Rising Springs Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

it's hard to make the good things last. (WWB & Velvet)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

it's hard to make the good things last. (WWB & Velvet) Empty it's hard to make the good things last. (WWB & Velvet)

Post  Zoketi Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:58 pm

Current Territory
Small woodland, a few fields here and there. Distant mountains. Distant small human town. A few streams run through woods, but there is no big source of water aside. Deciduous and coniferous make up the forest.

Current Season
Summer.

Current Weather
Blue sky with cumulus clouds, gentle breeze, around eighty degrees Fahrenheit. Humid, smells almost like rain on the way but the sky is clear of thunderheads for now.

{one of you may begin sorry for lazyness. /shot}
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

http://zoketi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

it's hard to make the good things last. (WWB & Velvet) Empty Re: it's hard to make the good things last. (WWB & Velvet)

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:12 pm

~Belaku~
A white nose snuffled keenly about in the mosses adorned to a small rock. Stark white paws, somehow kept clean from daily travel, gently kneaded the soft plant matter, peeling it away from it's home. With a satisfied blink of wide dark eyes, the petite bunny rose onto her hind legs, reaching with a paw to pull at an herb's flower above her. She bent the stalk, eyed the pretty white petals and large yellow centre, thankfully unmarred by insect bites. Baring her white, precise teeth, Belaku nipped off the stalk, and repeated the process with a few more flowers until the cluster of chamomile was significantly reduced of all it's most pristine buds. Wrapping her collection of herbs in a large leaf, the small bunny glanced around warily before gingerly hopping away, headed back towards her sister.

*Takku*
Racing through the forest, strong paws pounding down as the undergrowth zipped by, a flash of white and brown was all to be seen. Seeing a fit tree ahead, the young buck prepared himself and headed straight for it. At the last second, he lept upwards, using his momentum and his capable, sturdy paws and claws to run straight up the trunk. Then, gravity decided to take it's turn and Takku gouged a claw mark as he pushed off from the tree, turning in the air and sticking his landing, slightly out of breath. He looked up with light brown eyes to assess his handiwork. It was the best he'd done so far, he smirked as he saw how high up his claw mark reached. He'd gotten fairly close to reaching a branch. Sure, he didn't know what he'd do if he actually did manage to get that far up a tree, but that wouldn't stop him from testing himself and seeing if he could do it. A grumbling in his stomach alerted him to the fact that it was lunchtime, and the buck set his next goal on finding a meal fit for a rabbit of his stature.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

it's hard to make the good things last. (WWB & Velvet) Empty Re: it's hard to make the good things last. (WWB & Velvet)

Post  Zoketi Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:51 pm

c e l e s t e .

It was a glorious day, one of many to come. Perfect for lounging around, for that was really all that Celeste had to do. With no one to bother her--just as she liked, the solitary bunny could spend her day at leisure. Though she enjoyed hard work now and then, it was enjoyable to kick back--though when things had to be done she was a stickler for getting through it. One of her favorite pastimes was darting around, lashing out at invisible enemies. After all, foxes lurked about in the woods too, and one could never be too prepared. Celeste knew that if she was gonna get attacked by one of the sly red creatures, she was going to put up a fight that it wouldn't forget. There was no way she was going to let anyone think "doe" meant delicate and weak. At least, when the looked at her. She lifted a front paw from where she stood on the thick root of a cottonwood tree and nibbled at her toes to clean them. When satisfied with the creamy hue of her paw, she set it down and peered around with her dark green gaze. The forest was silent and at peace, though birdsong and the occasional rustle was heard. The small-built doe tilted her head and stepped off the root, her nose working furiously. A distant but odd pounding had reached her ears. It had been brief but unusual enough to arouse her curiosity. The red merle rabbit flicked up her ears and hopped forwards a pace, wary.

i m b i r .

The stream gurgled and chirped as it went on its way. Rocks dotted the bottom and sometimes rose out of the water, which was only a few inches deep in most places. There were a few deeper spots. The creek was about two rabbit-leaps wide--this was the smallest one in the woods right now. Along the bank an orange-and-white shape crouched, half-hidden by weeds and grass. A clearing bordered this side of the stream, while mostly woods rose up on the other bank. Imbir had been startled by a dragonfly and was watching cautiously from his green hiding spot. The nervous buck poked his nose out and lifted his ears a bit. The dragonfly was buzzing over by the other side of the water now, dancing and sending bits of iridescent color glittering on the surface of the stream. Imbir thought it was a beautiful sight, and for a moment he was calm. Then a pair of squirrels dashed by, thundering just inches from the rabbit, and he shrank back with a squeak. He caught a few words from the bushy-tailed creatures; "stubborn acorn just wouldn't crack" and "stole her favorite kind!" Squirrel nonsense. Imbir sighed softly and lay his head down on his white paws.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  VelvetMemory Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:07 pm

