Rising Springs Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alagaësia AU [private;;WWB]

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Alagaësia AU [private;;WWB] Empty Alagaësia AU [private;;WWB]

Post  Zoketi Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:43 am

recap;; Klynvatier and Dhvani have just hatched for Ele and Isella. I guess they're still out in the woods, or no? Either way, we can wait on them for a bit while we catch up with the elf bros. I was thinking that maybe Alavada and Gemuruh could have hatched like a few weeks before Klyn and Dhvani? In the general timeline. We'll play out their hatching and stuff and then maybe move a little forwards or something so we can get back to the girls? If that works for you. oh and I realized I need to figure out what Bharavase looks like...his hair'll be dark brown, maybe, and his eyes reddish-orange-brown? and he'll be kinda tall for his age, but spindly and thin and one of those people who's body grows too fast for his mind to get used to and he's a little clumsy, even for an elf. :P 

. b h a r a v a s e .
The tall, strong trees of Du Weldenvarden surrounded everything in sight. The city of Ellesméra, built from the plants, rose ahead. The picturesque buildings and neat, natural appearance was familiar to the viewer. Though not of Ellesméra--he was from Nadindel--it was similar to his home. However, the differences were apparent; subtle but there. Nadindel was a small, more ragged town than the beautiful capital. The reason he was here was rather complicated. It had to do with legends and something that his own home could not provide. Though Nadindel was a place of mystery and story and unusual inhabitants, Ellesméra held the answers he needed. Everything open to the public, that he could discover, would be here. Everything. Everything about the dragons and the Riders.
Bharavase had known it right away when he'd set eyes on the egg. It was so beautiful and rare and he was astounded that he'd found it. A chance of a lifetime--he wondered if it would hatch for him. The more selfish part of him told him to keep it hidden to himself, though he knew that was wrong. Yet--they would take it if he told anyone. His desire to be a Rider, to be something more than nervous, unsteady Bharavase, was overpowering. It was tucked in his bag right now, cool and heavy and offering a comforting presence. The young elf didn't really have friends...his social skills were rather patchy. He could talk, yes, but it seemed every little thing threw him off. He was often frustrated and angry, which was another reason he was away from home. To clear his head. His overprotective mother was in a state of near-ruin after the death of his father. Bharavase rarely interacted with her nowadays. Though he knew she loved him, he couldn't begin to understand what she was going through. Children were the ultimate gift of a relationship, there was so much harmony between the two parent elves that if one died it likely caused madness in the other. It had only happened a few years ago, too. Bharavase missed his father very much.
He paused, scanning the surrounding tree-houses and sleek furnished buildings. Then moved on.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

http://zoketi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Alagaësia AU [private;;WWB] Empty Re: Alagaësia AU [private;;WWB]

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:14 pm

{alright, yeah, I like the idea of them having hatched a while before Klyn and Dhvani. :3 That all sounds good to me! Btw, sorry it took me so long to reply! Honestly, I totally forgot we were doing this rp ^^; but I'm glad we are, it should be epic! And I suppose Círdan will have kind of messy or windblown super dark, straight hair (going with his almost gothic/loner personality) and he can have light, like minty leaf green eyes. He'll have a quite fair complexion and high cheekbones (like all elves...ya know, the Fair Folk and whatnot), and he'll be tall and skinny but not quite as tall as Bhara, and he's more the lean and...quick I guess? Like he's real skinny but the normal healthy kind of skinny, not the spindly kind. Ya got me? He gets angry real easy and does tend to shrug people off and he's a bit rude, as I've said xD and he's a pretty skilled fighter but he sucks at anything that involves charisma and persuasion and talking and whatnot. and I guess....they're like human-teen equivalent in age, right? They're young elves? Just makin sure. And I kiiinda wanna make Círdan have a younger sibling or something but I feel like that's weird because elves like never have kids...and idk extra person to rp. Maybe though....what do you think? I mean they wouldn't be around alll da time...I was thinking a younger sister..}

.: C í r d a n :.

Círdan flipped yet another page in the tome he'd taken from the extensive library of the great hall in Ellesméra. He was scouring the knowledge of the city for anything concerning lore of the great dragons. Being from Ília Fëon himself, Círdan had been on a long journey throughout Du Weldenvarden to visit the remains of the once-beautiful elven city *Éwayëna. He finally came across it, one morning about three weeks ago...
~Flashback~
The elf stood wonderstruck, gazing at the scene before him. He could see the scorch marks and rending of claws on old structures and trees, the once-great buildings reduced to so much tinder by the Dragon War. It was a scene of destruction, but also one of absolute beauty. Renewed red lilies blanketed the area, swaying in the light morning breeze with dapples of sun glistening off the dew on their deep petals, giving the illusion that the whole city was forever on fire. The light of the place, the absolute fire of life shone with a gorgeous intensity, radiating into the young elf who stood, frozen despite the warmth seeping through his limbs. After a time, as Círdan was finally able to break the spell of awe that had struck him, he began exploring amidst the brilliant red lilies, touching their smooth petals with care. As he stepped nimbly through the rubble and the flowers, he caught a glimpse of something the colour of a sunset, adding a hint of shining orange flame to the red inferno. Círdan advanced towards it, thinking it must've been an orange lily that was leaning against the old stone wall of what might have been a blacksmith's forge, struggling to show it's colours in the midst of it's red cousins. Círdan stepped forward, and upon closer inspection he realized it was not a flower at all. He felt his heart quicken--something that altogether never happened--but he would not let into his mind the thought that it so badly wanted to tell him. Crouching, the elf gently weaved his hands between the stems of the red lilies, caressing them aside to show the brilliant sunset orange rock resting in a bed of lily petals. He raised a hand, long pale fingers extended slightly, and touched the face of the stone ever so gently. His green eyes opened wider than they ever had, and it seemed like the forest around him came alive with light. He revelled in the moment, the sun's rays striking the egg, brilliantly illuminating the lighter orange of the body of the egg; hints of yellows and reds and even pinks dappled throughout were now discerned under Círdan's gaze, his pale eyes alight as they'd never been before. Brilliant orange veins criss-crossed through the perfect oval, a wondrous work of natural and mythical art.

