Rising Springs Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

as long as the trees grow I will be yours forever, [private w/ WWB]

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

as long as the trees grow I will be yours forever, [private w/ WWB] - Page 2 Empty Re: as long as the trees grow I will be yours forever, [private w/ WWB]

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:33 am

*- S h a d o w f e a t h e r -*

Shadowfeather's small smile graced his features again, as he watched Mistwing fall asleep. He stepped a few paces away, just now realizing how low the sun was, striking the clouds with beautiful colours of orange and pink. He sunk to a resting position with his back to Mistwing, laying his head on his midnight paws as he closed his eyes that matched the golden oranges of the sunset. His mind swirled with thoughts of the young she-gryph so close to him, yet so far. He had nightmare after nightmare, horrible bloody scenes of what might've happened to her if he hadn't arrived, or if he hadn't been able to help. She would get strangled by the wire, the barbs puncturing her throat until she gurgled blood. A mountain lion would add to her wounds, stalking her in circles until she died slowly and painfully, only to be ripped and devoured by predator and scavenger. She would lie entangled in the wire, her wounds festering and her hunger and thirst making her ribs visible under a thin bloody pelt. Her beautiful teal eyes would be filled with pain as she rasped out his name, and he would curse himself for not saving her. It became so vivid that for a moment when he woke up, he was deathly afraid of what he would wake to.

[[i didn't really feel like posting more, but just assume that when Mist wakes he'll have food and water waiting for her :3]]
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

as long as the trees grow I will be yours forever, [private w/ WWB] - Page 2 Empty Re: as long as the trees grow I will be yours forever, [private w/ WWB]

Post  Zoketi Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:47 pm

{{ Mistwing }}

It felt like she had been sleeping for eons. The memories of the accident came back and she wanted to pretend that it had not happened at all. It had been like a different life, almost. All the pain and fright. Mistwing shivered, then winced. At least she felt rested--or at least not very tired. It was mostly just the throbbing of her wounds that bothered her now. But they were fainter than the day before--thanks to Shadowfeather. Her aching body shifted and she forced herself up onto her stomach. Now her front paws splayed in front of her and her hind ones curled against her right side. She folded her wings neatly to her body, careful and slow as she drew them in. They had been outstretched all night from the treating, and her being too exhausted to move. She clicked her beak softly as she finished arranging herself. The injuries hurt a little more now, but it would die down once she kept still for a little. The thought frustrated her. She was beginning to get restless.
The she-gryff noticed that there was a full leaf of water nearby, as well as a severed haunch of a deer. Still fresh. Silently thanking Shadowfeather--with a bit of irritation that she owed even more to him--Mistwing scooted closer and lowered her head towards the water. She slurped it up more noisily than usual, due to the throat injury and her tetchy mood. Once her thirst was sated she lifted her head, breathing for a moment. Then she ducked towards the piece of meat. Though she despised feeding off another's kill--one that had been purposely brought to her--she knew it would be stupid to starve herself for pride. So she gorged herself as much as she needed too, until her beak was stained red like it had been yesterday--but without the agony. Mistwing gulped down a last mouthful, and gazed at the remains. Not much was left, but it hadn't been that big of a piece and she had easily filled herself.
She dug her claws into the ground and stared at the sky, wishing she was up there, tossing in the wind and rising on the thermals, rather than stuck injured down here.

[[mmkay c:]]
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

http://zoketi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:34 am

Shadowfeather gratefully lapped up the cool waters of the stream he had flown to--he had just finished hunting down a deer, severing the haunch from the body and bringing it to Mistwing; as well as scavenging as big a leaf as he could find, which he filled with the same refreshing water he drank now. Curling his tongue up to catch any escaping droplets, Shadowfeather stretched out his claws and arched his back, tail curling up. He shook himself, then flew back to the place a few miles away where he'd killed the deer. He'd hidden it well enough and not enough time had passed for other scavengers or lazy predators had found it. The dark gryphon crouched for his breakfast, eating his fill of a shoulder and what was left of the haunches. Deciding on leaving the rest as a welcome surprise to any other meat-eater who came by, he turned again, flaring up his wings to travel back to Mistwing.

