was to bond with--and already had. The purple creature quickly withdrew from her orange-bright-kin's mind before he could respond with more than emotions and turned her attention back to the unsteady-red-eyes-two-legged. Again she felt confidence in her decision. The mark on his palm was proof of their connection, and to it she went with a proud walk. With slight hesitancy she clambered upon his legs, over the soft-smooth-not-scales, and bent her neck to breathe in his hand-scent. She lodged it in her mind; familiar. The violet creature circled over his legs and then sat down. She moved her head all about, and when she had decided the location was safe, she curled up, emitted another puff of smoke, and fell asleep.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:18 pm

He was glad that he and the female at least got along a bit. He snorted slightly as the violet-coloured-female-of-his-kin withdrew from him, going over to her Rider and settling on him for a nap. He sniffed in her direction but then decided to ignore her for the time being, and the other creature. He stepped back to his two-leg-with-the-dark-head-fur and began climbing on him, scrabbling his way up to his shoulders and slipping down his back, then clinging onto his arms and clambering towards his head, sniffling and prodding with his nose. His creature didn't seem to enjoy it, but he thought it was rather amusing, so he didn't stop.

He blinked nonchalantly as his orange dragon stepped back towards him, glancing at how the purple dragon was calmly resting on Bharavase's lap. Everything between the dragons seemed to have gone fairly well, and Círdan hoped that maybe his dragon would settle down too, but his hopes were dashed as he felt little claws scrabbling against his abdomen and clinging to the fabric of his tunic, pulling it down about his shoulders a bit as the little dragon struggled to climb his thin frame. He groaned slightly in protest, frowning with his brows furrowed--Círdan's most common expression, granted--and grunting in protest as sunset-coloured wings flailed in his face as the dragon almost lost it's footing in the stitching of his tunic, claws poking him as it tried to resume it's ascent. As it slid down his back--a bit painfully, he might add--it decided it'd be a wonderful idea to try and clamber up his lean arms. It wrapped it's warm body around him, tail curling about his wrist, and shimmied up his arm. At one point he tried to disengage the little beast, and he set it firmly on the ground, but it just gave a joyful chirrup and raced back to it's game, hobbling up him. 'You're a pest, you know,' he told it, but it only seemed to raise its lips in a wide, toothy smile right in his face, chirring with what sounded like dragon laughter before going back to it's business of prodding his head, it's claws poking him as it constantly changed footing on his shoulders. It nibbled at his dark hair, making it even messier than it already was. Eventually Círdan decided the best course of action was to try and ignore it, watching how calm Bharavase's dragon was with resignation as he half-heartedly tried to shoo away the little scaled snout that prodded strongly against his ribs.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:56 am

. b h a r a v a s e .
Bharavase watched the other creature investigate its Rider, who didn't seem that pleased by its advances. He was able to hide his amusement, mostly because he was concerned what Círdan would do if he laughed at him--well, more at his dragon. He was almost relieved that his purple beast had chosen to peacefully slumber on his lap, rather than cause trouble or at least irritation. It had seemed sort of haughty and calm, but perhaps the calm part would be an advantage. The orange dragon seemed quite curious, and certainly willing to explore and discover. The young elf lifted a hand and gently trailed his fingers down the purple creature's spine, feeling the dips and ridges of the small but strong body. How wonderful it would be when it was large enough to take him for a ride. Again, he was astounded at the circumstances. The initial shock was fading, and Bharavase tilted his head to peer into the dark woods. They were far enough from Ellesméra, but it still worried him a bit. Maybe he should take his dragon and leave. Yet it seemed silly to part from another who shared his fate. He sat there, still as stone, undecided.

-sleeping-
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Círdan allowed his dragon to poke about a while longer, but after a time he suddenly rose. He gathered his bag and stooped to try to pick up all of the eggshells, securely setting them at the very bottom so they wouldn't fall out if he pulled something out. He made sure to collect every fragment, so no passerby--be it animal or elf, or somewhere in between--would see them and be stricken with unwanted curiosity. He picked up the purple bits too, figuring that if Bharavase wanted them he'd have protested when he began picking them up, or he would ask for them later. When Círdan was satisfied that everything was where it should be--including the little orange dragon that seemed to enjoy playing with his shoelaces, constantly underfoot and threatening to trip him the entire time--the elf began continuing on his way, trodding through the forest in the direction he'd  been going before the hatching. He had only gone about twenty steps when he turned and looked over his shoulder with a passive expression at the other elf, still seated with his purple beast on his lap. Barely suppressing a sigh, Círdan quietly mumbled, "Coming?" He didn't know if this was a good idea or not, but something was telling him he ought to ask Bharavase if he wanted to come along. Now that his egg had hatched, Círdan didn't really know what his next move should be. Either way, no matter how much he didn't want to admit it, it would probably be beneficial if they worked together.

When his creature started picking up his sparkling eggshells, his and the other scaled-one-of-his-kin, he noticed the flicking-trailing-foot-cords on his covered feet. They reminded him of little tails of prey, and the dragon realized how hungry he was and chased after him, nibbling at the cords and scrabbling at his elf's ankle. Soon, he started walking off away from the bright-purple-kinsbeast and her creature, and the little yellow-orange-sun-speckled dragon followed him, trotting at his side and gazing up at his face with large eyes. When he stopped to question the others, the dragon clambered up his leg and scaled his side, settling on his shoulders with his tail curling about his left upper arm for security. He noticed with pride that he had gotten quite good at climbing his creature. He copied his Rider's gaze, staring back at the other two-leg and his dragon with wide, flickering eyes, waiting for their answer.

{{lol.
*elaborate pretty naming heading*
-sleeping- xD}}
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:49 pm

{{ hahah, lol. I kinda thought about that too XD }}

. b h a r a v a s e .
Círdan's movement made him jump, almost, distracted as he was. Not good, he told himself, to be dozy with a dragon on your lap in the midst of a tyrannical dragon-killing rule. Bharavase watched with slightly narrowed eyes as the other elf gathered the remains of the eggshells, neatly picking out each sliver or shard and containing them within his bag. He almost moved to help, but didn't want to disturb his violet creature, so content was it on his lap. He didn't need the eggshells, anyway, so he decided not to ask the other young male about them--for now at least. His gaze followed the orange dragon as it ambled about, hindering Círdan in a rather comical way. But then he realized that Círdan was leaving, and a tension rose in him. Moments of panicky indecision passed. He couldn't just let them disappear--but before he could jump up, the other elf had turned about, his dragon perched on his shoulder like a hawk, and asked Bharavase if he was coming. Well, that was decided. He reluctantly nudged the purple creature, shifting his legs about so that it woke. It lifted its head and bared its teeth at him, claws digging into his pants. He winced and pushed it off him, sending a mixture of worry and affection towards its musical mind. Time to go, he told it. He felt annoyance but also bright concern and curiosity sent back his way. Getting to his feet, he looked towards Círdan and nodded. Where they were going--he didn't know, but he knew that it would have to be away--somewhere away, for now. He walked after the other, his purple beast at his heels.

