Rising Springs Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

as long as the trees grow I will be yours forever, [private w/ WWB]

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

as long as the trees grow I will be yours forever, [private w/ WWB] Empty as long as the trees grow I will be yours forever, [private w/ WWB]

Post  Zoketi Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:12 pm

{{ Mistwing }}
The faint sound of a trickling brook drifted through the quiet, still forest air. It sent a hope through her mind, making her parched tongue flick against the insides of her beak. She drew in the scents with a cautious expression, her deep green-blue eyes searching the path ahead. Unfamiliar terrain. She was simply wandering. The pale she-gryff lowered her head and weaved through the forest, her long, thick-tipped tail swishing behind her. Mistwing kept her steps silent; she could never be too careful. This forest could be home to dangerous things. Or prey that she might not want to startle. Within a few minutes she reached the stream. Gentle and bubbling, it was a fine solution to her thirst. Pleased she lowered her head and gulped down a few mouthfuls of the soothing liquid. Her claws crunched softly on the pebbles of the bank, and she saw flickering movements of salamanders fleeing. Mistwing blinked down at them, then lifted her head and peered around, studying the new environment.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

http://zoketi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

as long as the trees grow I will be yours forever, [private w/ WWB] Empty Re: as long as the trees grow I will be yours forever, [private w/ WWB]

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:40 pm

*- S h a d o w f e a t h e r -*

The young gryphon blinked his determined, sunset-coloured eyes as he dipped his left wing, banking to the side to avoid a high-reaching treetop. The wind pulled at his feathers as he pushed himself to his limits, ignoring the fatigue that threatened to creep into his muscles. He'd been training for a few hours now, since before dawn, and he was set on beating his speed and strength record. Glaring against the wind, he pumped his wings with a few more powerful strokes, sending him careening past his tree marker, striking a claw against it on his way. He slowed as swiftly as possible, turning in a tight semi-circle to make a running landing beside the tree. He zeroed his fantastic eyesight in on the mark he'd just made--it was far deeper than the others he'd done, leading him to know that he'd been flying faster and put more force behind his strike than his previous runs. His claw ached from the training, though, and he decided it'd probably be a good idea to rest up and bask in his victory before he ended up ripping his claw out in a tree trunk. Again.

With a contented sigh, he panted his way to a nearby river, gulping large mouthfuls of the refreshing liquid, even splashing a bit of it on his back and dunking his face a bit to cool himself down. He then padded a few steps away, where he'd buried breakfast earlier nearby the riverbed. Digging out his two plump water vole, one squirrel, and three mice, the young dark gryphon shifted his night-shaded feathers comfortably before settling down to a fulfilling meal.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

as long as the trees grow I will be yours forever, [private w/ WWB] Empty Re: as long as the trees grow I will be yours forever, [private w/ WWB]

Post  Zoketi Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:38 pm

{ aheeh love your starting post. -slaps self for making mine so short- I was feeling un-typy, I guess. LOL. But your post has granted me inspiration! -sparkle eyes- }

{{ Mistwing }}

The stillness of the forest was marred slightly. The silvery-hued gryphon tilted her head, the decorative ear tufts on her head tuning in the sounds with quick twitches. Further downstream, something was upsetting the usual trickle of water. Curious, but wary, the she-gryff scanned the forest. However, the thick undergrowth and close-growing trees made it impossible to see beyond a few yards. It was probably a deer, or some other prey, taking a drink. She decided not to bother with it, especially once the noise faded and the forest grew quiet again. Peace, just as she preferred. Having sated her thirst, Mistwing took a few steps back from the stream bank and swiveled her head back to nibble at her the feathers covering her shoulder. She wasn't doing a full preening--that was rare for her--but simply cleaning a small patch. There was actually a thick scar beneath the silver-hued down, running down her shoulder for a few inches. The covering was still thin and the half-healed skin showed faintly beneath the feathers. Mistwing had run into a cougar that had been trying to steal a kill she had made, and the two had fought. (It had been a bad idea, for her strength was limited and even though gryphons were larger than mountain lions, Mistwing's undersized build had made it difficult.) She had sent it off with a couple of nasty scratches, though she herself had received some in turn. That hadn't been an easy day--the shoulder wound had made movement limited (as the shoulder muscles were needed for both ground-travel and flight) and she had already been in a foul mood from the cougar's attack.

That had been about a month ago, and she still bore the wound. It was a permanent scar, of course. She didn't mind--in fact she was a little proud to display the harshness of life on her pelt. The cougar's strike was the worst mark so far, though she had a few smaller ones here and there. Even one across her right eye, which gave her a bit of an unattractive squint sometimes. Again, she didn't care. Mistwing let out a soft snuffle and turned her head forwards again. A thick tree caught her attention, on the far side of the river. The pale-colored gryphon walked forwards and waded into the shallows. About a five or so feet across at this point, it wasn't hard, but it did dip down surprisingly deep in the center. Nearly three feet deep--a few inches past to Mistwing's stomach. Often her short stature was a nice and useful advantage, but times like this it wasn't. She'd have wet belly feathers now. At least she didn't mind the water much. She pulled herself out on the opposite side and gave her lower self a quick shake. Most of the feathers on her front-half shed the liquid easily, though the fur on her rear was thick and long and held water. She scrabbled her front claws on the grassy bank and then moved towards the shade. Mistwing turned herself and moved against the side of a tree. She scraped her pelt against the bark, feeling the itch die away with satisfaction.