When he neared, he could tell that she had eaten a good bit of the meal he had left her and the water from the leaf was gone. He lighted down a meter or two in front of her, then walked briskly over. "How do your wounds fare today, Mistwing?" he asked, bowing his head in respect, "Is there anything you need?"
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:49 pm

{{ Mistwing }}

Her gaze made out a black speck against the blueness of the sky, and she watched as Shadowfeather soared down in her direction. She fixed her teal orbs on him as he dropped to the ground and landed nearby, neatly folding his pitch-dark wings and then moving towards her on foot. Her chin lifted slightly as she tilted her head up, meeting his vibrant golden gaze. "They are much improved; sleep has soothed the aches." she responded honestly, with a slow rustle of her folded wings as if to prove her words. She shook her head carefully. "No, I do not require assistance now." her voice betrayed the feelings of frustration at her situation. Mistwing curled her long tail and let the elegant feathers at the tip swish over her front paws. Her beak had shut and she turned her attention away from the black-feathered male, letting her gaze linger over the grassy meadow. The barbed wire was a couple of yards away, she could see the crunched spot and smell the dried blood and tufts of her own down and broken shafts of feathers that adhered to the deadly fencing. The petite she-gryph twitched her ears and exhaled a soft sigh.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:29 pm

Shadowfeather glanced in the direction of her gaze, spotting the barbed fence. His brow creased in worry slightly. He sniffed slightly at her words, raising his head. "Yes...very well then, I shall await your call." He turned, ruffling his feathers slightly, before looking over his shoulder at her, his great golden eyes glinting in the pale sunlight, "And please do...call. If you need anything. Anything." With the last word, he allowed the hint of a small, chaste smile to appear on his dark features before flicking his head back and trotting a few yards away and behind a small cluster of large rocks in attempts to give Mistwing some privacy, proceeding to settle down and preen his feathers as he realized that he hadn't done so since rescuing the pretty pale she-gryphon.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:12 pm

{{ Mistwing }}

She watched him depart, staring at the rustling grass where he had vanished. The petite female was almost relieved to be alone. She'd been by herself for long enough, and the presence of another of her kind was a startling change that she was not all the way used to. She did not dislike the young male; it was just instinctual for the anti-social she-gryff to prefer her solitude. For now, at least. She outstretched a pale paw and drew her claw through the soft soil, trailing it absentmindedly. Her eyes narrowed as she lifted her head and squinted from the sunlight. Mistwing then got to her paws, wincing slightly. Aching rippled up her legs and through her sides. She ignored it, and took a couple limping steps through the grass, getting used to the feeling of movement. She was normally incredibly patient, but this sort of thing--with the present circumstances, mostly the presence of the black gryphon--made her a little more determined to heal quicker. She knew that she must be careful, for overworking herself would make the healing process even longer. She staggered slowly along, moving in a wide circle through the grassy meadow.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:18 pm

Finishing with his cleaning, the gryphon was suddenly hit by a wave of exhaustion. He hadn't realized how little sleep he'd gotten since finding Mistwing--and now, when she was fairly safely on the mend, he could finally allow himself some rest. He thought for a moment about moving to tell her of his plans to nap, but he changed his mind, figuring that she'd most likely want to be left alone. 'After all,' he mused 'I've surely bothered her enough these past few days, with my hovering'. Tail flicking a few times, Shadowfeather situated himself in a comfortable position and laid his head across his front paws, his body stretched out luxuriously. Sighing with content at the prospect of a nice long nap, the dark gryphon let his mind wander into the realms of sleep.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:21 pm

{{ Mistwing }}

The pale-feathered female began to drag her paws as her circular path grew ever so boring. She'd made a track through the grass where her paws had crushed the grass and patted the soil. Mistwing wasn't quite sure how long she'd been walking, but when she checked the time of day by the sun, she knew she had been at it for an hour or so. Maybe it was a good time to stop. She ducked her head and glanced at her beaten-up body. She doubted she could fly yet, or at least not without a heavy amount of pain. It was frustrating for such an creature to be grounded, when she relied on her wings so much. Still, she would have to deal. Mistwing began to move back towards where she had rested, wondering where her black companion was. He was not present when she returned, so he had probably not come back from his little alcove behind those rocks. Or maybe he'd gone somewhere else. She sniffed at the bloodstains on the ground, half-scrubbed away by movement. With a quiet grumble, the petite gryphon headed towards a taller clump of shrub to settle beneath. She arranged herself beneath the bush, half-closing her eyes. Now the loneliness kicked in.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:13 pm