After an indescribable amount of time, after the noontime sun had hidden behind the high treetops of Du Weldenvarden, Círdan rose. He left the egg, finishing his exploration of Éwayëna, documenting and sketching the site in a leather-bound journal he'd brought with him for when he finally had found the ruined city. His work took him well into the night, and so he slept with the red lilies, right next to the orange dragon egg that had been resting there in secret for decades. Círdan awoke early, and he sat until noon by the egg, or exploring the nearby forest and contacting the animals nearby. He played with a bear cub for a while, but before long it's mother gave him a gentle cuff on the head to tell him they had to be on their way. He affectionately ruffled the fur on the cub's head and stroked his mother's mighty neck, bidding them farewell. Once the sun had risen right above Éwayëna and the land caught fire in the petals of the lilies, showing the history of the city's destruction, Círdan withdrew a large slate tablet from his bag and placed it on the ground before him. He focused his energy and his mind, bringing forth his memories of the sunlit ruins with flowing red lilies and--most importantly--a shining golden-orange egg glimmering among the blossoms. Círdan painted his fairth with long, shining tendrils of magic wielded by his mind. Once he had finished, the elf rose from his place. Just as he lifted his work to the scene before him in comparison, the sun fell behind the trees and the clearing was once more shadowed, with only occasional dapples of sunlight. All the same, Círdan allowed a small smile, his satisfaction showing as he gently placed his beautiful fairth back into his bag. It was a perfect rendition of the scene, the colours perhaps a bit more brilliant and the egg slightly hidden by red petals but all the same clearly visible to one who looked close, the hues of the ruins and the lilies seeming to glow with life. But none more than the dragon egg. The picture was just as striking and gorgeous as he'd seen in his mind's eye. Círdan left Éwayëna with a strange feeling in his chest. He couldn't quite place it, but it felt like something...new, something he'd never felt before. Círdan thought quite a lot to himself as he lept over a large tree root, carefully grasping the dragon egg that he had covered with spare clothing, not daring to hope that the egg might ever hatch for him.
~End Flashback~
And so, here he was, pouring over ancient books on ancient matters, the egg still firmly enclosed in his spare tunic, protectively kept within his bag. The thought had crossed his mind that he ought to turn it in, but he just couldn't bare it. Not yet. He would, he reasoned, once he'd found out a bit more about it, so he could perhaps be it's caretaker until they found the one who would become the dragon's rider. He couldn't be parted from it yet. He knew if he turned it in, they'd give care of it over to one of the elders, one of the nobility or some such. He had to prove he was worthy of the position before he let another know he had it. Círdan glanced at his bag, as he did so often now, his face it's usual inexpressive mask. Blinking pale green eyes, he huffed his dark hair out of his face and turned his attention back to 'On Dragon Eggs and Hatchlings'.

{* it's apparently an Elven city famous for it's red lilies, that was burned down during the Dragon War and abandoned by the elves. I'm not really giving a location, because there isn't one that I can find, but basically in my mind's eye Éwayëna was fairly deep into Du Weldenvarden, so Círdan was on a pretty long travelling trip when he found the egg. Why was he on the trip? Cuz..he....likes history..? >.>; because the place sounded pretty? xP }

Last edited by WalkingWithBarefeet on Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:24 pm; edited 7 times in total
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:57 pm

{{heehee sounds fine. and I dunno, maybe you could have a sibling, it's up to you. children are rare...but still. siblings would be awesome. and that's cool about the city. o3o your descriptions were lovely. and your whole post was fantastic, by the way. wish I could write like thatttt. <3 my post's just bleh...didn't really know what to say.}}

A tall, pale figure peered nervously into the majestic hall. His skinny fingers trailed over the smooth wood frame of the entrance, taking comfort in the tree's cool bark. Now this was something. He could not believe his eyes. It was most definitely the best room--though room was a bit of an understatement--he'd ever stepped into. One simply couldn't call it a library. It was much too magnificent for such a simple term. The young elf politely stopped staring, and fully entered. Shivers ran down his spine as he took it all in. The trailing wooden shelves, grown from the floor; the decorative walls and furniture; the uncountable number of scrolls and books and works and everything imaginable. Nadindel's scroll-house was barely a speck in comparison. Bharavase wished he'd come earlier, to devour all of this. Lifetimes of knowledge. To him, not even an immortal creature such as himself could read it all. It was beautiful.
He'd better start reading, then. He didn't think it would take long to find the subject he was looking for, as it was a large topic. Bharavase walked slowly forwards, pondering where to start. He moved along the first shelf, closest to the entrance, his eyes trailing over the titles. Spells of the Soils, Vine-weaving... he'd have to go much deeper, he guessed. Which was good. The more he saw of this the more he liked it. As the young elf weaved around in a daze of excitement, trying to absorb as much information as he could, he kept on the lookout for mention of dragons. He came across the word multiple times, but it was usually tucked in some poem or such. Muykar and the Bronze Dragon....The Dragon-eyed. He knew there would be something about dragons in general...he just had to find it. Bharavase saw a few other elves about, not as many as he had guessed. But then, this place was so large, a whole town could hide in it, separated. Or so he pictured. He wandered along until at last he began to find volumes about dragons as a species. Pausing by the shelves, he stared intently at each tome or scroll, trying to choose the best one. The Rainbow Beast. The Source of the Fire-breathing. Inside the Egg. He pulled out a book called Dragons: Early Life and wandered absentmindedly over to one of the scattered tables. There were a few other elves nearby, but he payed little attention. Clutching his bag and the heavy tome, he sat down and placed it on the table. He carefully set his bag, with the egg inside, on his lap. He could feel it on his legs and it offered a comfort he couldn't explain. Bubbling with curiosity, Bharavase opened the book and began to read.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:23 pm

{okays. I think I may as well not for now :/ you're right, they are rare, I don't really want him to have a sibling. And nuuuu i thought it was kind of meh :/ but thank you...I was trying to paint a picture with it but I didn't think it worked well at all....but I'm glad you thought so <3 your writing is so much more fabulous than miiinnnnneee xP also, I was just thinkin, I feel like maybe Círdan and Bhara ought to at least start developing some sort of rivalry before their dragons hatch....I think it might help make character development more natural as we go through our rp. What do you think? :3 }