Then she faced the tree that had brought her across the river: a huge, sturdy pine tree that looked able to bear her wait. However difficult and unusual, she was an avid tree climber. After a quick but careful study, Mistwing sprang upwards and hooked her claws into the smooth bark. Coniferous trees were always harder, with the lack of ridged bark. She swiftly pulled herself onto the first branch before her weight could take her back down. Balancing for a moment, she took a look around at her new height. Barely five feet off the ground. She jumped onto a higher limb, then another, and another. Before long she was in the topmost branches--at least where it could still support her weight. Pleased with her success, she paused for breath and relaxation. It was a lovely view from here. Though she adored flying, it was enjoyable to be high without the constant pumping of wings. She knew that she could have flown up here, too, but it was the act of climbing that made it so much more satisfying and fun. There was no challenged if she had just flown. Mistwing surveyed the leafy ground with brilliant teal eyes. To her utmost surprise, she discovered a darker patch of shadow on the ground, further downstream. Using her keen hawk-like vision she realized it wasn't a shadow, but a dark-colored grpyhon. Completely unexpected. Mistwing had to steady herself with her long, thick tail and lower her head so as not to slip off her perch. She frowned down at the stranger, and wondered if he--for she could now catch his scent and recognize the male odor--would look up and spot her. For her pale silvery feathers and fur would stand out against the deep greens and dark grey-browns of the forest.'

{ oops that was way longer than I thought ^^" }

Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:23 am

{heehee it's okay! :DI'm glad I could help! Though I honestly didn't like my first post ^^; but at least one of us did hah! }

Shadowfeather licked the remains of his meal from his beak, getting to his paws and giving a luxurious stretch, tail flicking and wings reaching. Ruffling his shining dark feathers, the male stepped once more towards the water. However, just as he was stepping near to get a drink and wash down his last bite of vole, his paw slipped on a slimy rock and with a surprised cry he crashed head-first into the water, the rest of his body scrambling after as he tried to pull himself back and only ended up slipping all the more. Spluttering and gasping, the gryphon stood, looking at himself and realizing he was now dripping wet. He didn't particularly enjoy getting wet when he wasn't expecting to. However, it wasn't his way to be upset. Instead, the gryphon let out amused laughter, his low resonant voice echoing through the trees as he expressed his mirth at his own fumble.

Shaking his head at his dripping feathers, he stepped gingerly out of the river, "I suppose I did need a bath," he chuckled, lazily shaking out his feathers. The water slid off his longer wing feathers and went flying into the air as it shined in the sun, but the feathers nearer to his fur liked to hold moisture, so he was still quite wet all over his lithe body. With a sigh, he flicked his claws in and out as he absent-mindedly kneaded the ground, surveying the forest with no real intent in mind. He didn't really have much to do. He had no friends here, he'd honestly been lonely for quite a while. Some solitude he enjoyed, but there did get a point where he longed for someone to greet him when he came home, someone to share food with him when he'd felled prey, someone to fly with. Blinking somewhat sadly as his mind wandered, Shadowfeather's eyes slipped towards the skies. He figured he may as well air-dry his feathers with some quick flying, so he flared his wings, steered towards a nearby tree, and raced for it, jumping and running up it as he flapped his obsidian wings to gain more altitude. The gryphon's paws soon lifted from the tree, and he soared parallel to it into the sky. However, just as he was reaching the treetops, he spotted a flash of silvery grey in his peripheral vision, and he turned to see what it was as he continued his ascent. His eyes widened as he realized it was a gryphon, perched in the tree just a few away from his, and his brain was still reeling from this as he zoomed right past her.

Once he'd gotten hold of his thoughts, the male gryphon strained his wings to retrace his flight, going to hover a few feet in front of the she-gryphon. He blinked at her with surprise, letting an inviting yet slightly shy smile take form.

"Why hello, miss," he dipped his head courteously, "may I be so bold as to ask what a young female like yourself is doing out here all alone?" He blinked calmly at her, noting her shining silvery feathers and her brilliant teal eyes. She really was quite a beautiful young gryphon, he noted with admiration, and now that he was near he also couldn't help but notice that her scent was an amazing smell of pine forests and an intoxicating floral scent that was quite comforting.

{heeee hope you don't mind, I'm changing his personality JUST a bit in this. I like to switch it up sometimes...plus I honestly don't really know what his personality even is ^^; so he's gonna be a little gentleman! And he'll be a bit of a flirt too haha but in an adorable and slightly formal way :3 yay! Is that okay?}

Last edited by WalkingWithBarefeet on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:17 am

{ <3 ily lol that's fine! and heehee he is so nice! d'aww. gosh I miss playing them.
omg I'm up way too late, but what the heck it's the fouth of July. We didn't get to go and see fireworks, but my dad and mom and I did get a bonfire going (Maa's with a friend on a short vacation with them). we played with some sparklers and did get to see a few fireworks above the treetops from some people in the distance. however, Crusty was NOT pleased. poor boy was circling and circling in his stall. he hates loud noises. :c my mom and I had to be there to comfort him at times. which is also why I'm up so late...darn people shooting fireworks at midnight...when some want to sleep. and not have to deal with a panicky neigh. >.> }