She felt a poke in her side and then suddenly her sleeping-spot began to move, dislodging beneath her. She uncoiled herself, head lifting up and arching. Her claws sunk into the leg of her red-eyes-partner-of-heart-and-mind and she bared her teeth at him, more in an exasperated way than a mean one. She was shoved gently off and with a snort shook her purple self. She heard his mental messages and eyed him reproachfully, but relaxed and twisted her mind with his, forgiving him for the rude awakening. She spotted the kin-with-golden-scales and the two-legged-mint-eyes standing from afar. She thought the other dragon looked queer upon his creature, but she merely huffed and began to trot at the side of her Rider, pondering where they were going and what was making Bharavase so anxious.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:28 pm

The elf turned back as Bharavase began to move, and without waiting Círdan continued through the wood. He wasn't entirely sure where he was going, but as Ellesméra was far from most any other elven city, he knew they could travel all night in any direction and not run into any town. As he heard Bharavase and his dragon begin walking behind them, Círdan still paid them no mind. He just hoisted his bag further on his shoulder, partly waiting for Bharavase to say something, partly hoping he wouldn't talk so Círdan could forget he was there, and partly trying to sort his whirlwind mind into coherent thoughts about what his next move ought to be. His, he said, not their. Although that would have been more accurate. He was not the only Rider here, let alone the only being. He moved his pale eyes to his left, where his dragon perched on his shoulder, body bobbing slightly with the movement of his walk. It seemed almost to be smiling, enjoying riding on it's Rider. That was some kind of irony there. Sniffing in amusement, the elf continued on his way, with his brilliant sunset dragon by his side. Or rather, on his side.

It felt good to be so close to his partner-of-mind-and-heart. The rhythm of his gait was somehow calming, and the little dragon could stay there forever. That is, if he weren't so hungry. He began looking about for anything nearby to eat. A few times he glanced behind them at the other elf and his dragon, the purple-kin-female. She walked with her head held high. He wasn't sure if that annoyed him, or if he admired it. Turning his attention back to his stomach, he heard the scrabblings of a huge rodent in the brush nearby. With an eager grumble, he prepared his attack. As his Rider walked past, he pushed off his lean shoulder and half-floated half-pounced at the prey. The predator heard his Rider grumble indignantly and call out in surprise as he was nudged back by the force of the little dragon's leap. He landed on the plump rabbit, killing it and gouging it with his claws as he scarfed it down in two bites. Finishing his meal quickly, he scrambled out of the bush, finding his Rider watching him curiously. He licked the remains off his jaw, calling happily as he bounded for his Rider. He lept at him, scrambling to resume his place on his elf's shoulder. The pale-misty-green-eyed-one made a funny face as he rasped his tongue once more across his jaws, collecting any stray smears of blood. The dragon sent questioning tendrils of thought to him, but he just dismissed the question and replied with slight apology that he hadn't thought about food. The little beast bared his teeth in another wide smile, showing it was fine, and headbutted into the crook of his Rider's neck in affection. A long, pale hand reached up and rested on his scaled back, and the dragon purred at the happiness and familiarity this simple touch gave him already, even though they'd only been connected for a very short time.

{{is there any way to upload more fonts to this? It'd be cool if we could use the actual Eragon font, for like the names and stuff. And then maybe something cool for the body of the post as well :3 I'm getting tired of just these fonts xP }}

Last edited by WalkingWithBarefeet on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:53 pm

{{ I don't think so... c_c That'd be cool though. }}

. b h a r a v a s e .
He stalked along behind the other elf, continuously pondering his and Círdan's predicament. He investigated his dragon's mind as they walked, getting used to her presence. It was rather amused by his inquisitive investigations, he could tell. It was such a strange mind, so different from his, that he couldn't stop exploring--as much as it would let him. He didn't overstep boundaries. After a few more minutes he was able to discern it as a female. In fact he was surprised it had taken him so long. She was obviously rather proud of her gender. He stayed a few paces behind the other young male, rather wary of him, and not sure if they were really together now, or just meandering on the same path. Despite their similarities now, he didn't see Círdan easily joining with him. And nor did he see himself responding that well.

She in turn explored her partner's mind, with a little less enthusiasm. She noticed the kin-with-sunlight-scales leap off and ensue a squabble with some sort of prey. The scent of blood made her claws twitch and she focused her entire being on where it was coming from, ignoring her partner-of-soul-and-mind as she sniffed the air greedily, realizing her own powerful hunger. She lifted her head and opened her jaws wide, baring sharp little fangs, as she drew in scents. She doubted the orange one would want to share, so she darted off after something else. A scurrying creature fled from her, but it was no match of course, and she snaked her neck out to jab it in the neck. She pulled it close and with an eager rush began to chow down. She finished in time, and licking her bloody maw, headed away from the meager remains. She returned to Bharavase's side, watching the orange one cuddle against its Rider. With a slight shake of her head and a snort, she returned to her place at the red-eyes-skinny-male's side.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:16 pm

The motley group continued on deep into the night, and would have continued through with only the faint splashes of moonlight between the trees if it had not been for the dragons stumbling with sleepiness. They were only hatchlings, after all. Círdan found a large tree with twisting roots that provided some escape from any wandering eyes that had not already seen them, and that may not be so friendly. He slid his pack down near the interior front corner of it, and his little orange dragon immediately flopped down beside it, resting his head on the material and puffing a sigh out before looking at Círdan with sleepy eyes. Círdan had not spoken to Bharavase all day, and he did not intend to unless it was absolutely necessary. Which would probably be tomorrow. He had no idea where they were going and he didn't want Bharavase blaming him for leading them nowhere. Círdan knew he was being childish, refusing to speak first, but he wasn't thrilled that he and Bharavase, of all elves, had been thrust together like this by fates intertwined with scaley little beasts of legend. With a resigned sigh, he slipped into the wide root opening with his dragon, leaving plenty of room for Bharavase and his beast, not to mention space for a dozen other bodies between them, at the other end of their little shelter. He let his slight form follow the curving slope of the root against his back, resting his head nearby his dragon's on his rucksack. As soon as Círdan had settled his dragon stood up, walked closer to him, and circled three times before nestling tightly against the curve of Círdan's slim abdomen. It's warmth radiated through him, but Círdan gingerly scooted a bit away from the little dragon, as far as he could by pressing his back against the root. It just moved closer to him determinedly, but then Círdan pushed it away gently with a slight scowl on his face. It snorted in something close to amusement mixed with slight annoyance as it relented and sent tendrils of well-wishing to his mind, hoping he dreamt well. Círdan shook his head slightly at how ludicrous this all was, unbelieving of all that was his dragon. It was so...caring, so soft in manner, but such a powerful and fearsome beast. He knew dragons had distinct personalities, as did all creatures with advanced mental prowess, but these dragons seemed so much more magical than he expected. Of course, he hadn't really expected anything like this to happen before, so there was something to that as well.

--sleeping wittle fire-breathing monster dawwww he's so cute--

{{boo :/ truthhhh....and do you think we should start up again with Ele and Isella soonish? We need to figure out how the elfies are gonna meet our hoomans. And stuff. And idk. I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE ELVES ARE GOING i was just assuming they could meet in the woods somehow/somewhere or something or whatever and they would journey or something either learning their own about drags and being Riders or finding the Varden or going back to Ellesméra or something I DUNNO or they could get attacked and almost captured by the kings servants or all that and stuff and yeah what do you wanna do? :P}}
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:07 pm

{{ ugh yes! I kept almost typing about that but then I was like eh we should wait for Bharavase and Círdan to be done with the first day at least or something. but yeah I realllllly wanna get back to Ele and Isa. So lol I don't care what they're doing. Sigh I dunno. And I totally just lost my muse for this, in like the two seconds I clicked to reply. ;___; ugh but I have a headache and mouthache and certain stupid cramps. /rants }}

. b h a r a v a s e .
He was relieved to take shelter after the long walk, awkward and tense. He did not want to speak to Círdan, and likewise could sense that the other elf was trying to ignore him almost. Unfortunately, they were stuck with each other. Bharavase slipped inside the tree's trunk and took a spot along the opposite wall of the other elf and his dragon. The purple creature stumbled towards him and let out a soft chirp of pleasure as he settled down, tucking away his bag against the closest wall. The violet dragon marched over and dropped next to his legs as he leaned against the tree, fighting exhaustion. He watched her coil a few times around and around, and then promptly flop down. She eyed him thoughtfully, or so that's what it looked like, and then her amaranthine eye clicked shut. She didn't seem to need comfort, as Círdan's dragon did. She left a little space between herself and her Rider, who let out a sigh before falling asleep.