~ l u n e ~
What to do? What to do? Lune's eyes looked around for anything, anything interesting. She shook her head in frusteration and snuffled around for any smells, any signs of other creatures and detected another rabbit scent close to her, in fact, very close. She shook her fluff in alarm and looked around. I guess he's at the creek, maybe I shouldn't go....well, what harm could he do to me? She looked up to see a huge bird swoop down, nearly grabbing her. She squealed and darted toward the creek, hearing the squawks right on her tail behind her. She saw a face contort in fear on the other side of the creek and for a split second their eyes met but she, at top speed, ran into some kind of, maybe a groundhog hole. She heard a gruff voice from the inside of the hole "What are you trying to do, wreck my home?" "Um no, I was being chased. Could I please stay here, I kinda don't want to become a meal.." "Fine," the voice replied, "but don't mess anything up." "Thank you so much!" Lune sighed in relief. Her eyes widened as she remembered the other bunny, What if I just sentenced him to death??

~ a n i m o s a ~
Animosa looked up as Belaku hopped back from her herb hunt. "Belaku, I've been thinking, do you think you could teach me about the medicine herbs? Whenever you help some kind of sick creature, I feel so helpless and I think it would be really cool if we both could help." {{OMG HWELP ME, WRITER'S BLOCK! D:}}
VelvetMemory
VelvetMemory
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:54 pm

~Belaku~
The pretty white bunny blinked her wide, dark-rimmed eyes at her sister. She heaved the bundle onto the ground before them, smiling, "Sure! I'll show you all I know." She opened the bundle, showing her sister the items she'd collected. Pawing gently at the white and yellow flowers, she narrated, "This is a chamomile flower. It's mostly used to calm down a patient if they're in distress, but it also helps build strength if you're going on a long journey. It tastes pretty good, too! Then here," she prodded the moss, "this is just some moss, of course. Not really any medicinal properties, but I thought it'd be useful to make a bed out of. Even if we only stay here for a little," she was referring to the small burrow they'd dug beneath the roots of a rather large tree that the two were seated beside. Continuing, Belaku pointed to the last material, small slightly prickly leaves, "These are leaves from a blackberry bush. They're kinda difficult to get, just because it'll prick you, but you can chew these up and apply the pulp to a bee sting to help ease the swelling. I saw quite a few bees lounging about the area yesterday so I thought it'd be a good idea." She sat back, one of her hind legs reaching up to scratch just behind her ear, as she blinked excitedly at her sister. She hoped it wasn't too much information at one time, but she was happy that her sister was so interested in what she liked to do, too.

*Takku*
The young buck's brown nose twitched as he sighed. Searching for food was such a pain. It only made him hungrier. Giving another theatrical sigh, Takku shoved aside some brambles, spotting a pretty little cluster of leafy weeds and clovers ahead. He also scented a rabbit quite nearby, but he decided he'd be able to deal with whoever it was if needed. Instead of worrying, he hopped up towards the food, promptly nibbling and picking off some choice leaves, his strong teeth making quick work of his lunch. He was even lucky enough to have found an area plentiful in delicious clover. The white and brown-spotted young rabbit bit off most of the less desirable stalks first, saving the best for last. He collected a nice little bouquet of clover to munch on for dessert, and, nibbling on a particularly large, juicy leaf, the rabbit hopped over to a nearby tree and lounged against it, lazily popping the scrumptious clovers into his mouth and savouring the sweet taste.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:25 pm

c e l e s t e .

She couldn't see anyone yet, but the scent told her that whomever it was was reasonably close. She frowned to herself, unable to just sit still. Though she dreaded meeting anyone and having to interact with words, she was curious. And besides, her pride was battling with her to not sit there and ignore everyone in the forest. She'd encountered a few rabbits before, but they had always ended badly. Not on her part, really--well, she had been with one rabbit who had been a friend to her when she was younger, but she had never really been able to speak comfortably to him--so he left after a bit. That's when she had decided to not ever look like a frightened weakling ever again. And the few other encounters had ended with death or separation, and she didn't like to remind herself of those. But maybe it was time to change that. Celeste sighed ever so softly and tried to gather what little courage she had--which wasn't hardly any. Then she hopped forwards a few paces, froze, and tried again. It took her a few minutes to get past a tree. She narrowed her eyes and pulled on her determination, then moved again. This time she skirted the undergrowth and kept her pelt hidden. While not going to come out at the other rabbit like this, she'd rather see him/her first and then hop out from behind a tree--act all cool and unafraid--and then hope whomever wouldn't want to bother with. Celeste halted. Was that really what she wanted, to be alone her entire life? Part of her agreed. Part of her didn't.

i m b i r .