{{ Mistwing }}

Her curiosity kept her gaze trained on the he-gryphon's night-colored form. It had been years she she had last seen another of her kind--it seemed they were becoming sparser these days. In fact the last one she had set eyes on had been one of her hatchmates. It felt like such a long time ago. She almost felt bad for secluding herself so much--often there were groups of gryphons here and there--but she definitely preferred solitude over groups. Besides, the peace had given her much time for her thoughts, the whirling of her mind that she so valued. Yet now, after being separate for some time, Mistwing felt a strong pull to greet whomever this was. Simply to breath in the familiar scent of another master-of-the-skies.  She tried not to stare too hard. Part of her wanted to descend and meet him, but her anti-social half forced her to stay put. So she simply gazed at him.

He slipped, and the fumble made a flicker of a smile dance across her beak. Mistwing watched him disregard his mistake, churring with amusement. She appreciated that he could enjoy his own failures. Her claws gripped the tree branch as a slight gust of wind rocked the boughs, and she noted that if she slipped out it would be a lot more painful then falling into water. She wasn't sure if she would be able to open her wings in time enough to catch herself. If not, the matter would turn serious and ugly fast. Therefore she executed caution while perching: body low and close to the branch, claws tight and tail waving to balance. She watched the gryphon move, spread his wings, and take off towards a nearby tree. His flight skills were excellent, in her opinion. She couldn't help but watch intently as he skimmed up the side of the trunk, and swooped vertically until he reached the open sky. Mistwing thought herself to be a very good flyer...but he was a little better perhaps. It took her a little to unbend her pride enough to allow herself that thought.

Mistwing felt the rush of air as he flew past her, and she clenched the limb with ever-tighter talons. He had seen her! His wide-eyed golden gaze had flared with surprise, and she had been looking right back at him, a bit startled he had come so close. She saw him flare out his wings to halt in midair, and was taken back as he headed towards her. Had he noticed her staring? He spoke, and for a moment she couldn't even process his words. Suddenly too shy, she tried to take a step back on the branch but nearly slipped off. One foot dangling, she struggled to gain her balance. Once it was restored, she avoided his gaze, embarrassment flooding her and making her ear tips burn. "G-greetings.." she stammered out, despising her awkward, quiet voice. A little frown appeared on her muzzle as she recalled his statement, "None of your business." she snapped back, flaring up--though she wasn't angry at him, not at all. Mistwing tended to sound disgruntled because she was frustrated with herself and how hard it was for her to interact with someone--the near-fall and the tremor in her voice obvious proof. "You're alone, too, aren't you?" she guessed, swooping her tail to steady her. Teal eyes gazed sharply up at him, pretending she had never shown fear--it was another thing she hated to do in front of others.

{ Mist don't be such a jerk. >:c }

Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:07 pm

{Yays I'm glad you like him!! :3 Me tooooooo... :/ </3
Oh wow that sucks! :(Poor Crustyyy <3 Kinda sucks that you didn't get to do more, but I can see why..meaner people making you stay up so late cuz of poor neighs scared of fireworks :/ We did some stuff, but we didn't get to do a whole lot--like those spinners we use for grand finales, we didn't do--because it was raining :/ alot too sometimes, sometimes it would be pouring and then for a few minutes it would die down but then it'd rain again. We still did some stuff though. My brother and his friend were here, and his friend used my slingshot and fired like firecrackers and groundblooms (the ones that you throw on the road and they spin with the changing colours) along the road and twas quite amusing xD But I missed you :(Lots...}
{VV short post is short >.>;}

He instinctively floated closer as he saw her slip, intending to help, but her cutting words sent him back again.  He cocked his head slightly, brows furrowing as he tried to unravel this latest puzzle of this pretty young gryphon who was teetering in a treetop. He simply stared into her eyes for a moment, his mind heavy with confused thought. He shook his head as if to clear it, dipping his head once more, "I apologize for my prying. My intention was only to express concern, but I can see it is not wanted." He lifted his head now, his easy wing flaps keeping him aloft as he glided slightly further from her, in an attempt to stop his air drafts from causing her any more trouble on her perch.

"However, in answer to your question..." his eyes dropped again, and in afterthought he hoped he had not seemed rude for his lapse in emotional self-control, so he turned slightly, preparing to bid her goodbye as freed her from his presence.
"Yes...I am very much alone."
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:11 pm

{ Mhmm >: awh I miss you...those were such good times. And aww raining XD Lol it's been rainy all week--thundery too--but it didn't actually rain last night. I guess it might have been thundering a bit, but there were so many distant booms I couldn't tell which were fireworks and which were thunder. XD
it okay <3 quality over quantity c; AND DON'T SAY YOURS DOESN'T HAVE QUALITY BECAUSE IT DOES. IT IS BEAUTIFUL. IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVE IT. }

{{ Mistwing }}

His replies were not what she wanted to hear, but they didn't surprise her. No, it is not wanted! Her thoughts confirmed his words. Her eyes narrowed as he drifted further from her, and the wind of his wingbeats lessened against her feathers. She hooked her front claws deep into the bark, forgetting she was scarring the tree. As she watched the dark-feathered gryphon a flicker of guilt wormed its way into her mind. She hadn't meant to get off on a bad start--again, anger at herself swelled beneath her skin. This was why she avoided conversing. If only he had gone past her, ignored her. But being in a tree was a little different, and she knew it had only drawn attention to herself. Sometimes she understood that by being so separate yet acting the way she was only got more looks when she came across others, as rare as it was. In truth she wanted some attention--having been the shy, anti-social creature all her life. And here she was, pushing another away.