--above--

{{ so should we skip a little? or let them name their dragons and then skip? because I think we had them hatch a few weeks before Klyn and Dhv. So maybe name them and skip? or, just skip, I don't care. repetitive, sorry. Blarh. }}
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:40 pm

{its okay!!! <3 yeah that sounds good to me! maybe they can name them in yours and my next post and then we can skip?}

Círdan woke before dawn, letting his pale leaf green eyes open slowly. His gaze fell first on the sleeping form of his unfortunate elvish comrade. A glint of purple was just beyond Bharavase's body, and it seemed the little dragon was still fast asleep. Círdan looked down at his dragon. The brilliant sunset-orange reptile was pressed as close as physically possible to the elf's stomach, his stubby claws pushing under Círdan's ribs with a slight twinge of pain. The elf carefully pushed himself up with his hands, as he could scoot no further back against the tree root behind him. The dragon's paws moved up with him where they were pulling at his tunic, but they fell down with a light thud as Círdan rose above the beast. The dragon moved it's snout, puffing through its nostrils, but did not wake yet. Holding his breath, the elf managed a crouched position and lept lithely over the sleeping dragon, making not a sound. He looked back, satisfied that the creature was still asleep. Círdan slipped his dagger and sword from their resting place by his rucksack, putting the belt on a slight diagonal against his hips and securing his blades into their sheaths on the belt. He stepped soundlessly out into the predawn forest morning, breathing in the tranquil air. He was glad he was able to get away from his little beast at least for a little bit, already missing the solitude he'd had as his own all his life. He hadn't taken more than five steps before he heard a scuffling behind him. Brandishing his dagger and turning toward the noise in one fluid movement, Círdan readied himself, already straining his senses to see what had followed him. 'Of course,' he thought to himself as he felt an annoyingly familiar presence moments before it's holder lept out at him through the bushes, growling playfully. The dragon landed on his leg, just above the knee, and Círdan tried to supress a wince as it's little sharp claws poked through the fabric and scratched his skin. It scaled his legs, climbing up his torso and circling underneath his arm to pull itself onto his shoulder. It headbutted him affectionately--and rather roughly--while Círdan stared ahead with a blank, resignedly annoyed expression.

The mighty-he-dragon cooed lightly at his elf, flicking his small barbed tongue in and out. He curled his tail comfortably around his perch's upper arm, securing himself to his shoulder. Hands reached up towards him, and the ferocious beast curled his back and chirruped in delight, hoping for a stroke. Cold fingers laced underneath his stomach and he was lifted from his perch. Even when he sunk his claws into his elf's second-less-soft-skin-body-covering he was still prised from his favourite sitting spot. He grumbled with discontent as he was dropped on the ground, but opened his wings in the air and was able to glide to the grass. He flicked his tail with success, satisfied in the grace of his descent. The dragon promptly scampered up his Rider again even as the elf turned his back on him and began to walk away. He closed his eyes and cackled in happiness as he felt his elf's shoulders heave with a sigh once he'd resumed his shoulder perch.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Tue May 20, 2014 10:18 pm

{{ I should probably be resting, cuz I have a sore throat and fever, but I feel so bad for stalling on this that I'm gonna force myself to post. ; n ; also I was gonna do the naming...but I'm just so damn icky that I don't wanna...since I would like to make it all awesome and dramatic...but I don't have that in me right now.... I'msorry<3 }}

. b h a r a v a s e .
His sleep was ruffled with frightening thoughts. Capture, the death of the purple one--so new yet so much a part of him now--and much more. It wasn't an unusual experience. He often slept badly, especially after the recent passing of his father. And it was much of a relief to find his eyes fluttering open. He found himself staring at a golden shimmer in the darkness of the tree-den. Círdan's dragon, of course. The little thing wore an expression of surprise, and before Bharavase could do more than lift his hand, the warm-hued beast and turned and sprang outside with a lash of its tail and a excited whirring of paper-thin amber wings. As the red-eyed elf took in more of his surroundings he realized that Círdan was not present--explaining the actions of the sunset-colored dragon. Faint muffled noises from outside told him that Círdan was nearby--assuming it was him and not some passerby. The thought clutched darkly at him, and he rushed to his feet, stumbling a little and throwing his hands out for balance. How un-elflike. However, before he took a step his gaze flicked back down towards the small violet shape curled against the wood of the tree, half inside a crevice of bark. Her triangular head was resting against the tree, but was otherwise curled neatly, tail wrapped tight over her purple scales, and heliotrope wings folded safely against her sides. Bharavase blinked fondly at her, hesitating. Should he wake her, and be subject to her annoyance, or leave her here, and fear that she'd be gone when he returned--stolen, or something. Perhaps the last was irrational, but it was more proof of his tight bond with the young beast.

He made up his mind to approach her, unable to leave. Besides, what if she wanted to be woken, to come out and not be the last one outside? He sensed she had that sort of nature. He crouched down a pace from her, and very hesitantly reached out a skinny arm. His narrow finger gave the dragon's haunch a light poke. It didn't move. A heavy sleeper, hmm. Again he prodded her side, a little harder. It probably looked incredibly dumb, sitting here and poking a baby dragon as if afraid it'd jump up and bite his face off. From her personality yesterday, though, he wouldn't be surprised if that occurred. On his fourth try, the beast jolted and its tail stretched out with a sudden whip, swinging into the side of Bharavase's leg. Despite his leggings it was a hard smack, and he let out the slightest of gasps, mostly due to surprise. He drew his hand back quickly. The dragon lifted her head from the side of the wood slowly, an eye opening to stare up at him reproachfully. The eye closed again with a slight snick. Then, to Bharavase's annoyance, it lay its head right back down and re-situated itself with a rumbly sigh. He scowled ever so slightly, but of course there was no real anger, none at all. He decided to go for the dragon's mind instead. His thoughts reached towards hers, and he was a little surprised to find an incredibly solid shield preventing him from even getting near to her mind. He shoved once, but didn't want to anger her further, so he withdrew with a sad sigh. She didn't hate him, did she? Perhaps she'd figured he wasn't the right one. Maybe she would leave. Maybe--his barrage of upset thoughts were halted when he felt teeth connect to his finger. "Ouch!" he muttered in a whispery voice. He stared at the dragon, whos head was positioned inches from his hand. She appeared a mixture of irritation and smugness. A tendril of her mind brushed against his, and he was shocked to feel slight apology from her. You're awake, he thought to her with slight annoyance. She responded with a haughty huff, and twisting emotions of disdain and indifference. He managed a small smile, and then backed up a pace. Still feeling as though she didn't really like him all that much--thoughts he placed behind a mental block. The dragon uncoiled herself with a slight shake, then stretched out like a waking cat, lifting one paw at a time. He admired her lean grace, then rose to his own feet and let out a heavy sigh.