It was peaceful now, for the most part. Imbir liked this. He twitched his paws and faced ahead, his eyes half-closed and his ears relaxed.

There was a rabbit there.

Imbir nearly jumped, but forced himself to keep still. It was a doe, a dark grey doe. She was across the stream, and looked as if she hadn't noticed him yet. He squinted out at her, drawing his head back into the weeds. Suddenly he heard a shriek, and a shadow swooped down. Imbir's eyes widened, and he met the other bunny's fear-filled gaze as she fled from some huge bird. She vanished down a hole on the bank of the other side of the stream, but the bird kept going. Towards him. With no hesitation he kicked out his hind legs and spun away, frantic with terror. He could hear the wingbeats behind him, and the rush of adrenaline through his veins was so strong he felt more powerful then ever besides the fright. To his extreme luck, he managed to dive inside a hollow log just as he felt the hawk's claws scrape his haunches, leaving four deep gashes. However, Imbir didn't even feel the pain as he charged along the log. He finally skidded to a halt before he reached the end, and crouched down, trembling so hard he thought he just might explode.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:22 pm

~Belaku~
The little white bunny flinched as she felt the air somewhere nearby her twirl and the thundering of terrified pawsteps zipped into a hollow log not far away. Then, she heard the screech of a hawk and her ears shot straight up as her pretty eyes widened in terror as she dropped her herbs on the spot. Even as her paws were already getting in motion, her little yet intelligent brain quickly realized the closest safety was the hiding place of whatever had just run past her, and she herself pounded as quickly as her little white paws would take her in the hollow log after it. She could've sworn she felt the tips of claws rake through the soft fur on her back. Sniffling and panting in fear, once the danger had passed for a moment she turned her attention to whatever had raced in here before her. "Um..e-excuse me? You're not hurt, are you?" she called timidly into the shadows.

*Takku*
He was about halfway through his dessert of clovers when the young spotted rabbit caught the slight whiff of another rabbit nearby. Actually, quite nearby, he realized once he'd held the clovers away long enough to get their delicious scent from his glands and was able to focus on his surroundings. He looked over to where his nose said the bunny was and called out in an inviting way, "Hey, you don't have to hide back there, you know?"

WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:15 am

c e l e s t e .

She heard the voice and frowned at herself. A great first impression, hiding in a bush. She exhaled sharply but softly, then backed herself out of the undergrowth. Turning to the left, she hopped around a tree and peered cautiously past it. Her nose working furiously, she lay eyes on the unfamiliar rabbit, just past a couple of ferns and roots. She gazed with hesitant green eyes at him, aware he would be able to see her--her face, at least. She took a few steps and let her full self come into view. "No. I guess I don't." she murmured.

i m b i r .

His eyes shut tight, Imbir blocked out the sounds of the forest as best as he could--having such large ears didn't help. He tried to calm himself but the tremors would not stop. Suddenly he heard the sound of thumps on wood. Had the hawk come in? Imbir dug his claws into the wood and tried to make himself as small as possible. But his nose told him that this wasn't a hawk...a rabbit? Puzzled, but still shaky, he let his eyes slit open. A voice called out just as he did so. A kinda, hesitant voice that made him glance around. A young white rabbit with large eyes--no, she just had black markings around them. He cautiously straightened more, then hopped a pace towards her, nose twitching. "Er...n-no, I'm not h-hurt." he replied shakily, pretending the deep gouges on his rump didn't exist. Stupid of him, for the blood scent was growing.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:37 pm

~Belaku~
Her eyes widened as she tried to make them adjust to the darkness of the log, and she was just about to express her relief that this rabbit wasn't harmed when the familiar sharp tang of blood invaded her nostrils. "Oh! You are hurt! Please, I can help! I'll just be right back!" Her healing mind kicked in, and the young bunny scuttled around and fled the log, not even caring about or remembering the danger that she could have been in. She didn't even know how this bunny was hurt, but she's make sure to do everything she could. Belaku seized the herbs from where she'd dropped them, but remembered that the only thing she had that might be useful would be the chamomile flower. She turned her little head quickly, sharp wide eyes searching out nearby remedies. She sighed in relief when she spotted cobwebs strung between two long-stemmed wildflowers a few hops away, and she gathered the sticky silk easily. She also realized as she stepped with a crunch that there were plenty of dried oak leaves. Gathering a few up, Belaku added the cobweb and leaves to her herb store, carefully setting them outside the log. "Excuse me, sir, but could you please come out now? I'd like to treat your wounds if you'd let me."