Mistwing also lowered her gaze. So he too was alone. Well, it was a bit of a comfort. She supposed he'd leave now, and half of her was grateful. And half of her was not. Struggling to find her confidence, she jerked her head up and faced him. "Wait." she hissed out, her voice neither angry nor happy. "Tell me your name, please." At least she would have something to recall another gryphon by. Not that she would ever see him again. Her striking teal eyes searched his face with a mixture of wariness and curiosity. She guessed that he would ask for her name in reply, of course. Her confused feelings were raging along in her mind, making it hard to concentrate.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:14 pm

{That's a good saying. And okay okay!! ^^; Hah thanks! Lol ily!! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. NEVER FORGET THAT.}

Shadowfeather paused just as he was about to thrust his wings and leave the small gryphon to her own devices. Her small voice stopped him, and for a moment he would have fallen if he hadn't remembered the need to pump his wings and stay aloft. He turned slightly and looked to his side at her, his bright sunset eyes shining between pitch black wingbeats. "You may call me Shadowfeather," he introduced himself, "May I have the pleasure of knowing your name, young miss?" He hoped this question would not get him another retort, but he would like to know the name of this pretty young gryphon--especially since she'd been the first one of his kind he'd seen in many a moon.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:31 pm

{ YOU ARE TOOO. <3 }

{{ Mistwing }}

She eyed his feathers, seeing how well his name fit him. Shadowfeather. She blinked warily, then inclined her head ever so slightly. "My name is Mistwing." she replied smoothly, with no ragged stuttering nor any sharp irritation. She kept her gaze trained on him, waiting for him to swerve away and leave her in peace. Yet somehow she wished he wouldn't...but there was no sensible way of asking him not to. They had no connections, and her earlier rudeness probably made him want to leave, anyway. At least he was so polite. She appreciated that, especially after her not-so-nice replies. She flared out her wings a bit for balance as another soft gust of wind blew through the trees. She had nothing more to say, nothing worth saying, so she ducked her head slightly and took a retreating step on her branch.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:20 pm

{NOT AS MUCH AS YOU, MY LOVELY BESTIE!}

The male gryphon nodded slightly, staring at her a moment more in a vain attempt to memorize her appearance with the name. Mistwing. "It suits you well," he gave her one last adorable smile, then upon seeing her slight retreat, he spoke his goodbye as he flapped his wings to gain a little altitude before thrusting them once powerfully, sending him shooting upwards, and as soon as he began to slow he changed direction and pumped his wings again, flying away from the young silvery gryphon in the trees. It would probably look like quite the fast getaway from below, but he was in fact flying much slower than he usually did as he fought the temptation to look back at her. He could feel his final, quiet words to her hanging behind him, ringing in his mind like a lonely bell.
"Farewell, Mistwing...I do hope I shall have the pleasure of seeing you again someday."
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:24 pm

{ c:< }

{{ Mistwing }}

Mistwing was going to give a thank-you but her throat couldn't squeeze the words past. She watched in silence as the night-black gryphon soared away, feeling a strange sense of regret that was hard to pinpoint. Exhaling softly, she tore her gaze from his dark shape as it vanished towards the horizon above the trees. A gust swirled past again, but she seemed to hear the faintest whispers...her name, almost. She kept still until the breeze died down, eyes half-closed. When the leaves quieted, she unhooked her claws and straightened, balancing carefully on the limb. Then she unfolded her silvery wings and pushed off with her hind paws. She soared upwards, barely clearing the top of the tree ahead, and flapped to gain height. She could no longer see Shadowfeather, and chided herself for even looking. She spiraled around for a moment, hovering above the canopy, then began to descend. She wasn't planning on travel right now. Mistwing dove gently between the highest branches down to the forest floor. Her landing was neat and practiced, skidding a bit on the leaves but with no major bumps. She trotted a few paces then halted, furling her wings against her side and peering around the undergrowth. The stream was nearby, she could hear it trickling. The she-gryff sat on her haunches and let her thoughts wander like curious fawns.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Shadowfeather flew for at least an hour--but he wasn't exactly sure how long as he wasn't paying much attention to the time or even his whereabouts. He could've just been flying in circles for all he knew. His thoughts, as it were, had been preoccupied--with a certain pretty young gryphon whose feathers shone like sparkling silver stones under a clear stream and whose eyes rivalled the beauty of any ocean or midsummer sky he'd ever seen. 'I hadn't realized I'd been so infatuated with her,' he shook his head for about the twentieth time, determined now, 'Come now, I mustn't dwell on this like an excited school-gryff. However unfortunate, it is quite probable that I shall never see her again. After all, she hardly seemed infatuated with me in the least. I honestly doubt she favoured me at all.' He let his sigh out, resisting the urge to whisper her name to the winds as he'd been thinking for a while now upon. He'd had his small share of affections towards the female of his species, but he'd never acted upon his admiration. If he were to be honest, he'd always think of some excuse or there was some circumstance to persuade him to just appreciate from afar and not act upon his heart. He was never good enough, or she enjoyed the company of another, or perhaps even because he felt that his heart was lying to him and he didn't want to have a relationship end in folly. But, with all that, now all he really yearned for was a friend at the least. Forcing himself to be free of his thoughts now, the dark gryphon turned to spiral down to the forest floor. He realized soon that he wasn't in fact too far from where he'd left Mistwing, he was only a few miles from the small river where they'd met. Sighing yet again, the young male gryphon set about finding some shelter to spend the night in as he padded along the soft forest floor.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:16 pm