Bharavase turned, and stepped towards the entrance. Little muffled pawsteps announced the dragon was following, so he continued out into the dim woods. There was a slight fog, and the forest itself was still, utterly peaceful. A pale greenish haze covered the land, and overall made him quite calm. The elf stepped forwards again, now searching the presence of his 'companion' Círdan. After a few moments he made out the other's figure ahead, hidden slightly by shrubbery. The orange dragon was easy enough to spot, a bright flicker of gold fire upon the elf's lean shoulders. It was quite the affectionate beast, Bharavase noted with faint amusement.

On the other hand, she slept quite well. Though she had little to compare it to anyway--she'd only slept one other time before, and it had been pleasant enough. Unfortunately, she was disturbed. A gentle jab in her side. Not rough, but enough to finally stir her to consciousness. Instead of moving her head, she let her tail whack out as a description of her displeasure. It made contact with something soft, and she realized as she heard the tiny intake of breath she had indeed hit her Rider-of-red-eyes. Oops. She was too proud to feel all that much guilt. The violet-colored beast lifted her head off the inner wood, and fixed a single amaranthine eye upon. She gave it a moment, then shut it again and promptly settled herself back down, preparing for a little bit more sleep. As if expecting Bharavase's mental attack, she placed a great wall around her thoughts, and was rewarded with disappointment from the elf when he couldn't reach her. Part of her felt disgusted with her arrogance, yet the other was sharply annoyed by the waking, and not happy to allow the elf to win and force her awake. However, her pitying side won, and she lifted her head. Snaking it forwards, towards the elf, she stared at him--but he wasn't paying attention. This was rewarded with a sharp nip to his hand. Silly two-legged-smooth-skin-creature, focus on me! Her thoughts snapped, not to him, but in the back of her mind coated with a barrier.

The elf made a sound of pain and jerked his attention to her, and she almost grinned toothily, but decided to portray herself as more irritated, not thinking of smiling. She lowered her mental defenses and shocked him yet again with a mental touch. He spoke to her, and she merely snorted and threw annoyance back at him. Still, she would get up now. With a pointed motion, she rose up and flexed her supple form out with a bout of stretches. Once finished, she snapped her jaws in satisfaction, and watched the elf get up and move towards the outside of the large-guarding-sleeping-tree. She lifted her tail and trotted regally after him. Upon exiting the den, she arched her back and emitted the quietest sigh. It felt lovely. The day was new, no rays-of-warm-heat coming down from the green-leaves-mass-canopy above. She thoroughly enjoyed it as she followed Bharavase forwards. Lifting her little snout she pinpointed two familiar scents: ice-green-eyes-not-her-Rider and the childish-gold-one-of-her-kin. She ambled along until the skinny-pale-nervous-elf halted. Well, if he would not make an entrance, she would. She pushed from the bushes at a snappy pace, head lifted up towards the tall figure with the dragon upon his shoulder. She hadn't made herself stealthy, so she expected both to quickly turn around to face her. For emphasis, though, she whuffed out a growl.

{{ o w o that was unexpectedly long...perhaps I should have named her...too tired to change now. running out of steam towards the end there. ene }}
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Wed May 21, 2014 8:08 pm

{oh its totally okay, love!!! I'm sorry you feel bad >.<' i hope you get better soon! <:/ no worries though~ maybe we'll name them in a bit? we can talk about it a little. I was thinking about having them find some sort of gentle stream and maybe one of those weird elf-animal-strange creatures or something and start the naming bit...then we can make them time skip maybe? whatever you want <333 }

The Rider started as his dragon's claws tightened against his shoulder, feeling him twist around and a growl begin to erupt from his throat. He had heard a shuffling in the plants behind them, but figured it wouldn't be a threat as it sounded quite low to the ground--apparently his dragon disagreed. The creature pushed off abruptly and hard, shoving Círdan forward and causing him to stumble even as he tried to turn towards his dragon to express his annoyance. His foot caught on a root and he nearly fell, barely catching himself against the bark of a tree as he twisted. He pushed himself firmly up and stomped after his dragon who was standing it's ground on the grass in front of him, growling at the bushes. He was preparing a scolding when there was a flash of purple and Bharavase's dragon pushed regally through the leaves, acting like she was much taller than she was yet. Círdan's dragon perked up, his growl dying and replaced with a friendly chirrup. He bowed down to the ground and waved his tail in the air. 'Gods, I've just about had it with this creature. Can it learn no manners?!' Círdan, not for the first time, lightly wished his dragon had had a more laid back personality, like the brilliant purple dragon of Bharavase's. He was careful to keep his thoughts from his dragon, but still...it really was a little golden pest.

As soon as he realised it was his deep-sky-flower-scaled-one-of-his-kin instead of some impostor, the little golden dragon happily wiggled his body and prepared to engage her in play. As she emerged from the bushes, he was just about to pounce towards her when he looked back at his Rider-of-the-icy-eyes. In his gaze was such an annoyed glare that the little dragon deflated immediately. His ears flattened back against his head and his tail drooped on the ground. He lowered his eyes and walked back to his Rider, his head low. He could feel his Rider's gaze on his back as he drug his paws until he reached his Rider's side, sidestepping a small step away from him before sitting down and wrapping his tail lightly around his paws, keeping his gaze on the ground. He suppressed a little sigh, glancing once quickly at his female-of-kin and then up at his Rider-of-the-icy-glare. His pale green eyes quickly diverted from the dragon's wide sunset ones. How fun it would be to sit on his shoulder again. It was so inviting. It wasn't the widest, but he could perch comfortably on it. Honestly, it was perfect. More proof he was meant to be with his Rider. He had to show his Rider he meant it! And with that, the little creature gave a little dance, moving his haunches and chirruping excitedly. His Rider looked down at him and widened his eyes in warning, shaking his head. The dragon wiggled his head up and down in response, leaping up and flapping his wings in happiness as he clawed up along his Rider's side and pulled himself onto his Rider's shoulder yet again. His Rider's cold hand pushed against his golden-scaled side, but the dragon headbutted him back, playing along, digging his claws in his shoulder to win this game of king-of-the-mountain. He would show his Rider he could work hard!

{most of this is just my Círdan's drag being an adorable little bum but ya know x'D poor Círdan. Feel better!!! <3}
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Wed May 21, 2014 9:11 pm

{{ xD I will try~ And yeah, stream and weird-elf-animal, that sounds good to me. I just wanna get to when the dragons can talk and stuff. xD So much fun then! }}

. b h a r a v a s e .
The skinny elf reached out hand instinctively as he saw the purple dragon parade through the undergrowth, disappearing with a wave of her slim violet tail. He stared for a moment, thinking. Perhaps she'd be better to start off than him, considering Cirdan didn't much like him. But the violet dragon--well, he was certain the other male elf had nothing against her, not yet at least. Bharavase dropped his arm and exhaled a short sigh, before collecting himself. He stayed put for a moment, listening to the rustles from ahead as supposedly the other two noticed his amaranthine beast. Don't intrude too much, he thought towards his dragon. He only got a splash of pictures in return, which didn't make that much sense. Cirdan and his dragon. He twisted his fingers together for a moment, then paced forwards and lightly brushed through the shrubs. He was delighted of the greeting he received from his purple beast. Well, except for the nip. He jerked himself away, and glanced at her. Then, realizing he was in the presence of the other two, Bharavase lifted his head and stared awkwardly. He jerked his head in a polite nod. "I only wish to inquire if we should start our travels again. I think it is best to stay with one another, for the safety of the dragons." he murmured, eyeing Cirdan for a moment, then his golden dragon.