Shadowfeather dreamed pleasantly as he snoozed, slowly awaking about two hours after he'd dozed off. Blinking contentedly, he gave a mighty yawn, then shook his head to ruffle himself awake as he stood to stretch. His tongue flicked out, realizing how thirsty he was.'I ought to check on Mistwing before I take off somewhere,' he thought to himself, as he stepped out from behind his rocks towards where Mistwing was. He noticed that she was not in her usual place, and that there was an obvious circle of pressed-down grasses nearby. She'd been walking, exercising her muscles after they had been abused for so long. He sniffed, his keen eyes searching the nearby area for her telltale grey pelt. He spotted her soon enough, nestled in a clump of tall grasses. He walked over slowly, hoping he wasn't invading on her privacy at all. "Er..ex-excuse me...Mistwing...?" he called softly, not wanting to wake her if she too was sleeping.

Last edited by WalkingWithBarefeet on Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:09 am

{{ Mistwing }}

A soft voice intruded into her thoughts. Blinking them away, she lifted her head a little and gazed upwards, spotting a dark-feathered face between the grasses. She watched him for a moment. "Yes, Shadowfeather?" she answered softly. In her mind it was odd to hear his stammers, while her voice was cool and clear. She felt sort of...devoid...at the moment. Sort of careless. Maybe she was just tired. Mistwing pricked up her feathery ear tufts, arranging her front paws in front of her.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:32 pm

Shadowfeather's ears twitched at her reply, "I was wondering if you needed anything, as I was about to set out to look for some water. And well..." he paused, feeling a bit awkward, averting his gaze to the ground, "I...I hope I  haven't bothered you...with..my behaviour...." he looked up now, looked for her eyes, "I assure you, I've merely been worried about your wellbeing. I wish nothing more but for you to heal well and swiftly."
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:49 pm

{{ Mistwing }}

Mistwing regarded him with her deep teal gaze. She shook her head ever so slightly. "I am alright at the moment." she replied quietly, lowering her head a little so she was looking at him in an upwards direction. "Not at all. That's very kind of you, I-I appreciate it." There, the stammers were back. She scratched a paw lightly on the dust in front of her. Her gaze met his and she held it for a moment, before she had to duck her head.

{{sorry blah no muse for this ;n; }}
{{I kinda want them to go to those bar-party-weird things that we had when we actually played as them... XD maybe we should time-skip to her healed soon.}}
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 pm

{{it's fine, I have like no muse for it either -_-; but okay, those were fun! :DAlright, let's time skip to a few months later, where they're a bit more friends (remember our little gauge? xD Should they be in the like-mode-but-doesnt-know-if-the-other-likes-back-and-too-shy-to-find-out ?? xD) and idk who should've suggested it...maybe Mist? Or prolly Sha? Maybe they'd both just heard about it. Either way, they can be flying there now. :3 }}

alieutbgatetc SUPER MEGA ULTRA TIME SKIP alieutbgatetc

Shadowfeather smiled widely back at Mistwing, banking to the side a bit so he could drift back to fly next to her but a bit below her. "This should be an enjoyable occasion!" he called over the wind, "I've heard many positive remarks about this event!" he smiled at her again, happy they'd finished strength training her now that she'd healed, so she could fly decent distances again. It hadn't taken much, as she was very strong-willed and already pretty capable, but they'd done some just to make sure the journey wouldn't totally tire her out. As always, he admired how the late sunlight sparkled and set a beautiful orange hue to her silvery feathers, making her teal eyes shine brilliantly when she looked at him. He felt his face get a little hot, but he did his best to ignore it. He was just happy that she'd been willing to stay together after she'd healed--he was so terrified that she would want to leave, that they'd be alone again. He had to show her that he wanted her to stay too--but he figured he did that pretty well, as he constantly was trying to make her smile or laugh, sometimes at his own expense, he grudgingly admitted with a small smile.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:17 pm

{{ Mistwing }}

It had been wonderful to take to the air again, and now that she was pretty much completely healed, flying was back on her usual schedule. She lifted her chin up and let the air tousle her feathers as she flapped along. Her gaze followed the dark gryphon as he dropped back to soar beside her, ears flicking at his words. "Have you been to one before?" she asked, projecting her voice louder than normal to get it through the rushing air. Her teal gaze fixed on Shadowfeather, with his gleaming black feathers that reflected the golden light of the setting sun. She tried not to think about it, as it was very much a distraction. Mistwing faced forwards again, getting back into control of her flight.