{{ Mistwing }}

As her eyes traced a leaf fluttering down from the branches of a maple tree, she wasn't really seeing it. Instead, her mind was picturing sleek black feathers and startlingly golden eyes. She was berating herself for being so distracted by someone she hardly knew. And even, one she had snapped at and probably thought nothing more of her because of it! If she hadn't been so rude--well, there was no point wishing. The pale-feathered gryphon snorted quietly, then rose to her paws. She strode silently on the leaves, heading back towards the small river. It bubbled and frothed, reminding Mistwing of her thoughts at the moment. She trudged down the bank til the tips of her front claws rested just on the edge of the rippling liquid. The cool ground was soothing, and for a moment she stayed there, deep in the corners of her mind.

When she decided it was time to move on, she stirred and turned away from the water. It had gotten darker and she wondered how long she had been standing there. Mistwing sped off in a randomly-chosen direction, paws hitting the ground in a rhythm as she moved. She wasn't sure where she was heading, but nor did she care, as she had no home she was bonded to nor kin to return to. She ran until the forest thinned and a great field swept up in her view, waves upon waves of lush grass. In the distance, snow-capped peaks rose up and the forest began again at the very edge. However, Mistwing was distracted by the unusual features this wide grassland held. The stale, but still existing, presence of humans.

She could see old, overgrown shapes--a structure there, clogged with grass and ivy, a fence there, nearly hidden by the stalks. Her eyes warily scanned the area, but it was deserted except for the occasional bird. Keeping her guard up, she slunk though the tall grass.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:14 pm

It wasn't long before he reached a strange field that must've been home to humans many years ago. At least, it seemed that way. Their ruins were scattered across the strange place. Shadowfeather had nothing against humans, but his feathers and fur rose apprehensively. This place was quite exposed, and it had a sort of foreboding feeling to it. Nevertheless, he could see more forest across it, and he decided he'd cross this strange place and then attempt to find a shelter in the forest across the way. He didn't want to stop travelling for the night quite yet, his mind still raced too much for him to feel like he could settle down for sleep. And so, the young gryphon took a few tentative pawsteps into the clearing, then started at a run towards a sinking fence that must've once surrounded one of the human's dwellings. He lept onto the wood, running along it and scrabbled up the rotting wall of the house. Parts of the roof were gone completely, and what was there was leaning in on itself. he stayed near the edges, where the walls provided more support, and looked out across the field, raising out his wings to prepare to fly over the place into the woods. Perhaps another flight would help clear his mind.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:22 am

{{ Mistwing }}

She trotted towards the first fence in her path, which she could barely see. The fences beyond it were wooden, though this one had only tall sticks of wood--it must have been some sort of mesh in between. Mistwing continued, the grass brushing her feathery sides. She watched the early-evening sky for a moment, then faced the broken dwelling and the field ahead. As the first fence grew closer she began to sprint, and then took a spring to clear it. "Yarr!" a rather soft but sharp sound of pain tore from her beak as she felt her tail catch on the fence--the mesh. Stumbling, she fell directly on top of the old human barrier, and realized with a gasp of agony that it wasn't just a mesh. It was barbed wire.

The gryphon had landed right on the weak part. It had sunk beneath her, and poked her painfully from underneath. Twisting, she tried to free herself but felt sharp pain in her left wing--it was encircled by the barbed wire. A flare of panic threatened to consume her as she tugged and tugged, but all it did was cause the blood to run more freely through her pale feathers. She began to tremble. Her left hind paw was trapped now too, and as she fought the wire she realized it was only making it much much worse. The metallic scent of blood filled her nostrils. She could see it all over her body, dripping and sliding down her mist-hued feathers. Terror engaged. Would she be stuck like this until she died? Either a predator would find her--the smell of blood would draw cougars and bears--or if that didn't happen, she'd starve. She saw no way of freeing herself--the wire was to small and hard to slice with her claws--she couldn't reach it anyway. If she had thought of it earlier, before making herself completely trapped, she might have been able to free herself if she had been calm enough. But she had stupidly panicked. Her breath came in ragged gasps. Her head could barely hold itself up in the position she was in--on her side, one wing unfurled on top and the ends tangled in the fence, and the other crushed in another web of barbed wire. Her legs all choked by tendrils. And her tail of course, still caught. She had never felt so worse--what an incredibly dumb way to die!