.:c í r d a n:.
The young elf finally closed his book, having gleaned all the information he felt would be useful. Over the past five days, he'd been absolutely ransacking the library of Ellesméra, and now most of the books upon dragons and their care that were held in the floor-to-ceiling bookshelves of that beauteous hall were laying on the grass beside him and his egg, open to various pages and full of petals of flowers or pieces of grass from where he'd marked important passages. Sighing, Círdan hefted his books again, carefully looking through each marked passage to scour over the information again  before removing the page-markers, putting each book in a stack as he went through it for the final time. By late afternoon, all of the tomes were free from marks and Círdan felt almost confident in his knowledge of dragons. He had known a decent amount about them before--as much as every elf knew, which was far more than any other race--but researching in the great scrolls and tomes of Ellesméra certainly expanded his knowledge. He easily balanced the stack of books, gently lifting the strap of his bag over his head and across his shoulder, securing it around his sinewy, lithe body. The elf started back towards the main section of Ellesméra, walking calmly. He passed several Ellesmérian elves on his way, to whose happy greetings he responded to noncommittally. They all wore similar garb to his own--Círdan himself was modestly fashioned with a dark forest green tunic with beautiful intricate yet simple brown stitching in flowing, leafy patterns near the V shaped neck-line. The tunic itself was several hues darker than his pale green eyes, and underneath it he wore a simple off-white undershirt. Black-brown leggings covered his thin but well-muscled limbs, and dark-coloured light-weight leather travelling boots reached high on his calves. A brown belt rested across his thin waist, its beautifully engraved silver buckle adorning the front.

Before long, the young male elf reached Ellesméra's library hall. He immediately headed for the section where he'd gotten the majority of his dragon books, slipping them back into their vacant places on the undisturbed shelf. At one point, he had to climb a ways up the shelf to reach the spot where two of his tomes belonged. A few times the young elf stopped to browse a bit, enjoying the vastness of knowledge that hadn't been available in his own home. After some time, unburdened by heavy books now, Círdan made his way back through the library. He passed through one of the smaller sitting areas, spotting a single elven male absorbed in the tome he was reading. Círdan wouldn't have thought anything of him, if the book's title hadn't caught his eye. Dragons: Early Life was inscribed on the front--the first title that Círdan himself had put back on the shelf after having gotten there an hour or so ago. What were the chances that a young elf would be examining the same material that he was, the same time he'd been searching for it? 'Do not be a paranoid fool,'Círdan thought to himself, 'he is inclined to take out any book that catches his fancy. Dragons are a great reverential and historical topic to all elves.' Shaking his pale green gaze from the seated young elf--for Círdan realized he'd been staring--he quickened his step and left the library, choosing to head to the training grounds to see how the elves of Ellesméra participated in training combat compared to his own, much smaller home.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:03 pm

{{hahah alright then. :3 but no, it was wonderful. I have all these other roleplays I'm in on other sites, but whenever I see a reply on one of our rps here, I always save these for last because I love reading your posts. <33 pfft, yours is better. the end. oh and yes! rivalry is good. I mean, we always have characters be friends, never enemies, so lol. so yes quite to that!}}

. b h a r a v a s e .
Bharavase's crimson-brown gaze flitted upwards at the sound approaching footsteps. In the empty, solemn still air of the library, the steps were echoing and surprisingly loud. He returned to his reading as the unknown elf came around the shelves, and was distracted again by the information in the text. He was barely ten pages in, but was soaking up everything at a fast rate. It was wonderful. All he could ever want to know was here, either in this single tome, or in the countless more. It seemed that a whole corner of the library was devoted to information on dragonkind. He almost wished he could live here, surviving simply on knowledge and the occasional piece of fruit...or something...
He glanced up as the other elf turned to leave. He just made out a slim dark-haired figure in the usual earthy-toned garb. Bhara's own clothing was rather ragged, but, it had been woven by his mother and she had not been herself as of late, of course. His beige-tan tunic, furnished with a deep olive green along the tips, had a couple loose threads. His brown leggings were sound enough, and his pale creamy undershirt was decent. His light tan, tough moccasin shoes were worn down, but they were old and hardly fit him anymore. He was thinking of finding something more protective, especially as of now with his riskier lifestyle. He had a band of thick cloth around his waist, tied sloppily. On it hung a sheath for a small bronze-colored dagger, a gift from his late father. He hadn't cared a bit about the roughness of his apparel, much more concerned by her health than a less-than-perfect piece of cloth. It had been hard enough to convince her he should go on this journey. He hadn't told her of the egg's existence, of course. Just that he wanted to explore Ellesméra's huge stores of knowledge. A bit of a guilty feeling, but he was too frightened to let anyone know. A real dragon egg--if he said a word, it would be gone from his grasp before he'd even shown it to the world.
The young elf let out a soft sigh and instinctively lowered his hand to trail it along the ridge where the egg was on his lap. He flipped another page and continued, one hand on the bump in his bag. Time seemed to flow by, and when he had reached the end of the book, the light from the windows seemed to have hardly changed. Bharavase stood up, rising to his toes as his joints clicked. He looped the bag over his head, grabbed Dragons: Early Life, and moved back towards the shelves. He frowned, seeing multiple titles he hadn't when he'd come in. Had that elf earlier dropped all these off? Another intellect just as interested in dragons, like him. Well, he supposed he wasn't the only one.
He pored over the unfamiliar tomes, picking out another that struck his fancy. He planned to read for quite awhile, as he had nowhere to be and nothing else to do. Satisfied, the tall young elf returned to his seat, still clutching his bag. He'd taken it with him, even though his table was only paces away. He was that protective of it. Loosing it would be a horrible blow. He'd be found out for one, but he'd also loose the most interesting thing that ever had happened to him, and a treasure from a ravaged past, a secret so great it made him anxious about even parting from it for a second. He sat down with a soft thump, placing the bag on his lap, and opened the next book, one called Habits of Hatchlings.