*Takku*
He quickly noticed how pretty the young bunny before him was. Her pelt was an unusual mix of colours, a merle. He simply stared for a moment before he got the better of himself, and stood taller on his feet. "I've never seen you around here before. I'm Takku by the way," he introduced himself with a smile. He himself didn't have many friends of his species--a jumpy sparrow was probably his closest friend at the moment, and although he liked the feathery fellow, knowing someone of his own species appealed to him. Especially someone around his own age, as this young rabbit looked to be.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:28 pm

c e l e s t e .

Celeste was glad he didn't seem to be affected by her odd way of approaching him. She gave a slight inclination of her head as he introduced himself. She tilted her head and replied, "Celeste; my name is Celeste." her ears twitched at the rustlings in the forest. She eyed the young buck, who was white with a dark brown dorsal stripe and dark brown flecks on his sides, brown ears, and brown around his eyes and muzzle. A rather striking image, though Celeste had no opinion yet. So she told herself.

i m b i r .

The white-and-orange rabbit stared after her in dismay as she disappeared outside. He was fine, it was just a few scratches! Imbir cowered nervously in the log as he waited, ignoring the throbbing of the wounds, which, he knew, were quite more than just scratches. That bird's talons had gone in deep and the rabbit considered himself lucky that they hadn't been able to close around and grab him. He assured himself he would be fine. The other bunny, whomever she was, seemed to express concern. Maybe he ought to accept her help--assuming she hadn't ditched him.
She hadn't. He heard her voice again, fainter, as she was outside. Cautiously Imbir crept out, wincing in his movements. Now that the terror was gone, he could feel the throbbing every time he moved. He blinked in the sunlight and stared nervously at the white rabbit, halting just outside the log and turning sideways so she could see where he was hurt. It felt odd to have someone looking after him.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:25 pm

~Belaku~
She smiled reassuringly at him even though she'd now seen how deep his wound was--at it was quite deep. There was sticky blood oozing from it, and it looked quite painful. She gently scooped up some chamomile flowers, setting them in front of his nose. "Here you are...if you could just eat those for me that'd be wonderful. They should soothe your mind a bit, and give you some strength back." Belaku was already focusing on the wound, gently pressing the cobwebs to it to staunch the bleeding. Once it was gone, she inspected the wound to make sure it was clean before she applied the oak leaves, hoping to stop any infection from coming into the wound. She was annoyed that she couldn't find anything to help it heal faster, but at least it wouldn't get infected now. After she'd finished treating him, she turned to him with another smile, "I wish I'd had more herbs with me, but the bleeding's stopped and it doesn't look like there'll be any bad damage. You may have scars, but that'll depend on how it heals. It could disappear completely. The good news is, you shouldn't be getting any infection from it." The pretty young bunny blinked her large eyes happily, hoping that she'd helped.

*Takku*
Takku nodded his head, ears bending slightly in greeting. "Well, it's good to meet you, Celeste. I've just been eating my lunch--want to help me finish up some clovers?" he indicated the pile of clovers that he'd left by the tree, inviting her to share with him. He hoped she would join him, if only for a little while. He doubted she'd stay for long, however. But, who knew? They might just become friends.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:05 am

c e l e s t e .

She took a cautious step closer. "Oh...alright." she wasn't that hungry, but felt it would be rude to decline. With a slight flick of her ears, Celeste hopped over to the male. Her nose twitched rapidly as she approached, scenting out the greens he'd offered. She halted a pace from him, wary of getting to close, and breathed in the scent of the clovers.

i m b i r .

"T-thanks." he squeaked out, obediently nibbling up the chamomile, which had a pleasant smell that made it easier to swallow. He tensed slightly as she began to inspect the four gashes on his backside, then relaxed, knowing he might make it harder while he was so coiled up. He let her work in peace, wincing every so often but keeping still nonetheless. Imbir was grateful as well as surprised by her kindness. He glanced to her once she had finished and gave a slight nod. His gaze flicked back to the wounds and he sniffed at them. "Wow. They feel better. You're really great, thanks!" he turned to face her, a smile flickering over his muzzle.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:33 am

~Belaku~
A small blush warmed her white cheeks at the young buck's praise of her healing. "Oh, it was nothing, really! I'm just glad I could help!" She smiled warmly at him, then shook her head as if remembering something, "Oh, where are my manners? I'm Belaku. It's wonderful to meet you!" she chimed.