Mistwing dropped her head, unable to keep it up. Then she wished she had. Her neck fell onto a support of wire, and her ears immediately got ensnared. Now she could only look straight up without completely tearing all her feathers out. Though if that's what it took, she would do it. She jerked her head and shrieked in agony as blood dribbled down her face.

She didn't know how it could get worse. Oh, but of course. Paws crunched her way, and she caught the smell of a cougar. Her heart dropped, and she made a last effort to free herself. Too late.

{ dumb ways to die, so many dumb ways to dieeee, dumb ways to die-ie-ie-ieeee, so many dumb ways to die. :3 }
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:48 am

The black gryphon had just taken flight and begun his journey across the large clearing. His eyes were on the forest edge, and he never would've looked down if the wind hadn't picked up and he hadn't smelled the sharp scent of fear and blood from below. His eyes widened as he instinctively searched the ground for the obvious danger that was here somewhere. He saw the thing stuck in the wire--the grey and red thing--and then he saw the great tan beast stalking toward it's easy meal. It only took a millisecond for Shadowfeather's brain to recognize those pretty mist-hued feathers, the very ones that had occupied most of his thoughts since he'd first laid eyes on them.
But now they were slick with blood.

Shadowfeather tucked his wings in a steep dive, even though the feline predator seemed to be taking it's time deciding how best to gnaw away at the trapped gryphon without getting it's neat muzzle scratched by what was now obviously barbed wire. He was grateful his fence had only been wooden, otherwise they'd both have been doomed. He resisted the urge to call out to her, told himself that it would only alert the mountain lion to his presence and perhaps make the beast fear it's meal was in jeopardy of being stolen and feel it had to finish her off quickly. So, Shadowfeather barely opened his wings to slow himself as he pummeled straight into the mountain lion from above.

It yowled loudly in surprise as it's legs gave out under the sudden force of his tackle. He thought he heard a noise come from Mistwing--with a jolt of his heart he realized he didn't even know yet if she was still alive--but it could have been the breath rushing out of the cougar's lungs. Shadowfeather stumbled off of it, his own body shaken from the impact; it was, however, not in nearly as bad shape as the mountain lion's. He positioned himself in between Mistwing and the cat, and as it struggled to regain it's breath and stand on it's paws, he turned to her. "Mistwing. Mistwing! Are you alright? Answer me!" he searched desperately for those beautiful teal eyes, seeing only red and grey. He wasn't aware of how panicked his voice was. He didn't know how wide in fear--fear for her--that his golden eyes were. All he knew was that he had to save her. He had to.

{haha i see what you did thar ;) I miss singing that song with youuu~~ Shadowfeather used tackle! It was super effective!}
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:03 am

{{ Mistwing }}

She prepared to feel teeth and claws. Though she knew the cat wouldn't be stupid enough to pounce on her and harm itself on the wire, she knew it would figure away to chew away at her. She only hoped it would kill her before eating her, at the very least. When she could see the glow of its harsh amber eyes through the grass, she knew she was doomed. Unless something fell out of the sky on it, she was a goner. And that's exactly what happened. Too distracted with the cougar, she hadn't seen the approach of the black shape. Now it dove down and landed squarely on the cat, crushing it momentarily. Mistwing blinked in utter shock as she recognized Shadowfeather. She stared as he turned towards her in the few moments of respite, and called out. The terror in his voice surprised her. She blearily opened her eyes wider and coughed out a reply. "S-shad-dowf-feath-her..." the tendril digging into the back and side of her neck had adjusted when she'd jerked her head up, and was now tightly drawn over her neck in the front, on top of her life force and digging in. Blood trickled from her beak, staining her tongue and chest red. She gurgled and her sides heaved. Sweat stained her lower half, and tremors ran down the length of her slim shape. "Sh...adow..fea...."

{ heeh XD i love youuu
lol hooray for near-death experiences, and trauma for both.
ooh lol 100th post! }
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:34 am

He couldn't help his sigh of relief as he saw she was still alive, though his chest felt like it was clamped in iron all the same. He had to get her to safety. "Yes, I'm here! Don't give up on me now, promise me that!" his voice felt strange to himself--it was the same low tone but it was louder than usual, in desperation it seemed. He didn't have much time to dwell on it. He turned quickly, knowing the beast was probably on it's feet now. He turned a moment too late. The first thing he saw as his eyes left Mistwing was the ferocious sharp eyes and vicious snarl of the angry cougar as it lunged towards him, claws outstretched. It raked razor-sharp claws towards him, but he reared, slashing towards it as well. He blocked one paw but the other scraped his leg and chest, and he cried out in rage and pain. His wings opened and flapped thunderously, creating a gust against his opponent, as his own golden eyes turned hard with rage and he felt himself overcome with the thirst of revenge. "What do you think you're doing to my dear friend?" he snarled at it. The puma paused at the menace in his voice, and in the opening Shadowfeather screeched and moved forward, stabbing his claws towards the cougar's face. He hit his mark, feeling his claws sink into flesh. The beast howled in pain, shrinking back, and with the blood dripping into it's eyes and obscuring it's vision, it knew that this was not a battle it would win. It wisely turned and began running, but not before Shadowfeather bit at it's retreating tail, causing another yowl of pain to come from it's jaws as it tugged itself free and raced into the forest. Snorting once, Shadowfeather shook his head and turned back to Mistwing.