{{also, how should they meet? I would have skipped to him having finished reading, but I didn't want to without your consent.}}
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:34 pm

{{awww buddyyy~ <: ) <333 thanks! but yours are just as good as mine, if not better. Just saying. I'M OLDER SO I'M ALWAYS RIGHT. Hah. And yay awesome! But you don't need my consent for stuff like that ^^; but if you didn't have them meet on while in the library, they could always meet on the training grounds. Seems like a logical place for a rivalry to start xD whatever works for you though :3 }}

Círdan walked calmly through Ellesméra, keeping a long, pale hand protectively resting against his bag at the spot where the egg lay, a great historical sentient artifact hidden from the world by a few scraps of cloth. The young elf eventually found his way to the training grounds, where a couple other elves were engaged in a light sparring with wooden staves and another seemed to be assembling some sort of practise weapon. Círdan walked to the furthest training area, examining the rack of available weapons. Círdan himself wielded a flamberge style dagger--a 'flaming' dagger that has an undulating blade, giving the appearance of being caught on fire. He also held a simple elvish sword, thin but powerful and quick. Its hilt was styled much like a rapier's, but it was fairly simple. Círdan removed his sword and dagger from his belt, laying them on the ground beside the weapons rack. He hesitated a moment before removing his bag, holding the strap in his hand as he selected a rough wooden stave about the length of Círdan's own sword. He walked towards the dummy set up in the training area, reverentially depositing the egg's bag nearby where he could see it, but where it was out of harm's way. Getting into a fighting stance, Círdan gripped the wood and lunged at his target, whacking it in the ribs with a powerful sideways stroke. He artfully pummelled the dummy, circling it, ducking, rolling, and parrying his imaginary enemy's 'attacks'. He continued his barrage, but Círdan's mind wasn't on his physical surroundings--he was focusing mentally, his mind swimming with the new information he'd gleaned the past few days. 'At times, a dragon egg will take weeks to hatch even after in the presence of the one who will be it's Rider.' Círdan had known that was true, but seeing it in several of the books he'd read somehow made it more real. It gave him hope that he kept trying to tell himself he didn't and shouldn't have, and through it all he couldn't stop looking towards where his egg was wrapped safely in his bag, known only to himself.

{{blegh bad post is bad x( }}
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:00 pm

{{YOU'RE OLDER SO YOU WRITE BETTER SO THERE. <3 Just kidding, heehee. ^^ And yes okay. Very true. ;3}}

. b h a r a v a s e .
When he had read perhaps the whole shelf of books, and his eyes burned from continually staring at printed characters, Bharavase returned the last book to it's correct spot. He paused a moment to admire the collection of wondeful books, of which he had absorbed as much knowledge of the dragon race as he could for now. And now he felt almost more excited and more fearful than before, knowing so much more about the secret in his bag. But it was time to head out now. He'd been here for quite awhile, and his legs were stiff. The idea of continuing to sit for more time was unappealing. He'd be back, he was sure of that. Much more information could be acquired. The tall youngster secured his bag around his shoulder, feeling the egg's presence for security, and walked quietly back towards the front of the large hall. He exited, giving a few bows and quiet greetings to those who passed by. When he left the building and stepped outside, it was almost a relief. Even though the buildings themselves were part of nature, it was still a different feeling than actually being out with no shelter--aside from the massive canopy of Du Weldenvarden's trees. He flexed his fingers, pondering where to head to. He had no quarters to return to, and his knowledge of Ellesméra was pretty slim, having been sheltered in the small city of Nädindel. Well, that could be a reason to explore, at least.

Bharavase set off at a gentle pace down one of the weaving paths. The elves he encountered were often distracted and busy. He couldn't help but try to keep his gaze down, fearful that one might see guilt or something in his expression. He felt exposed and uncertain, and his hand was always tight on his bag. He forced himself to relax it, as that might arose suspicion, the thing he was trying to avoid. The young elf meandered on, half-admiring the forest and sung objects and half-worrying about his situation. When an open field came into sight between the trees, he was drawn towards it out of curiosity. From the loud, sudden noises and energetic movement, he guessed it was a place of battle-training. Maybe he ought to stay and practice himself. All he had was his dagger, but he noted that their were free-for-use common weapons stack in neat racks along the sides of the open area. Bharavase stepped out of the shade of the tightly-packed trees and onto the smoother, grassy area. He observed a couple of other elves, practicing and such, but kept out of their way. He chose a more secluded spot and instead of jumping into a practice fight right away he instead sat down on the grass and lifted his bag gently over his head. He set it down carefully next to him, and then slid his dagger from its sheath and examined it for a moment. Of course, it was not very effective for great battles. Not that he had any planned.

He knew how to use a simple broadsword, but did not have one of his own. He'd trained with his father's weapon, instructed by a family friend who was somewhat renowned for her fighting skills--Aeleth the Swift. But Bharavase thought it would be a good idea to eventually obtain his own sword. For now, he could practice with one of those simple wooden staves on the racks. The slim young male got to his feet, reluctantly leaving his bag on the ground, tucked against a thick clump of grass. He grabbed one of the staves, fingering it lightly. He stood still for a moment, playing with the object, getting a feel for the weight and size. He ignored the dummy that stood lonely nearby, and instead began to brandish the weapon at nothing but air. His eyes half-closed, he breathed in and out as he jabbed and swung, picturing the opponent in his mind's eye. For a moment it was his instructor, Aeleth with her dark brown hair tied in a thick braid down her back, with her pale blue eyes narrowed and a faint smile on her carved face. She leaped at him, blocking his thrusts, and he jerked back, stabbing and slicing in his natural rhythm. The imaginary fighter shifted to his father, an even taller figure with near-black hair that rippled down his back in a ponytail, and with penetrating orange-yellow eyes. His expression was kinder, but he seemed to be trying to give his son advice. Bharavase could hear nothing, but he continued with his moves, blocking out the world but for him and his sword. He imagined he was on the back of a dragon--the one from his egg--and they were battling against fierce enemies with blades of red and faces twisted by hate. His mind swam with the new knowledge he'd soaked in, as he whispered to his dragon to move right. How he wished he could ride one, hear its thoughts, bond with a legend. Slash, twist, duck, strike, jab. His thoughts went from dragons to fighting techniques to his egg, and back again. Parry, stab, slice, dodge.  