{{XD yeah lol hahah. miss those games. and lol, probably Sha, hah.}}
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:02 pm

The male gryphon flapped his wings a few times, keeping altitude, as he glanced ahead to make sure he wasn't going to crash into a tree before looking back at Mistwing. If he was being honest, he'd had far too many close-calls with trees while flying with her. It was a side-effect of having her around--getting distracted on a fairly regular basis--but it was a hazard that he would gladly deal with if it meant seeing her. He twitched his ears, regarding her question, before answering, "Uh...once, a few years ago, when I was a young maturing gryphon. I've heard that it's gotten fairly popular since then so...there may be...a bit of a crowd..." he hesitated, knowing how Mistwing didn't enjoy crowded areas, "But don't worry! I'm sure we can find spots that are more secluded!" he called in attempts to reassure her, forcing himself not to think about being in a 'secluded' area with her. 'Why are you so anxious? You've been alone with her for these past few months, nearly the whole time. There's nothing to be fired up about,' he refused to admit his real source of anxiety. As he knew a few of the gryphons that might be there, he knew what others would think if they saw him come with his only company being a pretty young gryphon his age. He was worried what others would say to him, especially around her, if they managed to find him. He was dreading the teasing that would inevitably come, the well-meant small talk that would pair them up as a couple even though they weren't one, only resulting in embarrassment. He knew that it would all be worth it--any harm to himself was worth spending time with Mistwing--but he hoped that she would not be offended by what others might lightly think or teasingly say.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:04 pm

{{ Mistwing }}

She flicked her ear tufts slightly as she listened. The wind was loud up here, but she was used to it by now of course. At the male's words she swished her tail, making her flight wobble slightly. Crowds. Well, she wasn't that pleased with that, but she had pretty much expected it. If it was some sort a party--well the whole idea of that was to be social. But she thought it would be fun anyhow, even if she didn't jump straight into the action. It would be good to see others of her kind again too. "Yes, that would be good." she murmured, nearly forgetting to raise her voice for a moment. She soared beside him, pushing aside the prickling anxiety that flooded through her. She slowed a little to let Shadowfeather lead, as she didn't really know where they were going.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:48 am

Shadowfeather gave a small smile in her direction, before turning back and leading them the rest of the way to the site. They flew through a hold in a humongous mountain wall, a sort of gorge that was, at the widest parts, a few meters larger than an average gryphon's wingspan. Shadowfeather closed his wings a bit as they went inside, slightly flapping them to slow to a stop. The opening had led to the beginnings of a tunnel that was well-lit with bright cyan and turquoise crystals that seemed to capture the light of the sun and the moon and send it sparkling out in beautiful, gentle waves. He smiled at them--they were always his favourite part. They came in all colours of the world, and he loved the subtle beauty of them. He watched as Mistwing performed the tricky entrance, glancing behind him as a tunnel went further into the mountain, a few splashes of colour visible from the crystals that lit the way. He could faintly hear the sounds of other creatures having a merry old time further in. "There will probably be a couple of gryphon guards right before the entrance to the area itself...j-just to make sure no troublemakers get in. There's no fights or anything like that!" He assured her, adding "usually," under his breath. His nerves were reaching a high so far, and he struggled to stamp them out.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:52 pm

{{ Mistwing }}

The she-gryphon hid her anxiety. She was determined to have a good time, and show her friend that she would like it. Couldn't be too hard, so she hoped. In all honesty she was excited, but her nervousness was was just as overpowering. She slowed her wings and admired the majesty of the land structures as they dipped down to towards the gap. It seemed a good location for such an event, and she was curious to see more of it, if just for the views. She fluttered down, following Shadowfeather into the opening, her narrow wings able to get through with little difficulty. It was good to be small sometimes. She let out a soft, hardly-audible gasp at the visions awaiting. The gems that speckled the walls were a glorious sight. She lowered herself and then gently touched down on the smooth stone floor, folding her wings close to her body. The colors scattered across her pale feathers, reflecting a rainbow of light. They flecked over Shadowfeather's darkness, creating a shiny, iridescent gleam. She tore her gaze from him and trotted a little to catch up, letting her teal eyes admire the glowing cave. The sounds of laughter and noise echoed from ahead, and she clacked her beak subconsciously. "I don't mind fights." she murmured, half to herself. She twitched her ear-tufts and padded alongside the larger gryphon, poised and stoic.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:58 pm

