Rising Springs Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warriors Story HELP

2 posters

Go down

Warriors Story HELP Empty Warriors Story HELP

Post  Zoketi Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:37 pm

I'm super conflicted. In the process of writing a Warriors-based fanfiction and I got stuck. Because I feel the plot is blehhh. It was supposed to be way after the books. The Clans are having arguments, though, more and more. The warrior code is not supporting things enough. Fights break out weekly (quarter-moon-ly sounds odd) and even inter-Clan there are troubles. Warriors have grown hot-headed and spiteful.

And I was also thinking of throwing in a main focus enemy (someone who was been urging fights on secretly, or putting false accusations, or leading cats to blame each other for trivial reasons.) I feel like the anger thing with the Clans needed to have a base, because it seemed dumb for everyone to just get irked randomly. Anyway, this antagonist will a she-cat of WindClan who is partly insane because of the abuse she suffered as a youngster. And now she despises the Clans. But no one knows, because she is very clever and deceitful. She will actually make it to leadership before the climax of the story.
However I'm not sure how logical all of this is. I just need some advice, I guess. DX

Also, I'm not sure if I should add in a prophecy for the protagonist(s). I have one very main character, a ShadowClan she-cat, but then I might have a WindClan tom, a ThunderClan she-cat, and a tom and a she-cat from RiverClan. As well as the main-est character's mate, from ShadowClan. All main characters that are either part of a prophecy or just make friends with each other to defeat the anger or whatever.

AND I want it to be different. Right now it just seems like, 'shadowclan she-cat is awesome and grows up and falls in love with some nice tom and then they defeat the evil cat and live happily ever after'. But that's so cliche. >.> I fail at plots so help me, pleaseee. <3
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

http://zoketi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Warriors Story HELP Empty Re: Warriors Story HELP

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Mmmm you could make the main character's mate die? Or even make the main character die in the end. I think if you have that many cats doing it, I don't think a prophecy is necessary. Personally. I think maybe it could just be like this rebel group (like a rebel group trying to make an uprising against the cat who's trying to make an uprising xD). You could make part of it being your protagonist trying to gather supporters for her cause, because you need to have at least SOME animosity in there. Maybe you could focus a bit on how devastating the battles are--like kill off some kits or something. Make it heart-wrenching. It's hard to write though, so if you don't wanna be soulless and kill off that many characters, you could totally even do part of it in the antagonist's POV. Personally, I LOVE backstory. I dunno why. And I LOVE crazyness or unstable characters. Even if they're evil I pretty much always love the crazy one. So really figuring out her MEANS and her WAYS and her REASONS for doing this--even if it doesn't make sense to you, you just have to make it make sense to the character. As long as she believes it, the readers will have to as well. Because, well, she's crazy. Amiright?

Also, sounds to me like you need a few character flaws for your protagonist. Fatal flaws are what has the possibility to make the character fail, right? So you need something that's the opposite of what goals and values your character has, something that could destroy what you're trying to achieve. It'll prolly take some trial and error, just figure out what feels right. Figure out what story you're trying to tell, and figure out how you'd teach it. :3 Like Willy Wonka! You have the spoiled brat child and it's teaching you to be humble by putting her in there. Yus! :3

I HOPE THIS HELPS AND I LOVE YOU WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Also, if it's just a fanfiction, you should just make it tell what you like. What I mean is, what are themes of the Warriors series that you love? Fit them in there. :) Make sure it's based on the books--make sure the books shine through. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I do hope this helps. RIBBIT.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:44 pm

It does yes thank you ily omg heeeeeh.

Right, anyway. First off, I also LOVE crazy characters. It is just so much fun to play them! haha. XD They can do insane weird stuff without looking odd, because their whole character is made of ODDNESS. And evil ones are just awesome as well. Because insane + evil = the destructive lunatic. Yes, I was thinking of being a jerk and killing off either the mainy or her mate, but I dunno if I love them too much. However, I will definitely knock down a lot of their close ones (siblings, parents, etc). I always feel sad to erase the characters I make but you can't have a good story without death. Plus I adore writing about bloodshed. Is that bad? Hooray for heart-wrenching misery and soulless cruelty. c;< Oh and I agree; backstory = luff. Aside from miss evil's POV, I have lotsa backstory about the whole Clan. I even got everyone's relationships (mate, kits, siblings, parents) all connected and stuff so I know who can love this, who is sad over this one dying, who likes him, who's mother to this and who cannot mentor her. I go crazy with organization. Oh and I shall be going over some of evil's backstory too, of course--because it's also been bothering me (I can't just have an evil cat I need something to make her evil. Can't be just random. Nonono.) I had the "abusive parent" idea, but idk if that's enough.