{{ okay, sorry. ^^" if you want I can make him go over to Círdan next post. I just lost my muse at the end of this. I'm bad at instigating things, sorrrrryyy <3 }}
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:33 pm

{{it's fine darling!! <: ) that'll work for meeeee if it works for you! I really liked your post btw :3 }}

Stepping nimbly, Círdan lashed out at his enemy, then stabbed his staff behind him and over his head, jabbing through an imaginary enemy's skull. He could almost hear the crunch of bones, the splash of hot blood as his enemies fell. Turning on the balls of his feet, he sliced and stabbed out as his enemies surrounded him, always moving. After about a few hours, he had felled them all, and he was just beginning to start breathing hard. He decided now would be the time to rest, and to check on his egg. He'd been peeking at it out of the corner of his eye every few minutes while he trained, but now he discarded his staff beside the battered dummy and walked over to slide down into a sitting position by his egg. He reached in his satchel, slipping his hands under the cloth that covered the egg  until he could feel it's smooth surface, cool but warm with life at the same time. Looking nonchalantly about with his passive gaze, Círdan noticed a young elf pratising in the training grounds who hadn't been there before. He'd realized someone had come in a while ago, but hadn't cared enough to really look--after all, there'd be no one he knew in Ellesméra. He didn't have many friends. Any, really. But there, locked in combat with ferocious 'enemies', was the very elf that Círdan had seen in the library reading the book on dragons. He had dark brown hair and a thin body--not wiry like Círdan himself, this elf had a more lanky physique. He brandished his staff with clear skill, and Círdan couldn't help but feel a small wave of competition rush through to the tips of his fingers. He itched to pick up his weapon and continue practising now that he'd seen this young elf fight. He watched the other young male for a while, observing his practise tactics and his stance. Eventually, when Círdan thought he might've seen him staring, he averted his pale green eyes from the other's orange-brown ones, instead looking back to his bag where his hand protectively rested atop the spot where his egg lay.

Last edited by WalkingWithBarefeet on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:04 am

{{^^ aw thankies <333 alright, time to make bhara go be awkward...also, pfft on the crazy formalities of the elves.}}

. b h a r a v a s e .
Things became a blur. He knew each movement, but everything else was nonexistent, almost. He sliced through the air and drew back before the opponent could land a blow. He was beginning to tire, not quite enough to be really that noticeable, but it was that trigger that told him that he could take a break. He'd been practicing for quite awhile now. He let his eyes take in his surroundings again, and slowed down his wooden stave. He almost felt eyes on him. Bharavase tilted his head, fixing his gaze on another elf, who was in a nearby field, sitting in the grass. No--he'd seen that elf before; dark-haired, young. Children were rare, he knew, so it was rather odd to notice this one more than once. Did they just have similar interests? Was this just some weird bunch of coincidences? The one in the library, who'd taken all those informational dragon books. He paused his work, just as the other elf looked aside. Bharavase stepped back towards his bag, confirming that it was still there, and then moved to place his wooden weapon back on the nearby rack. He returned to his bag, grabbed it gently--reaching in to stroke the egg--and slung it over his shoulder. He stood still for a moment, his fingers twisting into his tunic. He wanted to approach, if only to question the other elf, politely of course. Pushing aside his nervousness, Bharavase walked quietly across the field in the direction of the elf. When he had reached the other, halting a few steps away, he shifted hesitantly. "Atra esterní ono thelduin." he murmured, honoring the other male by speaking first. His voice was slightly strained, but mostly calm.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:18 pm

{{heehee it's cute! xD and i likkkee their formalities...x3 I wish we had them. It would probably make talking a lot easier, at least starting conversation.. }}

Círdan was surprised when the other elf came over to him--usually everyone just ignored him, as he figured he probably sent off a vibe of 'I-am-anitsocial-and-I-don't-like-people-so-leave-me-alone' as that was how he generally felt, but this young elf intrigued him. He nodded slightly when the elf spoke, acknowledging the respect he'd been given by being spoken to first. Círdan rose then, sliding his bag up and around his shoulder with him as he in turn greeted the elf, "Atra mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr." His seemingly-bored green eyes studied the other with secret scrutiny, trying to glean any information he could. Círdan's gaze slid down to the other elf's bag, much like his own....in fact, almost too much. Was that a slight bulge in it at the bottom, large and round almost exactly like the shape his own egg formed when covered by the rough material of his satchel? These coincidences with this same elf were getting far to common for Círdan's liking, and his contempt grew the more he saw him.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:27 pm

{{oh! I like them too. I just meant that it was difficult to rp them since they were so complicated and detailed. I was googling before I did my last post and it was like, "formalities differ for age, gender, and race". but of course there was no words for them, since they hadn't actually been spoken in the book (or not "onscreen"). but yes, I do wish we had them...I very much agree with you. and lol I keep wanting to say things like, "his ears twitched" or "his tail flicked" but I can't. XD Way too used to rping animals.}}

. b h a r a v a s e .
Bharavase watched as the other male stood. He felt a tension in the air. The other's light mint eyes scoured over him, while in turn Bhara's own dark amber-gold flickered over the other. It reminded him of two stags he had seen in the woods, both of equal size and age. Sizing each other up with liquid brown eyes, shoulders stiff, flag white tails erect. They seemed to sense a battle would be destructive, so matched were they in shape. Bharavase had watched them, scribbling in his notebook, until they parted ways, unable to come to any sort of acceptance. "Un atra du evarínya ono varda." he finished the greeting, watching the other elf's gaze linger on his shoulder bag. His fingers remained closed around the top of the bag, as if he could protect what was inside by merely touching. Bharavase was nervous and it showed, but he made himself stay put. His curiosity was too great, the signs too suspicious, and the circumstances too rare. He lifted his chin a little as he spoke again. "If you do not mind, I wish to inquire of you a few topics." he stated quietly, uncomfortable.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:25 pm

{{oh yeah i gotchu xD I'm just using a wiki thing xD http://inheritance.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Language lol. But yes I gotchu xD Ughhhh though...I hate Thanksgiving with my dad >.<; it's the worst :/ I'm so glad i actually have internet this year thoug xP }}

The young elf's inquiry only strengthened Círdan's suspicions. His eyes narrowed ever so slightly, but he nodded in allowance all the same. "Ask what you will, but perhaps you would not mind me asking similar questions of you if that is the case," Círdan murmured back, his composure as nonchalant, as it always is, despite the contempt and anger he was feeling.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:26 pm

{{hahah I'm using that exact page too. XD and lol that's good :P btw, made up a random name for the library building thing...so yeah.}}