"Don't worry, young miss, I'll get you free. Just try not to struggle, it should only entangle you further. Please, I know it's hard..." he spoke gently to her, in a low voice, as he carefully inspected the wire and began working out the best way to untangle her, beginning by carefully easing the twisted wire over her head with a claw and gently releasing it from it's hold on her neck and ears. He heard her groan in pain, and his own heart ached that he was part of the reason for it, but he gritted his nerve and continued untangling the wire as best he could, ignoring the scratches he gained as he slowly got her free, speaking lgihtly to her the entire time.

{w00t! I love you toooooooowowwoowooo!! I enjoy the hardships. :3 And haha yay...75th post?? ^^; }
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:17 pm

{{ Mistwing }}

She could hear the sounds of the battle. Screeches and fur and feathers being torn from flesh, and the sound of scuffling paws on the grassy ground. It hurt even more knowing the black gryphon was being hurt because of her stupidity. If she hadn't been paying attention she wouldn't have gotten caught and disabled herself to move. If she hadn't panicked and struggled. If she hadn't yelled her pain. Wishing did her no good. Now she owed Shadowfeather a debt--she knew he'd be able to send off the cougar. If he could free her from the wire, that too would be part of a debt. She couldn't see the fight very well, just flashes of black and tawny, but after a moment she could tell that the cougar had accepted defeat. She heard a screech and a retreating thunder of pawsteps.

She blinked as she saw the black feathers in her vision and heard the gryphon's low voice. Unable to speak, she simply lay there as he began to tug away the wire with gentle claws. She kept still as he asked, just trembling slightly. As he freed her neck she panted heavily, blood dribbling out her mouth as she took in as much air through her painful throat as she could. She let out a wail of pain as he continued, and again, wishing she could have more self-control. As the barbs dug into her she quivered fiercer and shut her beak tight to prevent another screech. It forced itself out as Shadowfeather went on to her wings, where the skin was softer. Mistwing shut her eyes and nearly choked herself as she tried not to scream again and again. It was a while before she realized there was no more jabbing, only the throb of her wounds. She realized she was free, and opened her teal gaze to meet the golden eyes of the night-hued gryphon. She could barely move, but there was no way she was going to be lifted out by him. Struggling, with muscles aching and blood running through her feathers, she lifted herself off the net of wire and staggered free. She found soft ground and collapsed, leaving the barbed wire drenched red.

{ yes hardships keep a rp alive. ;3
lol XD }
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:16 am

He watched as she stood, struggling out of the mess of bloody wire. He flared his wings in distress as he saw how difficult it was for her. He would have helped her get up, but he didn't want to overstep his boundaries any more than he already had. For all he knew she still hated him, maybe even more since she'd shown weakness in front of him. But nevertheless, he padded forward gently, his wings whisking to his sides, and he said quietly, "I shall search for some medicinal herbs now--I know of a few that could help. Please, stay here. I promise I shall not be away any longer than necessary." He watched her worriedly for a moment more, then reared and began running, thrusting his wings and climbing swiftly into the air, rocketing off towards the forest. He landed quickly, his sharp eyes spying many herbs right off that could aid in the healing of her wounds. He stole plenty of cobwebs from a sad spiders, thanking them for their sacrifice. He rushed to pick some marigold flowers and dandelion leaves, dug up comfrey root, and luckily found dried poppy flowerheads and roughly shook out plenty of seeds. He gathered it all in a large leaf, which he folded so nothing would fall out during the flight, and hurried back to Mistwing.

He was relieved to find her still breathing, with no other attackers in sight. He cleaned the wound as best he could, then gently pressed the cobwebs to her wounds, adding a poultice of chewed marigold leaves and petals to the cobwebs to further help staunch the bleeding and prevent infection. He was being as gentle as possible, even more so on her wings, but he still felt her body tense in pain quite often, and he could see the muscles in her face straining with the struggle of keeping from crying out. After the marigold and cobweb had been applied, he chewed the comfrey root into a poultice as well, deciding to try explaining to take her mind off something other than her wounds, "This poultice should soothe your wounds. Also," he pushed the dandelion leaves and poppy seeds towards her beak, "those leaves and seeds will act as a painkiller, if you could please eat some for me..." he trailed off, concentrating on treating the wound, rechecking them to make sure he'd covered all the angry red cuts. Once he was satisfied that he'd treated them all, he turned to look into her pain-filled teal eyes, "It would be best if we could avoid moving you, but I hardly think it would be comfortable sleeping out here. If you'll allow the burden of my presence for a little longer," he bowed his head chivalrously, "I would like to aid you further and search for a nearby safe place to spend the night."

{TRUE dat. x3}
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:03 pm

{{ Mistwing }}

Swirling fog danced an eerie path through her mind. She saw nothing but silvery wisps, heard only the sound of wind blowing. It was all so calm, and she felt a sense of peace. Then the mist shifted, and a tendril of dark smoky black fog broke the pale grey mass. It entered smoothly, melding with the lighter clouds. She felt warm as it encased her presence. The pale grey and black swirled up with each other, and she sank back as the dream vanished.