*Takku*
"Come on then, don't be shy," he said a bit gruffly, pushing the pile towards her, "I mean, you don't gotta eat if you don't want to, but if you do I mean, it's there...". Takku sniffed a bit, thinking 'What am I doing, babbling like this? Really Takku, get a hold of yourself! It's like you're a complete idiot!'
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:43 am

c e l e s t e .

Celeste's dark emerald gaze flashed, but she lowered her muzzle and began to chew on a clover leaf. She swallowed and nodded brusquely to the buck, then nibbled some more. She felt odd, being invited to share a meal. But it wasn't necessarily bad.

i m b i r .

He blinked happily. "Name's Imbir." he dipped is head politely, nearly all traces of nervousness gone, though he still was a bit wide-eyed and was arranging his paws close to his body. "You live around here?" he asked, hoping he hadn't interrupted her doing anything important.

{ *cries and chases after muse* }
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:51 pm

~Belaku~
Belaku was happy that the white-and-orange buck seemed to enjoy her presence and her aid. She listened to him politely, but hesitated slightly at his question, "Well...I suppose you could say that, yeah! I live in a hollow under a tree nearby, I've moved here recently. I haven't really gotten the chance to look around and see who all lives here. So, you do live in this forest too?" she blinked cutely.

*Takku*
"Sooo, d'ya live around here? Myself, I just travel around a bit, sleep somewhere new each night. I haven't got much of a home, but if asked I'd call this forest my favourite one." He smiled as he too picked out a clover, munching on it as he watched the pretty doe.

{wahhh i agreeeee~~}
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:38 pm

c e l e s t e .

She shook her head, swallowing a clump of leaves. "No. I've been here for a day, even less." she replied, glancing up at him. "Don't have a home." she grunted out as she dipped her head to nibble at the clovers again. Celeste felt a bit bad for not trying to make more conversation, but she was so inexperienced that she had no clue of what to say.

i m b i r .

Imbir smiled a bit wider. "Yes, actually, I've been staying here for a couple of weeks so far--across the stream I have a burrow." he flicked his head towards the brook just down the slight slope from the log. He turned back to Belaku, and gazed at her for a moment. Then he caught himself and turned away, ear tips burning and his paws shuffling. He distracted himself with a juniper bush nearby.

{ lol sigh }
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:25 am

~Belaku~
She hopped happily, "Oh really? We're practically neighbours then! My home is a few trees down from there!" She flicked her ears, wondering why he suddenly had avoided her gaze, seeming entranced with a juniper bush. "It's good to know there are bunnies as kind as you living here, Imbir." She smiled, blinking in contentment.

*Takku*
Takku paused, surprised by Celeste's answer. His ears flicked once, "Don't have a home? You know, I'm completely free this afternoon. I could always help you look for a suitable place for a pretty young doe such as yourself," he paused once more, glancing away, "Unless, that is...you're planning on moving on."

Last edited by WalkingWithBarefeet on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:53 am

c e l e s t e .

Celeste shrugged slightly. The offer was tempting in a way, yet she was unsure how to act around this young buck. "I don't really have any plans. Either way is fine." she answered in an off-hand way. The red merle doe lifted her head, finished with the clovers, and glanced casually to Takku while she sat there.

i m b i r .

He flicked his ears nervously. "Oh. Heh, thanks." he ducked his head at her praise. Searching for something to say in his spinning thoughts, Imbir let his gaze drift over the doe. "I'm just glad there was a bunny as kind and as smart as you here to help me." he added quietly, then took a step back in surprise as he realized how much he'd said.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:18 pm

~Belaku~
Belaku blinked happily, her ears pointed straight and she smiled in pleasure, "Why, thank you! It really was no trouble though, honest! I'm glad to help such a kind rabbit as yourself! You wouldn't believe how picky some of my patients are, not that I'm complaining," she giggled lightly, then opened her dark eyes a bit wider. "So, Imbir...I suppose I'll see you later..?"