Shadowfeather came to the single gryphon guard, a large golden male with a scar across his left eyelid. He stood with power and intimidation, but as soon as he recognized Shadowfeather he let out a great guffaw, "Shadow, my boy!" he chortled, reaching out a great wing to almost entirely envelop the smaller, younger gryphon, "Eh, y-yes, hullo Sunny," he answered over the elder gryphon's deep yellow wing-feathers. "It's been ages! How are you doing, lad?" the large male asked cheerfully, but just then he seemed to spot Mistwing hovering nearby, "And it seems you've made a lady-friend! She's a right beauty, eh Shadowfeather," he shook his wing, shaking the young dark gryphon about good-naturedly, "you'd best be sure to keep her!" he let out another great laugh, as Shadowfeather tried to call over the jostling, "W-we're not, it's not l-like th-that, Sunblaze, we're merely f-friends!" Sunny finally withdrew his wing, revealing a severely shaken and stumbling Shadowfeather, some of his feathers sticking up in odd directions. If he could have seen himself, he would have either laughed his head off or hidden his face in embarrassment. "Yes, well--" he began, but Sunblaze clapped him on the shoulder with a huge paw and winked at Shadowfeather, "Go on in, my boy," he smiled widely, waving his wing to let them pass. As they stepped through into the short corridor, the golden gryphon called out, "And you two have a great time!" in a tone that only made Shadowfeather more convinced that this had been the worst idea he'd ever had. He shook his head, trying to right his feathers (which were still quite messy, but it helped a bit) as he stepped slowly ahead, ignoring the smaller passageways that swerved off of the main corridor into the more private areas, "Sorry...sorry about that," he began, not looking at Mistwing, "He's a bit...well, you know..." he muttered, just waiting for her to say she wanted to leave. "Just let me know, if you want to find a quieter place or...if you want to leave or something..." he mumbled, barely able to be heard above the noise of singing and laughter that was getting louder with every step.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:48 am

{{ Mistwing }}

She halted, uncertain, as the massive golden male appeared before them, sturdy and a great deal older than the Shadowfeather or Mistwing. He had a noticeable scar on his face, but many more over his whole body. She did not take much note--she had her own, too. Especially the still-visible marks from the barbed wire incident. She stepped back as the larger gryphon stretched out a wing and pulled her dark-feathered companion to him. It was obvious they knew each other. Feeling a little like a third wheel as they reacquainted, Mistwing shifted her front claws and shuffled her wings, trying not to appear apprehensive. She was slightly startled when she was mentioned by the hefty he-gryff, and his words made her ear tips burn. She hadn't ever been complimented so...outright before. It was a little strange, but she felt faint pleasure too--as anyone might, while being praised. When she could at last see Shadowfeather--a bit of a ruffled mess as he emerged from the sunny wing--she hoped they could move on. Still, at least the first face she'd seen had been friendly and well-meant. Perhaps too well-meant. She couldn't help the blood rushing too her cheeks again. With relief she tagged after Shadowfeather, giving Sunblaze a quick, polite smile that seemed rather forced, and trotted along behind her friend, keeping rather close. The guard's parting words had made her more nervous, if that was possible. Shadowfeather seemed rather shaken, too, as if he wasn't quite sure what he was doing here. Finding her voice, she moved to walk next to him, "I'm not going to leave without seeing anything." she assured him, hiding the anxiety. "Just...lead on. I'm fine." The once-distant roar of noise was increasing in volume, and she could almost feel her apprehension rise along with it.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:24 pm

{{blargh this post is gonna be a bit more generic ^^;}}

Shadowfeather and Mistwing eventually found their way to the crowd, about seventy gryphons in the main, large area, all milling about talking, eating, or dancing. There was a small group on a little raised stage that had the glowing crystals about it, singing and playing drums or stringed instruments made out of cleaned animal hides and sinews. The sound was nice and upbeat, one of the main things he'd missed about these gatherings. The music. There was even an area where drinks were being served, some water mixed with the juices of various plants and berries, some a bit stronger. Gryphons of all shapes and colours were singing along with the vocalist, all having a merry time. It was a bit dark, but the beautiful crystals added a bright and almost unreal shade to the atmosphere. Shadowfeather was spoken to by a few other gryphons at first, with the talk mostly going along the same lines as the greeting with Sunblaze had gone, albeit a few of them were a bit less rambunctious. Eventually, it seemed that everyone who knew Shadowfeather had already greeted him, and he and Mistwing were left mostly to their own devices. Shadowfeather had taken the opportunity of the drink area being a bit less crowded when a well-known tune was playing to grab drinks for himself and Mistwing, seated at the nearly-empty stone and long lounge chairs on the end of the cavern. "Ah, so," he began, raising his voice a bit over the jovial noise, "what do you think so far? Are there any activities you fancy participating in? Or would you prefer to take our leave?" She seemed to have been taking it all in fairly well, especially for how much he knew she wasn't accustomed to large crowds. He wanted to give her as many options as he could, so she would feel as comfortable as possible with the circumstances.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:11 am