. b h a r a v a s e .
He had expected a reply like that. "Of course; I assume my queries will only heighten your desire to ask of me." he responded fluidly. He got an impression that this other elf did not enjoy the fact he was coming over to inquire things of him. The faintest narrowing of his light green eyes was the only sign, but as subtle as it was Bharavase was aware that it hid a lot more. Elves were just like that. He on the other hand, was a slight bit more open emotionally, but compared to a human, he was a stoic expressionless creature. "I saw you hours earlier, in the library of Vetnaurí Hall. It may be mere coincidence that you were curious of the exact same topics I was." he tilted his head very slightly to the side. "And, I was only curious of you here. The only elf children native to Ellesméra are Haeldir and Luéka. May I ask of where you hail? He knew this because he'd glimpsed them earlier, when he'd first arrived, and they had told him who they were.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:41 pm

{{heee great minds think alike! :)And that's fine, it's definitely easier than calling it 'the library' xD }}

Círdan stared at the elf as he spoke, but his pale eyes hardened at his words. "Ília Fëon," he uttered stiffly, "You?" Although his curt speaking manner was just a characteristic of his personality, Círdan knew he was letting more hostility leak into his voice than usual. He did not want to scare the other away--nor did he think he would--but Círdan did not generally talk to other people, least of all strangers. He was not a talkative person, somewhat unlike the fun-loving majority of the peoples of his race. The commonalities between the two young elves that would normally be points of friendship between them had twisted into barbs of guarded wariness without either of them really meaning them too--at least that's how it felt on Círdan's end. But that also was a bit of a characteristic of his personality, if he were to admit it.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:16 am

{{XD indeed.}}

. b h a r a v a s e .
Bharavase shifted his weight out of slight anxiety. His face displayed little emotion, but his eyes faintly flickered with the nervous feelings that rushed through him. It was noticeable and he knew it, but he couldn't make himself hide it. And he did not want to worry about it too much. That would just be frustrating; worrying about his worrying? He bit his tongue and then replied. "Nädindel." he answered quietly, with some force in his voice however. He hesitated another moment, before throwing out another question. "May I inquire your name?" At least this was an easy topic, rather than coming up and calling out that he had seen this other elf before, in an awkward way.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:00 pm

He noticed the anxious way that the other elf moved and how his eyes darted around ever so slightly. 'If this makes him uncomfortable, why does he stay and question me? There must be something he wants to know...' Green eyes gazed imperiously into the other's calm face, but those amber eyes betrayed his nervousness. For a moment, Círdan contemplated giving a false name, but he didn't think it would end up doing him much benefit in the long run. It would be fairly easy to find out who he was. "Eka eddyr Círdan," he responded, never moving his gaze, hardly blinking his pale piercing eyes.

{{to save you time of trying to look it up, I kinda made that sentence, hoping it follows the Ancient Language sentence structure and whatnot....it just says "I am Círdan" ;P  I think...at least that's what I was going for ^^;
sidenote: WOO first post on second page!!! *happeh dance*}}
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:18 pm

{{hahah yeah. it's super duper confusing. :P and lol whoo XD}}

. b h a r a v a s e .
His gaze flickered over the other male. Noting the transition, he understood that the other elf was being honest, as the Ancient Language would prevent lying. Of course, he had not expected something else, as their conversation was not one that would entice falseness. "Un eka eddyr Bharavase." And I am Bharavase. he murmured, switching over as well. The male ground one of his feet into the soft ground ever so slightly as he pondered what next to ask. The conversation did not seem to be getting very far, and Bharavase was under more pressure due to the faintly-noticeable fact that this Círdan did not like him. A sudden thought crossed his mind. "Would you care to cross blades with me?" After he spoke it, he realized that maybe it would not be such a grand idea, but it was too late now.

{{I'm going to pretend that he said the last sentence in the Ancient Language. I started to try and actually create it but couldn't find the words or put them in a correct order, so screw that. so I made the underline represent that it is in the Ancient Language without actually having to type it. ^^ we'll probably need something like this later on too.}}
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

{{yus, dats a good idea! ;D I like! AUGH this rp makes me excited xDDD I love it right noawwwawaww}}

Círdan stiffened at Bharavase's sudden request, but his eyes lit with anticipation and he nodded slightly, "Very well," Círdan accepted, stepped a few paces away to retrieve his wooden weapon and to lay his rucksack with his egg a safe distance away. He turned back, brandishing the weapon, blowing his dark hair out of his eyes. He bent his knees, taking on his stance but altering it slightly to give a different perception of his skill. He would change his fighting style a bit during this battle, he decided. Always good to have variety. The smallest of smirks upturned his pale lips, and Círdan stood at the ready as his opponent took up arms and got into place. They stared each other down for a while, each waiting for the other to make the first move, trying to judge the other's fighting prowess. Eventually, Círdan lept forward, stabbing toward Bharavase's left knee. He easily parried Círdan's attack, locking their blades together and twisting in an attempt to rip Círdan's weapon from his grasp. Círdan disentangled himself, dancing back before trying a counterattack. The two elves parried and evaded, ducking and rolling and turning about one another as their wooden staves collided in sharp clacks that echoed into the surrounding forest of Du Weldenvarden. Whenever one was just about to land a hit, the other would block it or move away at the last second, delivering a counter that would almost hit flesh. They were fairly evenly matched. 'But I have endurance on my side. If I can wear him down, I'll be able to land a hit,' Círdan told himself as he sidestepped Bharavase's slice. Having practised swordplay since the moment he could pick up a weapon, Círdan was confident that he could outplay any elf his age, even if they appeared matched in skill. 'I will not lose this fight.'
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:26 pm

{{heehee yeah :3}}

. b h a r a v a s e .
Bharavase was pleased that the other was willing enough. He took a few steps back, carefully lifting his own satchel over his head and gently placing it on the meadow ground far enough from the training area but as close as he could so that he felt near to it. He noticed Círdan also took care in where he placed his bag, adding to Bhara's curiosity and suspicion. He then turned about and walked towards the weapon rack and grabbed one of the many staves lined along the object. Clutching the wooden stave, he turned back and halted in a position opposite the other elf. Bharavase concentrated on pushing aside his anxiety with something he was skilled at. By his opponent's expression, he guessed that Cirdan was confident of his abilities. He waited patiently as they stared at each other, his arms loose and expression almost nonchalant, feeling much calm with the weapon in his grip, even if it was a simple wooden one. When Cirdan moved, Bharavase reacted like lightning, flicking the wooden stave up to block the other elf's attack. The ensuing battle was fierce and Bharavase was somewhat frustrated by their equal skill, but delighted just as much to find someone so well trained. But he was concerned as well, knowing that something as rapid as this could shift at any moment, to either elf's advantage. He also did not know Cirdan's style, and the other male could be easily holding back different tactics. Bharavase had more to show, of course, if the weapons met in another way. As he fought, flashes of advice flickered in his mind, from his mentor Aeleth the Swift. Loosen yourself, do not hold rigid as a stone. Bharavase leapt about, moving in a circular pattern. His wooden weapon twisted in and out, flying to attack and then pulling back to block. He stepped back, allowing Cirdan to gain ground on him, but remained confident in his moves, though not enough to be considered arrogance.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:51 am