*Takku*
He nodded, sniffling his nose. "Mmm...well, I don't want to impose or anything, so if you decide either way, I usually spend a lot of my time around this part of the forest so you'll know where to find me..." his eyes flickered to the depleted stock of clovers, and so he continued with a dip of his head, "Thanks for helping me with the clovers," and with that, Takku turned and prepared to hop away from her, though he wasn't entirely sure he wanted to.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:40 pm

c e l e s t e .

She shifted her paws slightly. "No problem." she murmured, feeling bad for sending him off. She could see his hesitation, and wondered if he didn't want to leave. She twitched her ears, then lifted her head higher. "Wait--Takku." she swallowed nervously. "I'd like to come with you." she ducked her head again, feeling apprehensive.

i m b i r .

Imbir continued to gaze warmly at her, surprised he had found such a nice, caring companion. "Heh." he flicked his stubby tail and dipped his head. "Sure. I'll be around." he added, drawing himself up on his haunches and resting his front toes lightly on the ground. His white-and-orange pelt gleamed in the sunlight between the canopy. He forgot how nervous he had been around her at first, and now if felt almost comfortable. "I'll try not to mess with any more hawks." he glanced at his wounds, and gave her a last smile before backing away.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:35 pm

~Belaku~
The little bunny giggled at Imbir's little joke, "Please! But you know where I'll be if you need any help," she smiled again, gathering up the herbs she hadn't used as she turned and called a muffled goodbye over her shoulder.

*Takku*
Takku paused, flicking his ears at her words. He faced her again, smirking, "Of course. Where d'you wanna start looking? Got any ideas?" He was glad that she wanted to at least spend a little more time with him--now that he'd talked with her, he realized how much he'd missed just spending time in the presence of others.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:51 pm

c e l e s t e .

Celeste wasn't sure she liked his confidence that seemed too close to arrogance to her. Yet he hadn't done anything to her yet, and he seemed genuinely pleased to have her here. "Oh...I don't care." she flicked her paw out, hesitating. She didn't have an opinion yet, but at the moment it was hard to think because she was still on edge.

i m b i r .

The ginger-and-white rabbit twitched his ears with amusement, and turned. With a last glance over his shoulder at the pretty little doe, Imbir hopped away down the slope. His wound twinged with each spring but it wasn't enough to bother him much, and he knew that it would die down eventually as it healed. He sniffed the air and peeked out into the open, by the stream, then took a few drinks before taking shelter underneath a clump of tasty-looking weeds. Beginning to munch on them, his thoughts wandered around and around but focused on Belaku.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:24 am

~Belaku~
Belaku hopped her way to her little hollow, hauling the little remainder of her herbs with her. With a satisfied breath, the little bunny finally finished sorting her herbs in her little medicine nook. She scrambled into the main area of her hollow, unwrapping some clovers she'd kept in a large leaf to snack on. Snuffling happily, Belaku hummed a tune as she ate, glad that she'd done some good today--and met a good bunny too!

*Takku*
Takku flicked his ears, twitching his nose a few times as he stared at Celeste for a moment. Then, he hopped once, eyes lighting, "Well...let's start this way!" he said as happily and confidently as he could, despite the other bunny's apparent indifference. He jumped along past his tree, leading her near a softly running stream that they might be able to find some future home at.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:54 pm

c e l e s t e .

She followed him with a strong bound, ears twitching as she drew in the sound of running water. As they passed a few patches of brambles she spotted the stream. She enjoyed water; maybe there would be a suitable place along here. Celeste glanced to her companion and moved at a gentler pace, feeling a bit more relaxed now. She was curious, wondering more about him, though her pride wouldn't let her say anything of the subject. She stayed silent behind him.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:16 pm

*Takku*
The rabbit continued along, casting his gaze about for anything that looked like it could serve as a home big enough for two. It was a bit strange looking for a place for anyone more than just himself, but at the same time, he welcomed the change. They went on for several minutes, finding nothing of interest, and the little river was starting to dwindle into little more than a stream when they pushed their way underneath a bush into a secret little miniature clearing, strong vines and branches of bushes creating the walls. A strange, gnarled root twisted about in the middle, reaching up to create a fairly effective roof. Looking up, Takku smiled as he glanced back at his companion. "With a little work, this could be as good as any burrow! We could even create an underground floor by digging, and make it even bigger. I'd say we just need to collect some brush to make the roof better and we could stay here easy!" He turned to his new friend, hoping she felt as good about this location as he did. Though they didn't have a fully fledged river right by them, the stream was still big enough that they could easily drink from there and was food if they wanted. This could really be a very good house, at least he thought so!
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next