She tilted her head as the orange dragon made quite a deal about coming down and nearly strutting before her, expressing all sorts of playful joy. Rather unimpressed, she would have given him a whack with her tail, but instead he turned about towards the dark-mint-eyed-two-legged. A little deflated, the violet-hued dragon took a step back and puffed out a snort as she watched the kin-of-golden-scales amble about. Could he not see his Rider didn't seem to enjoy the antics? Really. She narrowed her eyes and snapped her jaws in exasperation. As she received her partner-of-mind-and-heart's mental message she flexed her claws and swung her head around to face the bushes. She sent him a barrage of images of the pale-eyes-not-her-Rider and the shining-gold-yellow-orange-kin in their current positions, as if explaining that she was certainly not interrupting. Despite the fact she'd been the cause of the orange dragon's leap off, and then his Rider's stumble. But, no. Not her fault. Golden-warm-fire-scales just had too much energy.

She turned her head as her Rider entered, and lifted up her jaw and trilled softly. She paced towards him and lowered her nose to nibble at his leg, sort of affectionate. He didn't seem much to appreciate, for he moved his leg away with a grunt. Well, fine. But she supposed it was due to the unfortunate lack of scales these two-legged had. She stood by him proudly, though, as he spoke to the others. Her gaze especially locked on the orange-yellow-sunset-kin, with something close to disdain.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Thu May 22, 2014 10:43 am

{truth! it will be more fun xD <3}

Círdan nodded tersely in answer to Bharavase. "Yes," he murmured quietly in response, "let us move forward." With that he turned, looking about the place once, and started off in the direction they had been headed the previous day. He was glad he'd collected his belongings from their place in the tree before he set out that morning and would not need to travel back for them--it seemed Bharavase had done the same. He did not wish to tally any moment more than necessary in his present company. It was not long before the motley group heard the trickle of a stream, and with a few more paces they broke through into a beautifully-lit clearing, with sunshine streaming through the leaves and dappling the grass with warmth. The stream was indeed there, a gentle babble of life crossing through their path. Círdan's gaze quickly zeroed in on the biggest other life-form in the area--there was a creature that had been drinking the water from the opposite side of the clear stream, who now looked up at them curiously. He had seen a few creatures such as this before, living where he had grown in Ília Fëon; he had seen a few others in closer proximity during his short stay in Ellesméra as well. It was a creature part elf, part animal, an old art that some still took to. This one had a sort of wolfish form, but the colour of the fur more resembled a doe. As Círdan gazed at it, and it at him, he could see the intelligence in it's deep eyes. It seemed to grin at him, a toothy smile, and as it's gaze switched to the dragon still perched on his shoulder the thing let out a strange cackle, it's smile covering over half it's face. His dragon's tail thumped against Círdan's back, but he gave it a light warning, asking it not to go to close to the beast. Even so, his dragon slithered down his body, landing low to the ground. It crawled cautiously, curiously over to the creature. The creature's gaze flipped between the golden dragon and where Bharavase was beside Círdan, then stayed on the sunset-coloured beast as it neared. With the stream in between them, the dragon stopped a respectable distance from the creature, now letting itself stand a bit taller. From its scaled maw, it let out a curious little cooooaack? and tilted it's head, tail flopping against the ground.

Out of the corner of his eye, Círdan saw Bharavase's purple dragon joining his golden one, watching the creature before them with mild interest. At the little reptile's call, the wolf-beast raised it's head up to the sky and let out a strange cackling howl, as if ever so amused by the dragon. It thrust it's head in the direction of the Círdan's dragon, causing both the golden dragon and his Rider to tense up, but it quickly turned and with a flick of it's tail and a patter of giant paws that made hardly a sound for as big as they were, it leaped through the  bushes and away from the group. Círdan suddenly felt an urge to go after it--he felt it would for some reason, somehow, spread word about he and his dragon, as well as Bharavase and his, but there was nothing that could be done. He knew he shouldn't go after one such as that. Suppressing a sigh, he walked towards the stream and crouched down, letting is hand fall into the pristine water. He felt his dragon amble up and headbutt his thigh, causing his weight to shift, but Círdan was able to keep his balance. He was getting far too used to being pushed around, he realised with annoyance. Strangely, he was feeling quite peaceful at the moment. Even when he heard Bharavase's movement rustle behind him, he did not feel threatened or angry--at least, not any more than he did normally, before any of this happened. He watched his dragon as it flicked around in the water, snapping at bugs and clawing at the tiny fish that darted through the stream. "You haven't a name, have you...?" he mumbled, staring at his dragon as it played. It seemed so intent on it's play that he didn't think it would hear him, but at his words it perked up, golden-orange eyes blinking at him and tail waving lightly on the ground as it wiggled it's paws, making small steps where it was standing, seeming to be happily excited (when was it not?).

That strange creature had been quite the conundrum for the little dragon, and he wanted nothing more than to go after it and play with it, but his Rider-of-heart had asked him not to get to close. For some reason, he felt he would listen this time. As it thumped away, he was slightly sad, but regained his former happiness as his tall-elf-of-dark-head-fur sat near the stream, and he joined him happily, splashing a bit in hopes his lonely-and-angry-Rider-of-soul would play with him. He could feel a certain thoughtfulness seeping through their contact, and at his Rider's words the dragon knew. He put his full attention on his Rider, waiting. Finally.

{weeeee, hope that was okay!! <:3 if there's anything you want me to change, as always, lemme know!!! <333}
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Thu May 22, 2014 2:37 pm

{{ it was lovely as usual. <33 }}

. b h a r a v a s e .
Bharavase was glad for the quick agreement. He cast his reddish gaze towards his little purple beast, then strode forwards after the other elf. Attempting to shrug away his tension, he took on a leisurely pace just steps behind Círdan and the golden dragon. His violet creature trotted at his heels, taking numerous steps for one of his. The sound of running water made Bharavase lift his head slightly. However, it wasn't the stream at made him jerk in surprise. It was the presence of a being just across the creek. A strange life-form. He easily gleaned that it was part elf, and took the odd qualities to be cause of magic, probably purposeful. He'd seen a few of these unusual creatures. The skinny elf came to a halt next to his companion, and watched warily. He initial fear wanted him to scoot away, hiding his dragon. Yet he also felt that this elf-creature, being so far from any city, was not likely to share its discoveries. Bharavase dared not even approach its mind. Instead, he almost instinctively lifted a barrier around his own mind--even shutting out his dragon. He noticed she had moved past him, following Círdan's beast. The golden dragon made a funny sound, to which the strange being responded with a starling, eerie yowl. It reminded him a little of laughter. The sudden jerk of its had made all four creatures to jolt ever so slightly. And then it departed, with a sudden turn and leap. He stared after it worriedly, then shook himself slightly.