Her eyes blearily opened. She didn't even remember passing out--she had fallen down, yes, but past that was blank. She wondered how long she had been out. Shadowfeather was gone, and a sudden icy jolt of panic went through her. Had he left her? No, he wouldn't have saved her for nothing. She tilted her head and winced as the gash in her neck sang with pain. She felt very alone, even used to all her time on her own. Yet after the brave rescue and the help she had received, the sudden silence was pressing uncomfortable on her ears. She hoped he would return soon--she knew he would. At the sound of wingbeats, she knew she had been correct. Shadowfeather's scent whisked into her nostrils and she breathed it in with relief. The tangy smell of herbs accompanied him, and she was surprised--he knew some remedies as well. It made her much more hopeful of a full recovery--though she was guessing she'd have a few scars too. Mistwing shifted her head, ignoring the sting, and tried to talk, but her mouth was too dry and her throat too painful to allow comfortable speaking. She let him apply the cobwebs and other herbs, fighting to stay conscious. The flashes of pain at each touch seemed to jag her mind and render her incapable of thinking. She heard his voice and struggled to comprehend. Something about the medicines...she forced her ears to open and her mind to shove off the agony. She managed to listen, disregarding what she knew about the poultices. The herbs he dropped by her beak she easily recognized, under the scent of blood and other plant mixtures. Dandelion, and poppy seed. She lapped them up. After a moment, she realized the pain had lessened and her mind felt clearer. She attempted to speak.

"So...I am not the only one who holds...knowledge of medicinal remedies...and helpful plants?" she croaked out, taking slow breaths between some of the words. "The ground if fine," she huffed softly, "and your presence is not a burden." it made her blush a little to say that, but she doubted he'd notice--especially with her thick feather covering on her face, and the wounds. She scuffed one clawed front paw on the ground, glad to be able to move it without the terrible agony--it was not just a dull throb. A sigh escaped her body and she closed her eyes, weary, but she didn't let herself drift off yet. It was comforting to have him here, though she wouldn't let him know that.

{ :3 }
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Shadowfeather blinked at her words, smiling ever so slightly, "Yes, and my knowledge--however minuscule--proved invaluable here, I'm pleased to say. I'm sure if I had known more, I'd be able to help far better but...I do hope my aid has lessened the burdens of your wounds," he paused, noting her last remark. He dipped his head gratefully, "Thank you, Mistwing. If I ever become a burden to you, you are free to send me away. I shall go without argument. I mean only to ease your recovery, and if I hinder it in any way I would like you to let me know what I can do to help, even if that includes my own absence." His small smile seemed almost bittersweet, but he crouched down to check her wounds once more. He stepped a few pawsteps away, settling down with his tail flicking every once in a while. There was a moment of silence, until Shadowfeather spoke up, "Do you want your thirst sated, perhaps?" he questioned, "I could bring some water back in a leaf. Or perhaps fetch some food?" He sat up, ready to go after whatever she might need.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:22 pm

{{ Mistwing }}

The she-gryphon sighed softly. She would have added something--another remedy, if he had not already used it--but her voice was too exhausted to speak much more. "I...in you debt." she breathed, flickering her eyelids open, forcing herself not to loose consciousness. She listened to his words; soothing they were. Mistwing curled up her hind legs closer to her body, then her front legs, and tucked her head down more. "Water, if you can....I have no hunger." she murmured in response, fighting sleep. She could feel her dry throat, but her stomach felt too tight and uncomfortable to want food. It could wait.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:55 pm

The dark-feathered gryphon gave a curt nod before trotting off a ways, opening his wings, and taking flight. He tucked his wings closer to his body, weaving through the forest trees with concentrated precision while moving about as fast as a bullet. He flared his wings as best he could when he neared his destination, stopping lightly even though the landing was difficult. He picked a huge, smooth leaf that had an almost waxy texture from a nearby plant--he'd known it would be there, as it always was--and jumped over a few bushes to reach the gurgling fresh, cool stream. He dipped the leaf in, then grabbed the corners in his beak, now carefully opening his wings and flapping straight up, as smoothly as he could. Now was not the time for flashing through the forest, unless he wanted there to be but a drop left by the time he returned to Mistwing. The gryphon pointed himself towards the wounded she-gryph as he rose above reach of the treetops, gliding easily on the air. He lighted down with not a shudder, pleased with himself as he gently lowered the water leaf towards Mistwing just as full as it had been when he'd filled it. He had to suppress a small sad smile when he noticed how near she was to sleep.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:22 pm

{{ Mistwing }}

Mistwing watched him move away and almost regretted it, because now it would be even harder for her to keep awake. Still, she wasn't going to drift off until he returned. Sleep was nagging at her but she shoved it aside, forcing herself to watch the sky and the clouds to distract her. It was difficult, but she managed until she spotted the dark shape of Shadowfeather returning. She heard him land softly and scented the fresh, wonderful smell of the water he had brought her. Her beak opened faintly as he set the leaf next to her, and she reached her neck carefully towards it. Though it was a little hard, she managed to drink a few gulps of the water from her sideways position. Once the majority of her thirst had been quenched, she dropped her head--weary from staying up so long--and let her eyes close. "Thank...you." she murmured again as sleep took her almost instantly.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next