Círdan refrained from his usual form, instead standing almost to his full height. He used more power than he usually did, which left him open to counter attacks quite a lot, so he struggled to bring his weapon back in time to block Bharavase's attacks a few times. A laugh almost escaped his lips in the exhilaration of it, but as that would be most unlike him, Círdan kept a straight face, his brow only slightly furrowed in concentration. He didn't feel as though either of them were using their full strength yet--at least he certainly wasn't, and he felt Bharavase was most likely holding back at least a bit--but he also felt that both of them itched to unleash some of their full attacks to show up the other. Clenching his muscles, Círdan attacked again, now throwing a fury of jabs and slices against his opponent. Bharavase was forced to back up as he parried and dodged each of Círdan's relentless blows, and Círdan was suddenly made aware of how much they'd moved across the field in their sparring. They were now quite close to his bag, in which his egg lay. He'd have to try to get to his opponent's other side to pummel Bharavase away from it, to make sure they didn't hit it in their battle; it would be difficult, as Bharavase was quite the opponent--even if Círdan was unwilling to admit it--but he had to try. Suddenly, Bharavase took a might leap, preparing to lunge at Círdan, but the elf had gotten dangerously close to Círdan's satchel, the heel of his shoe practically leaning against the thin and unblemished side of the egg. Círdan's eyes widened in panic and anger, and before he realized what he was doing he'd rushed forward lightning-fast and struck Bharavase hard in the ribs with the handle of his staff, a furious shout escaping his throat. His dramatic change in attitude had caught Bharavase off-guard, Círdan saw him stumble back out of the corner of his eye. He felt a slight stab of guilt, but more than anything anger still burned in his veins. Círdan stood with his back to the other elf, eyeing his bag, searching for any telltale sign from outside that the egg had been harmed in any way. Somewhere in his mind, he knew he was overreacting, but the protective urge he'd felt to get Bharavase away from his dragon egg gave him the push he needed to finally land a hit. "Pay more attention to your surroundings," Círdan murmured icily, partly as advice and partly as an insult. He bent to retrieve his bag. The fight was over.

{{hope that's okay--let me know if there's anything you want me to change!! <3 }}
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:39 pm

{{nah it's all good <3}}

. b h a r a v a s e .
He readied a spring, hoping to be able to throw the other elf off balance a little. Somewhere in the back of his mind he noticed how the texture of the ground had changed beneath his thin moccasin shoes, and his right foot did not have the right traction any longer. Before he could step around, Círdan had charged at him with a roar, and Bharavase felt his opponent's weapon smack him in the side. He stumbled to the side, his eyes fixed on the other with a mixture of cold anger and surprise. Círdan had turned to his bag, which had been the thing Bharavase had felt beneath his foot. He was incredulous that the elf had reacted in such a dramatic way. But this lent more proof to his suspicions--there was something very secretive about this other elf, and what Bharavase guessed was in the bag was something he barely believed. Coming across another holding the very same secret he had was the lowest probability. But no, it could not be that. It was probably just some special fragile trinket that Círdan wanted to protect. Though he couldn't quite get himself to push aside the other theory.
Bharavase was smarting too, at the bruise he'd gained, but he said nothing about it. At the other male's cool words his eyes narrowed in the slightest way, and he did not say anything right away. "I am sorry I stepped so close to your precious belongings." he growled, but in a smooth, quiet tone, similar to the one Círdan had spoken to him in. He lowered his hands and turned to place the stave back on the weapon rack, then trotted to collect his own bag, reveling at the comfort it brought. He wondered if he would have had the same reaction if Círdan had stepped close to it. It gave him more and more bulk to add to his theory, which was somewhat a frightening idea.
He straightened his satchel, then turned abruptly and began to head away from the field, no longer wanting to interact. His attempt at being social had ended badly and had dimmed his confidence even more. But now, his greatest concern was his egg. He'd gotten much of the knowledge in his grasp. And now, he wanted to move along. For what if it did hatch for him? He couldn't be here in Ellesméra for that, no no. It was time to leave.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:04 pm

He stayed where he was as Bharavase left, waiting until he heard the elf's steps fade away until Círdan finally turned and placed his own wooden staff beside Bharavase's on the rack. He stared at it a moment, before leaving after Bharavase. Círdan thought deeply as he walked, oblivious to any other elves that might've passed him. He replayed the scene over in his mind, berating himself for acting so impulsively. Granted, that was quite characteristic of him, but still. Now Bharavase might be suspicious. Either way, Círdan decided, he had to leave Ellesméra, preferably that night. He had taken up temporary lodgings  a few nights ago, when he'd first gotten to the city, in one of the buildings reserved for guests; Círdan stopped by to inform them that he would no longer need to stay there. The sun had just fallen past the treetops of Du Weldenvarden by the time Círdan was leaving past the final sentinels of the great city. He had travelled less than half a mile from the edge of Ellesméra, when he thought he felt the presence of someone behind him. He continued on, giving no appearance of his discovery, but a few minutes later he spun around and crashed into the bushes, heading right for the follower. Whoever it was would have been able to evade him or counter his attack quite easily, but made barely a move to do so. Círdan grabbed the front of the elf's shirt with one hand, his forearm against his opponent's chest as he pushed him back against the trunk of a tree. He glared into the other's all-too-familiar reddish amber eyes, "Why are you following me?" he spat coldly at Bharavase, his pale eyes accusing and angry.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:38 pm

. b h a r a v a s e .
Bharavase was aware of someone else in the nearby vicinity, and became on high alert. It was somewhat of a surprise to see Círdan, but then somewhat not, as there had been so many coincidences involving the two elves. He let himself be shoved back, and hardly reacted, but gazed into those minty eyes, like chips of cold green ice, with an almost loosely indifferent stare. "I was not under the impression I was following you. But our paths seemed to be intertwined and fate has chosen to continually show us that." he murmured. With little effort he shoved Círdan's hand away and dusted his tunic off, nonchalant and steady. The walk through the outskirts of Ellesmera had given him time to cool off, and better organize himself. He watched the other young elf for a moment, when a sharp crack rang through the air.