He glanced down as Círdan crouched by the water, and the golden dragon frolicked next to him. His own dragon had stood still, after loosing interest in the elf-being's disappearance, and was merely watching her hatchmate's antics, quite unimpressed. Bharavase stayed where he was and glanced back over the stream, and the peaceful setting. As he heard Círdan's faint words, he directed his gaze towards the other elf, interest flickering through him. Yes. Names. He'd not given much thought to that yet, but now that he did, it seemed an necessary topic. As intelligent as dragons were, names were just a important as they were to elves. The dragons sensed it as well. Even the golden one quieted a little, through his excitement hadn't dimmed. Bharavase lowered himself down to kneel nearby. The purple dragon snaked her head over and stared fiercely at him. He supposed she'd be picky if he tried to give her choices--which is what he planned to do. Offer names he thought of. Perhaps valiant warriors or noble philosophers or dragons passed. Many of the elven names he knew were those of great thinkers and healers. Not surprising, considering the peaceful desire of their race, unless angered. Yet he felt that might not be suitable for a powerful dragon... Bharavase watched her carefully. He felt her interest and excitement flood their mental link. The elf began to run through female elven names in his mind. Lháinel, Faervel, Ídhil, Caelir, Heyáhn, Breea, Teynímh... He sent them towards her. They were all philosophers. Her response was more or less uninterested. He tried more. Shíyaa--a healer. Kaethel--a famous bound dragon, Venöri--also a dragon, whose magic was remarkable....Aeleth. Aeleth was my mentor. She was very skilled in the art of battle. None seemed to impress the dragon much. She cocked her head him, eyes bright. Bharavase glanced towards Círdan and his dragon, guessing they were going through a similar process. He shifted slightly, flexing his hands across the short grass. Fiyr? She was a dragon, a red one, who had a powerful flame magic. Alavada? I believe she was an wild dragon, excellent with strategy. His thoughts detected a flicker of sudden satisfaction. Alavada? He asked again, blinking at the purple dragon. He felt a click in her mind, and a rush of pride. 

The unusual lean-fur-magic-being across the stream was a great puzzlement. She could sense it wasn't a specific species, but something else entirely, a normal creature that had been altered. What it had originally been, though, she was at a loss for. Her parter-of-mind-and-heart seemed similarly awed. Neither two-legged-no-scales spoke, though. Golden-one-of-her-kin had moved forwards curiously, so she followed, fixing a purple stare upon the strange thing. It seemed neither frightened nor impressed, but instead merely casually amused. She sensed it could have communicated with them in some way but chose it to. Her curiosity was great, and she reached out with her mind. However, she was met with such a massive wall that she could not even fathom how large and powerful the others' mind was. Her arrogance snubbed a little, she crept back to her own thoughts, shielding her mental adventure from her Rider, who would have only expressed displeasure. The creature cackle-howled in response to sunlight-scales-kin and then took off abruptly, leaving the four to stare after it. She clacked her jaws and exhaled a puff of air. When the forest grew still again she stepped back. Her amaranthine eyes flicked towards the orange-yellow-shimmering-one as he played in the water, and his mint-eyes-two-legged-partner. His words startled her just as much as it did the kin-of-sunset-scales. Yes! She was certainly worthy of a name. She wasn't sure the silly golden beast needed one, but whatever. She lifted her head and chirruped softly. He began to speak, sending words towards her--names. She sniffed slightly and tilted her head, mostly unimpressed. Peaceful names, at first. She liked some of the later ones--those of her kin. Then, one took her interest. Alavada. She wasn't sure why, but it drew her curiosity to her. Perhaps the appeal of a wild dragon, somehow more different, yet a link to her history and species. She hummed quietly. Alavada, she thought back to him, the only word she'd yet spoken. Her voice was deep but rich and wild, full of elegance.

{{ not sure, but I might play around with her name a bit more, debating on adding a accent grave over one of the a's....if so I'll fix this post. Was that good enough for naming? I feel like it should be more...descriptive or long lasting...but idk. I guess it was rather short in the books...Eragon just listed names and whichever one Saphira liked she chose it. xD lol. It just felt short to me. }}

Last edited by Zoketi on Thu May 22, 2014 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Thu May 22, 2014 5:30 pm

{you are far too kind, my friend <: )   and nuuuu you were fine!!! i like it :3 there's not much else we can do, really, unless we announce it to the whole of Du Weldenvarden xD dun worry about it <3 so since we bold regular speech, i figured we'd bold thought-speech too? Just to keep it separate from normal thoughts....idk what do you think we should do?}

He watched his dragon for a second more, gathering his thoughts as he looked into it's strikingly beautiful deep citrine gaze. Círdan admired his dragon, looking at it closely for the first time in what felt like forever. The dragon's eyes were a mixture of the deepest, darkest oranges--maybe even some red--to a pale, chrysoberyl yellow that sent only a few, wiry tendrils of colour from pupil to the outside of the iris, almost the same colour that shone as the lightest light from the scales and the pale veins in it's leathery wings. Sometimes his scales shone even with slight mystic purples and deep blues, but more often oranges, yellows, reds, and the occasional pink. He truly was a sunset. Coming back to himself, Círdan shook his head lightly and blinked a few times, narrowing his eyes at his dragon.

He swiftly connected minds with it--the creature seemed a little shocked at his closeness, but it only took a split second for it to get over that reaction and brush it's vast yet small, young yet old mind against him with deep affection and happiness. He ignored it's joy for the most part, but Círdan couldn't help feeling a small rush of excitement as he prepared to offer names--though he would never admit it, not even to his dragon. Names, then...Erurnon? Famous Elvish philosopher. Hige--powerful yet gentle dragon of one of the Riders of old. Perhaps Saddu, she was a dragon who preferred wilderness but was nice enough to the occasional traveler. Well, nicer than most. Daenir? Famed Elvish warrior. Also a brilliant cook, or so I've heard, the little dragon huffed in good humour at that, clacking it's jaws in what looked like a smile. For a moment, Círdan nearly slipped into a small smile himself, but was able to catch the impulse and pull back. Right then...Kematïan? Great power he wielded, with his Rider Palíc. There's also Kotaed, and Monskul, dragons of old; perhaps Hotak, or Vagdir? Hato--a great weaponsmith with no equal in his day? Maybe...Tegarûu, great magical prowess he possessed.....no? Well, you are a pain, Círdan's brow furrowed in annoyance. His dragon merely  stared at him the whole time, waiting.  Yújin the Healer? Gemuruh, the mighty warrior and esteemed scholar?? Maybe Tamashi, a skilled alchemist, I believe? Juvak, Toalndr, Revask? The little golden dragon merely huffed and shook it's head, pawing the ground. Fine... Círdan grumbled, delving deep into his mind to think of anything that he deemed might be worthy of naming this beast. Mmm...how about, Shïnrai? A wild dragon that was a fierce fighter but an even fiercer ally; one of the first few unbound dragons willing to befriend and help the Elves, if they called upon him favourably. At the last name, his dragon perked up, closing it's eyes. A strange sound, a contented one to Círdan's ear, emanated quietly from it's throat. ...Shïnrai? he sent in a quiet, slightly wary (sounding a bit angry, as always) tendril of thought to his dragon. It's eyes snapped open and it lept at him, shocking him so that Círdan fell back with a cry and flailed his arms as he landed on his back, the dragon clutching with its claws to the front of his tunic, it's angular head nuzzling against his chest. I'm assuming that's a yes, Círdan let out an exasperated, annoyed sigh, his face set somewhere between bewilderment, annoyance, and maybe--just maybe--the slightest hint of something dangerously close to joy.

.:s h ï n r a i:.
The little dragon waited passively as his Rider began listing off names. That's the feeling they all gave him--a passive one. None particularly piqued his interest. Perhaps a few seemed a bit interesting, but they didn't really speak to him, not yet. He could tell his minty-gaze-irritable-temper-partner was getting annoyed with him, but when was he not? The little dragon was just happy he was opening his mind to him. Their bond seemed closest when their minds were linked, though if the little beast had his way they'd be linked like this all the time. Give him time, he will come around. At least, he hoped his no-scales-no-tail-elf-Rider would. Either way, they were together now, and that's what mattered. Suddenly, as he spoke the last word to him, the last name, something felt right. The dragon closed his eyes, savouring the sound of that word, with his Rider's thought, his Rider's speech attached to it. He savoured the sound of it in his mind. It felt right there. Yes. This was it. Shïnrai.