{{ Mistwing }}

At the sight of the crowd she nearly halted, daunted by the atmosphere of excitement and loudness and chatter. The music was good--she had not heard such before. The only music was the songs of the birds and the ripples of water in the forest. This was interesting...it was nice and different. She found herself drawn to watching the musicians for moments at a time, as Shadowfeather was greeted by other gryphons. She was surprised by how many he knew. Or perhaps she was just the odd one, not knowing a single soul here--that she was aware of so far. She kept to the background as he returned hellos and talked, trying to focus on keeping calm and not drawing attention to herself. The energy the place held was astounding. She felt like it was forcing her to jump and dance. She kept the silly thoughts to herself. It was a relief to escape to the side, not bothered by anyone. She wrapped her claws around the ragged stone cup and sniffed at the contents, but did not yet drink. She wasn't sure she would be able to hold it down if she did. But, she felt better after getting the shock and entrance over with. In fact, it was almost nice to sit here and enjoy the music. She almost liked the sense of happiness that the room held.  Mistwing turned her eyes towards the male next to her, shifting her paws close to her body. "Oh...no. Let's stay for a bit, at least. It's not so bad." she didn't want to disappoint him. And, she was being honest. It was okay. She wanted to get used to it. And perhaps they could enjoy themselves here. She found herself unable to make eye contact any longer and turned away, blushing. She focused on her drink and then bent to dip her beak in and sip. It was sharp and tasted like sizzling and reminded her of licking ice. It was elderberries, she thought. It was good.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Shadowfeather accepted her words, leaving her alone to herself as he sipped his pomegranate mix and watched the goings on, amusing himself with watching other's dancing and laughing, or sat enraptured by the skilled musicians on stage. He even sometimes watched Mistwing, a small smile gracing his features. He was glad she'd come. Maybe this hadn't been such a bad idea, after all. She didn't seem fazed by all of the other gryphons' words, and she might even be enjoying herself. At least, judging by her words, she in fact was. He felt happy and warm, but he wasn't sure if it was because of the energy or the drink, or something else. He was content to sit there, enjoying the moment with somegryphon who mattered to him. It was nice to be around someone and both be perfectly content with silences between them without expectations of constant chatter that meant nothing.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:32 pm

{{ Mistwing }}

She licked the edges of her beak, her tongue feeling somewhat thick. Perhaps she ought not to partake too much of the drink--obviously it would lead to drunkenness. It bubbled in her, keeping her alive and warm. She pushed her cup away with a delicate claw--though she'd only had a few sips. Her gaze returned to Shadowfeather, and she found herself admiring him more than she usually did. It frightened her a bit. It was the party atmosphere, invigorating her. She drew in a silent breath and watched the dancing and enjoyment happening everywhere. She almost wanted to get up and explore. Maybe she would ask her friend. Her claws hind paws shifted a bit as she tilted her head back towards the sleek dark-feathered gryphon. "Care to walk with me?" she asked shyly, feeling brave.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:42 pm

{{awwwwwwwwww Mist is so cuteeeeee~~ xDDD <3 }}

Shadowfeather blinked in surprise as a voice questioned him. It seemed stronger than before, so he almost didn't recognize it was Mistwing. He took a quick lap of his drink and then pushed it back, nodding, as he lowered himself from his seat. He watched her. She seemed to be gaining confidence quite quickly. 'Remarkable. She's quite different than the gryphon who got caught in the wire, or the gryphon who came in here with all that apprehension. There is quite a lot of puzzle pieces to her,' he smiled, wanting to know more about her. She was just so intriguing! So different from every other gryphon he'd met! Then again, he hadn't met many females before, especially never for any extended period of time, but he felt that there was no female like her in all the world over.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next