Yes. Flaws. Usually I'm good at making flaws, because I hate mary-sues/gary-sues. Like I get enough of them when seeing illiterate people rp. AND GOD IT'S ANNOYING. So I know for one I'm making her be kinda anti-social (not as much as I do when I rp with shy characters...which is all the time lol...) and also a bit cowardly. She will run away from trouble rather than face it, which eventually she'll learn not to do. And she'll be stubborn and proud--ShadowClan traits there. I like to use these [link] and [link] to get personalities, and I try to balance the negative and positive. c:

Heehee <3 it does very much, thank you thank you bestiest. ^^ I'll try to get it seeming like the books as best, though I'll be working on not copying ideas and stuff too of course. XD
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:56 pm

Heehee I'm glad!!!! Ily.....MOAR!!! >: D

And YES YES YES I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i love crazy people :3 And I know, I enjoy bloodshed too muahahahahaaa!!! Like (rant time) one of my favourite animes is one that alot of people have called really bloody but I didn't think it was bloody at all (rant over) so apparently I enjoy bloodshed even though it's heart-wrenching sometimes. It's only human to like things that are bad for us xD And heheh that's good to have that much organization! But is it a fanfic or are you writing a story? Because it seems to me more like a story ;P and in that case I think all that organization is very good! But if it were just a fanfic I'd say that the organization wouldn't matter as much, but usually in fanfics I personally don't enjoy OCs, so that's part of why I assumed it was a story you're writing yourself with not the same characters :)

ANYWAYS I enjoy your flaws :) don't forget your main needs some too ;D for me, personally, I also like listening to music when writing stuff, or it can at least really inspire me. Like right now, for example, I'm listening to King and Lionheart quite loudly and i really wanna write something xD hahaha

YUS so thar. :3 YAY I LOVE YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:28 am

Wait...so what's the difference between a story and a fanfic? I was calling it a fic because it was based on Warriors, and I'd be posting it on fanfiction in chapters and whatever...:\ I read a bunch of Warriors fanfics and they're all OC based--usually none of them have any canon characters in them. But I guess then it's a story...lol I never got the definition because I figured it out through looking and assuming. So I'm wrong then? LOL. X3

Lol those were the main's flaws...did I not say? XD Sorry. Oh and yes! I do sometimes. I get inspiration from music at times, then other times I have to shut it off or it's really bothersome as much as I love it. It just depends I guess.

heeheeh ily MOSTTTT <3
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Oh heeeeeeeee well I guess it depends on your experiences :3 In my experience of fanfictions, it follows this definition: "Fanfiction is when someone takes either the story or characters (or both) of a certain piece of work, whether it be a novel, tv show, movie, etc, and create their own story based on it. Sometimes people will take characters from one movie and put them in another, which is called a cross-over." So i guess in my experience, 'fanfiction' is something that has at least some characters of the basis story or some plotline of the basis story, though sometimes it's an AU where the same characters are in a different world or where they are in the same world but a few major plot points are changed and blaahhhh, and maybe there is an OC, so I guess that's more common with things like Warriors where there are so many cats and stuff and so many places where you could just fit a cat in and it doesn't really affect anything or you could just switch them out because the characters in Warriors are kind of replaceable...so I suppose to me personally, if you're making brand new characters and a whole new plot even though you're getting the foundation, the loose basis, the skeleton--the stuff about Clans, maybe the location, and the fact that it's about cats--from a story, it still qualifies as slightly more separate--more story and less fanfiction--to me ^^; SORRY if it's confusing, and it really doesn't matter, it's all whatever you wanna do because it's still your work! I'm not trying to say NO YOU ARE WRONG THAT'S INCORRECT, or anything!! If it still seems like a fanfiction to you, then make it one! I haven't read any Warriors fanfictions before besides yours, so I'm pulling my experiences from other books/shows, etc. so if you want it to be a fanfic then make it one! Or you could say it's a short-story/fanfic or ANYTHING you can say it's a moose for all I care! Heheh ^^; I didn't mean to confuseeeeee <3

And OHHHHHHHHh I thought those were the baddie's flaws!! xP haha okay! And YUS I love the music! But I know it's annoying like if it's too loud or you're focusing on the music too much because then you have to like struggle not to start writing the lyrics instead of what you're trying to say in the thing!! xD

ily AS MUCH AS BEAR LOVES DAISY <3

WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Haha nope I got it! I'mma just call it a fanfictory. No lol idk. Whatever. Sticking to fanfic right now I guess because I'll be posting it on fanfiction. But I guess it doesn't really matter. XD

Lol yeah! I did that once and was like wait whut this isn't what I was trying to say! :P

<3 aw heehee ilythesame
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down