...Shïnrai? at the sound of the dark-pale-tall-elf's thought in his mind, his call, the dragon broke back to himself, joy spreading through him. He tackled his partner-of-soul-and-mind, catching him by surprise yet again. He liked doing that. It was fun. As he curled against his firm, though softer-than-scales, warm torso, the little dragon took a deep breath of his Rider's scent and lifted his head, blinking his eyes slowly open. Warm sunset eyes looking into cool malachite eyes, the dragon pushed towards his favourite perch's mind in answer, Círdan?

{aheeh x3 that was fun, i enjoyed that post~}
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Thu May 22, 2014 11:11 pm

{{ cx hah yes. and lol yeah that's a good idea. I edited it to bold italics. ;D and yes I love your post <33 oh and I put a diaeresis over the third a in Alaväda. so it should be, I think, "ah-luh-VAAH-duh". (hardly a difference, but just a little more deep emphasis on that syllable) xD it looks cooler so yeah! yay for aesthetics! and heh, it's funny that your dragon's name has it over the i. I didn't notice til I reread your post xD hope that's okay lol }}

. b h a r a v a s e .
When she spoke, a flickering smile broadened over his face. He'd never heard such a melodic, low voice. It was feminine, yet not 'a girl'. But then, she was a dragon. He sat still, blinking at her, awash with joy. His expression was more so a calm delight, but his mind churned happily. It was like an accomplishment. He didn't know why it felt so good. Perhaps his dragon's happiness was leaking to him. He could feel it, rippling through their bond. She had a name. A word that expressed who she was. It was perhaps, not her true name, but it was meaningful all the same. He reached out a hand, and the dragon responded right away, leaning up her head to press her face against his palm--the one with the gedwëy ignasia. She hummed again.

Bharavase lifted his head, suddenly remembering Cirdan and the golden dragon. "Have you...chosen a name?" he asked, his tone cool, hiding the curiosity. He felt Alaväda draw back and shift, talons scratching through the soil.

. a l a v ä d a.
Satisfaction. Yes, it was so nice. She was even prouder now, if that was possible. Alaväda. Just thinking it was a delight. The violet dragon swished her tail and eyed her partner-of-mind-and-heart with pleasure. As he reached a paw towards her she lifted her head to meet it, a humming rumble escaping from deep within her scaled chest. The moment was brief, and she relaxed back as the elf turned towards their companions, whom she'd nearly forgotten about in all the emotions. Alaväda took a step forwards, eyeing her golden-scaled-sunlit-kin with meager curiosity and arrogance. She roughly pushed her mind towards his, wanting not only to know if he'd received a name but also to boast about her own.

{{ whoo, lol. when we gonna skip? ouo cuz I definitely don't wanna rp them having to go through learning to talk and stuff. xD }}
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Fri May 23, 2014 12:14 am

{hah yes that's the first thing I thought of when you said you were putting it on -- now both our elvish drags have the same kind of accent! xD yeah we can skip now if ya want :3 }

Círdan felt his dragon's voice ripple in thought through their link. It was undeniably a male voice, but not because it was brawny or anything of the sort. It was a voice of the young, but full of unabated power and ferocity. It was strange, just hearing his dragon in his mind gave Círdan a deeper look into the creature's true character. He suddenly felt closer to him than ever. To Shïnrai. When Bharavase spoke, Círdan sat up a bit quickly, surprising his dragon who made a squawking noise and clutching tighter to his tunic, flattening himself against Círdan's lean but strong abdomen as his tail flailed to try and keep his balance. "Y-yes," Círdan mentally cursed himself for stuttering--so idiotic. He slipped one hand underneath Shïnrai's belly, the other going to each paw to unhook his claws and set him a bit roughly on the ground as Círdan quickly regained his usual composure, "Of course I have," the elf stood, bringing his satchel up with him, "We're wasting time." With that, the elf stepped over the stream in a seamless bound and continued on their way, not pausing for Bharavase nor his dragon.

.:s h ï n r a i:.
The little beast swished his tail in discontent as he was set unceremoniously upon the ground, but paused as he felt a mind trying to touch his. He put up cautious guards, but wanted to know who it was. Of course. He knew this presence. His gaze flicked to it's owner--his deep-purple-sky-scaled-kin, who still sat near her Rider. At first, he nearly let her in--partway at least--but thought better of it. He caught wind of his partner-of-heart-and-mind's more icy tone, and also put up barriers to his mind. But he sent a small tendril of thought out to see why she'd requested his audience. After all, she had never seemed to give a care about him until now. He tried to pretend like it didn't bother him, but honestly it did a bit. They'd been together since hatching--surely that had to mean something! Oh well, she'd come around. At his timid, questioning thought she announced her own new name. Alaväda. Hmm. He had to admit, that was nice. It had a certain ring to it. He shared his thoughts, and she seemed to enjoy the praise, although at the same time he felt she didn't care what he thought. Either way, he also shared his new name with her. He too was proud of it, proud that his Rider, his partner-of-soul-and-mind had given it just to him. It belonged to him now, it was him. Just as much as his tall-one-of-icy-eyes was his. Shïnrai would let nothing change that, not ever.

{SKIPPITY SKIP SKIP now?}
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Fri May 23, 2014 1:20 pm

{{ yey c; also I'm merging their posts to make things easier. }}

. b h a r a v a s e . & . a l a v ä d a .
The odd group of travelers had changed over the past month. Most noticeably was the physical growth of the two dragons. They, as had been expected, had grown explosively and were nearly big enough to mount. Their shoulders reached to the elves' elbows, give or take a few inches or so. Mentally, too, they had also aged. They were talking actively now, and the dragons' vocabulary was growing each day. They were incredibly fast learners, and seemed to eat up whatever their Riders said. As of now, they were trekking through Du Weldenvardan--as they had been. However, they were southeast of Ellesméra, heading in the general direction of the the eastern Beors. But there was no specific plan yet.

Alaväda had taken the lead. Where she was going, she hadn't a clue. Her partner-of-mind-and-heart didn't seem to approve, but she wasn't taking any complaints, so he'd stopped pestering her. Her serpentine neck was arched, and her steps light and smooth. A silence had descended between them. As far as she knew, Círdan and Shinrai weren't talking. But perhaps they were. She personally didn't mind the silence; it was good to listen to the gentle-rustle-wild-sounds of the forest. She'd pondered lots lately. The two elves had done a lot of explaining on their tricky situation. Alaväda found it quite offensive. And of course, she had a serious dislike of the human species now, because of the tyrant-black-heart-traitor. She tried not to think on it too much.

I sense we need to choose a path soon, she mused to Bharavase. Her eye flicked back towards him, and she saw his head lift slightly.

He responded. I sense it too. Perhaps this evening we shall bring up a serious discussion on what our future plans are.

Alaväda swung her tail across the ground, accidentally switching it across Shinrai's forepaws. This goalless pacing makes my scales itch. There is no point in it. The violet dragon eyed her Rider for a moment. Red-eyes, I must eat. Transferring her thoughts to the others as well, she went on. I go hunt now. Leaving it at that, Alaväda unfurled her wings and struck forwards at a jerky lope. A good ways ahead she took off, vanishing into the forest. Bharavase watched her go, feeling the familiar pull as she moved further. Their link stretched thin, so he could only just make out her stronger emotions.