Bharavase's fingers gave a twitch and his head leaped to his bag. Now, of all times! In the depths of his mind he held a strange fear that the egg was hatching not for him, but for the elf opposite him--yet it was possible. Shoving his hand into the satchel, turning away from Círdan, he fingered the smooth surface. Not a single mark. Bhara whipped around in confusion, but his eyes fell onto Círdan's bag and he understood. The pieces clicked into place--Círdan did have one too. And then a second later he felt movement beneath his fingers, still pressed against his egg, and the surface was broken by a small sliver. The elf no longer felt afraid of pulling out his treasure--the present company wouldn't tell, unless he gave away himself. Hurriedly Bharavase clutched his egg and tugged it out, placing it on the soft ground ever so carefully, and crouching down next to it. It rocked back and forth, back and forth. Faint squeaks came from inside. The beautiful, webbed dark purple surface gained more cracks each minute. Then, with a last heaving, it split fully apart and scattered the eggshells everywhere. The creature inside certainly wanted out.

The elf gazed, enraptured, by the majestic dark violet dragon standing before him.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:28 pm

He let Bharavase brush his hand away, but Círdan glared at him all the same, even as his mind turned Bharavase's words over a few times in his head. He was just about to respond when a sharp crack! rent the air. Círdan's eyes widened as both his hand and Bharavase's flew to their respective bags. Círdan tried to uncover his egg with one hand from where it was nestled in his bag, but Bharavase suddenly lifted out a brilliant purple egg from his satchel, touching it reverentially as he set it on the ground. 'He does have one. And it's hatching!' Círdan swiftly pulled his own egg out of his bag, discarding the clothing it was wrapped in and removing the satchel from his shoulders. Círdan felt the circumference of the egg, his pale, sensitive fingertips gently probing the smooth surface. He found a single, small crack in the egg, a dark mar on beautiful orange shell. He was just about to set his own egg on the ground when Bharavase's egg became more animated. It rolled to and fro, splitting cracks criss-crossing it's surface like breaking ice. Suddenly, it burst, throwing sprinkles of eggshell at them both. Círdan blinked incredulously, crouching to the ground and almost-absentmindedly setting his own egg on the ground beside him as the little purple dragon hiccuped lightly, gazing at Bharavase with brilliant amethyst eyes.

Círdan breathed in astonishment, finally turning his gaze to his egg as it rolled, hitting against his hand. He gently lifted his hand away, not daring to blink as his egg rolled and cracked, albeit in an almost gentler way than Bharavase's. Suddenly, it stopped moving. Círdan held his breath, waiting, when one piece of shell began moving up and down. It seemed like it was being pushed from inside. It gave way, and a little nose took it's place. The tiny nose pushed at the surrounding egg, making a hole big enough to stick it's head out of. A beautiful dragon the colour of the very egg it hatched from--but the hue of the orange more alive--blinked endearingly at Círdan, forcing it's shoulders and body through the egg, cracking it and breaking pieces off on it's way. Now fully out of it's decade-long home, the little beast cooed at the elf, brilliant orange-amber eyes gazing into pale green ones. Círdan stayed where he was, crouched low, and slowly reached out his left hand towards the dragon. It eagerly reached it's head up to meet him, and suddenly Círdan experienced an icy-hot burning sensation erupting from the contact. 'The gedwëy ignasia!' Círdan realized, as the pain subsided and a bright silver, twisted oval mark shone on his palm. He gazed at it in wonder, then slowly moved his eyes to his dragon. 'My dragon...' Currently, it was rolling about and cooing, but when it noticed Círdan looking at it, it righted itself. It crouched down and wiggled it's little hindquarters, grumbling playfully as it mock-glared at him, and lept right at Círdan's chest. Círdan gave a small cry as it soared to him, trying to open it's wings for a split second but failing pretty bad. It hit Círdan's stomach with a little scraping thud, and Círdan rocked back off of his heels in surprise and landed on the ground, the dragon somehow managing to stay clutched to the fabric of his tunic. He glanced down, blinking his eyes in annoyance at being tackled, watching the dragon with a slight frown on his face and his brows furrowing. There were now small slits in the front of this tunic where the dragon's claws had sunk in to keep itself anchored to him, but Círdan ignored the slight twinging sensation of the dragon's claws pricking against his skin. Large sunset-hued eyes looked up at him and the creature hiccuped, almost like a laugh, it's sunny eyes sparkling with happiness. The sight of it actually made a rare, small smile tug at the corners of Círdan's lips in spite of himself, and his own pale eyes reflected the joy of his dragon for just a moment.

Last edited by WalkingWithBarefeet on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:57 pm; edited 4 times in total
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:58 pm

. b h a r a v a s e .
One dragon was a rare spectacle, but two were beyond imaginable. Bharavase's gaze flickered from the purple beast to the twitching egg of Círdan's--orange and glimmering. But he was pulled back by a soft purring noise as the dragon with the heliotrope scales arched its back and unfurled its wings. It moved in a delicate manner, looking fantastically regal and proud as it peered about, long neck bent slightly and tail twitching. He met its gaze, his orange-crimson eyes locking onto beautiful amaranthine eyes, deepest violet mixed with flecks of blue and silver. From its expression it was almost judging him, eyeing him up, hesitating on coming closer, and Bharavase felt almost abashed in its presence. He wanted to reach out, but was hesitant. The dragon rumbled deeply and then approached him confidently. He lifted his hand, eyes wide. The slim little creature brought its head upwards to gently make contact with his hand. He nearly recoiled at the sudden blast of pain, but it had been expected and he carefully drew back, turning his hand to inspect the new mark. It stung slightly, but the agony was fading away. He looked down at the dragon, who seemed smug.

The presence of another's mind brushed against his, and he recognized the eerie melody of the dragon's thoughts. Bharavase lurked nervously, faintly probing the other mind with soft mental touches. The beast itself was sniffing his pants leg with mild interest. He relaxed himself, almost forgetting about Cirdan and the other egg-dragon, and watched the sleek purple creature with awe and adoration.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next