{{ heh. I might change their speaking colors. I'm on my iPad so I don't want to do much coding cuz it takes so long, so those are placeholders for now. fixed. I think I'm satisfied... xD }}
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Fri May 23, 2014 6:07 pm

{oooh the merging is a good idea--it was already starting to get a bit awkward and they could barely talk ^^' and alright, that works~}

.:c í r d a n:. & .:s h ï n r a i:.
They had been ambling about in the forests of Du Weldenvarden for over a month now. Círdan had been annoyed with the predicament from the beginning, and after a week he didn't know how much more aimless wandering he could stand. Now it had been over four weeks of the same: get up, eat if they hungered, the first one to step out chose the direction they were going to go and they wandered; stop when someone could walk no more, sleep, and do it all again. Nothing had been happening. Absolutely. Nothing. The dragons's speed of growth and new maturity was of course intriguing and in some ways--to Círdan in particular, welcomed. (For now, Shïnrai could no longer clamber up his body and perch on his shoulder, flicking his tail against the back of Círdan's neck. It was quite nice to have a break from being scratched up by little dragon claw). But at this point, Círdan longed for something to happen. He longed for a goal. He longed to fight, he wanted to sink his blade into flesh, he wanted to practise magic, anything other than having to hike through the forests all day every day with that Bharavase--Círdan spat his name in his mind--and with no goal to speak of, hiding from any other presence for fear that word of their dragons would spread. Would that even be a bad thing? Why were they doing this anymore?

Please do not let your temper get the best of you, Círdan was mildly surprised to realise he hadn't kept his mind-walls up against his dragon. He kept slipping these days. He was guarded against all else, but his dragon...he often let his defenses down without realising it. Idiotic. Shïnrai was not berating him--his vast voice was gentle and caring, with the slightest hint of amusement.

I will reign in my temper, Círdan resisted the urge to slice a nearby branch with his blade, when I have something worth while to redirect my attention towards. Shïnrai let out a fairly quiet, though audible sigh. They continued on for a few minutes more. At one point, Alaväda swung her tail about, brushing across Shïnrai's forepaws. He opened his maw slightly and gave a chatter, exhibiting acknowledgement. However much Círdan was oftentimes annoyed with Shïnrai, he thought his dragon was far too nice to the purple beast. She didn't treat him badly per se, but she didn't seem to think too highly of him either. Not that Círdan had conversed much with her, but still. She was a beautiful beast, and Círdan was a bit glad to have her around. Though Shïnrai was slightly larger than her, they were both still growing and pretty much at the same rate. At least Shïnrai had company, if he desired it. And if he wasn't too friendly--she didn't seem to appreciate any of his antics, at least it didn't outwardly look like she did. She was intelligent and she looked to be growing up strong--they both were.

Alaväda broadcast her speech to the group, expressing her intent to hunt. As she loped forward and took off, Círdan glanced at Shïnrai. I may join her shortly. I think she would like some peace, for a while. Círdan couldn't help but marvel grudgingly, not for the first time, over his dragon's sense for others. He seemed to know what others liked, what they needed, before they'd even said a word. Even if they never did. It was strange. And it just seemed like an aspect of his personality. He was a gentle dragon in pleasant company, but a fearsome sight to behold.

{I messed around a bit with their speech colours as well--let me know if you have trouble reading any of them, 'cause i can change them if you want :3 }
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Fri May 23, 2014 6:36 pm

{{ cx it's fine for me! }}

. b h a r a v a s e . & . a l a v ä d a .
Bharavase lowered his gaze to the forest floor, treading along. He felt rather exposed without his dragon's presence close by, especially in the present company--particularly the other elf. He kept silent, not wanting to voice any of his opinions. When they stopped for the night, perhaps. He lacked the courage to bring anything up, though. Maybe he'd make Alaväda start things off. She didn't seem to be on anyone's bad side--hopefully. For the most part she was reasonable, though her vanity and arrogance was a little irritating. Still, a female dragon was probably the most self-centered of all beings, he thought with some amusement--keeping that to himself so as to not offend the purple beauty herself. He scuffed his feet for a moment, then straightened and paced along, a good few steps away from the other elf and golden dragon.

Meanwhile, Alaväda was soaring just above Du Weldenvarden's canopy. The trees out here were much smaller, as they were heading away from the capitol--so the magic was dimmed considerably. It was now difficult to fly steadily beneath the leaves, so she chose to soar just above the treeline. Her amaranthine eyes flicked over the land, searching out something tasty, some ungulates hopefully. She was wondering if she'd see the golden-scaled-of-her-kin soon as they tended to hunt together. It lessened the risk for the elves slightly, or so that was the excuse. The violet dragon hummed softly as she caught the warm air, billowing under her majestic wings.

{{ okay not sure where I was going with this post sorry D: }}
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Fri May 23, 2014 8:23 pm

{ oh no it's fine, no worries!!! *huggles* sorry it took me so long btw--i was feeling really icky for a while x/ it's on and off }

.:c í r d a n:. & .:s h ï n r a i:.
Círdan scowled as he walked along, thinking. As usual. After a few minutes, Shïnrai pushed lightly against his side with one large scaled shoulder, breaking the elf from his thoughts. The dragon blinked once at his Rider before sending his thought-speak to both elves, and nodded up to the sky, I think I will hunt as well. I shall return soon. The mighty dragon peeled his folded wings from his sides, shaking his head and snorting as he prepared to bound forward. He took a bit of a running start, opening his wings and leaping into the air. He tried to avoid whacking any branches, but a few needles and twigs rained down on the path as he ascended. In moments, he had breached the canopy roof and the trees flomped back to their places, rustling, as the golden dragon went in search for his female-purple-scaled-kin.

As he broke out of the forest and entered the sky above, Shïnrai blinked as he felt his eyes adjust to the sudden change in light. It was after midday, and the sun was beginning it's descent. They still had at least two hours before sunset. As he ascended higher into the sky, he could feel the pull of his Rider's soul-mind-bond the further he got. He sensed the usual increase in discomfort and disgruntled annoyance at being left alone with bright-flower-petal-kin's-elf-Bharavase, but he tried to send comfort to his Rider--whether the elf wanted it or not--before focusing more on the task at hand. The golden dragon cast his gaze about for Alaväda and quickly found her. Her deep purple scales shone in the dying sunlight and her wings cast leathery, amethyst-sapphire-like shadows on the leaves of the trees below. She was scanning the ground for prey, something sizeable enough to sate her hunger. He flapped his strong wings, catching up to her and flying a bit higher than her, but not too close as to set them off kilter. They had been flying for a few weeks now, but Shïnrai knew he still had a lot to learn. He let out a gentle chirrup in greeting, nodding his head. She broke her gaze for a moment to look at him, and he blinked warmly at her in a friendly manner. He would help her hunt, if she'd let him. They almost always hunted at the same time, but sometimes she chased him away from her and they hunted separately and sometimes she let him join her. He didn't really mind being snapped at by her, it was just her way. So far, he didn't know her well enough to know when she wanted him to hunt with her and when she didn't, as she was always fairly indifferent to him, but he figured he'd get to read her more as time went on. In general, he let her connect with him first in speech. She didn't particularly seem to enjoy his company much, so he tried to let her be when he could. But honestly it made him happy when she did speak with him--even if it was more often than not in a cold tone. Well, even if she didn't think of him as a friend, he enjoyed her company enough for the both of them.

{i'm kind of assuming Alaväda still thinks of him mostly as a bit of an annoyance, of a bit of a child even though they've grown a little. He's also grown a bit more into his timid personality, he's not quite as rambunctious as he used to be :3 but tell me if you want me to change anything about her in or Bhara in any of my posts, whenever, okay? :3 <3 }
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next