Rising Springs Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Roleplay

2 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hogwarts Roleplay - Page 2 Empty Re: Hogwarts Roleplay

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:13 pm

n o f a l o

After a time, Nofalo's mind drifted to Hogwarts and he realised they must be getting close soon, as they had been on the rail for several hours now. He cleared his throat quietly and uncurled himself, standing on the seats to reach up for his trunk to retrieve his robes. He half-stepped, half-jumped off the seats, taking the step or two towards the sliding compartment door, his hand hovering over the handle. "I'm going to change into my robes," he announced, looking at her over his shoulder, "I suggest you do the same soon."With that, he set off to find a bathroom compartment where he could change into his new black pants and off-white button-up, as well as slip on his dark robes. There was a short line at the bathrooms, but he soon got in and changed clothing, now headed back to the compartment with his normal clothing under his now-robed arm. Having grown up in the wizarding world,  he had worn robes before, but these were his first robes to be worn on a daily occasion. They felt heavy, but comfortable, and made something akin to excitement rise in his chest. Hogwarts-bound. As he neared the compartment, he stalled for a moment, worried that Eevana may have decided to change in the compartment and therefore he wanted to give her plenty of time. After a few minutes, he stepped tentatively towards the sliding door again, knocking a couple of times and them raising his eyes to peer inside. All was fine, so he slid open the door to return to his compartment companion and her rather moody owl.

Last edited by WalkingWithBarefeet on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:49 pm

e e v a n a

The small eleven-year-old stirred, her eyes flicking over to the boy across from her. She nodded shortly, and watched him leave the compartment. She then turned and reached up, stretching out her hands to get to her trunk. After a brief search she pulled out her Hogwarts robes and dropped down off the seat. Eevana lowered her hand to stroke her owl, pushing his cage further back against the seat. Then she slipped out of the compartment as well to find a bathroom. Even if she was alone, she wasn't going to just change in the compartment. It'd feel too strange. Once finished--it had been rather quick, at least for a girl, she thought. She didn't take long in comparison to many. Eevana hurried back to the compartment and slipped inside, stumbling a little. This was only the third or fourth time she'd worn robes--she'd been made to try them on before just to see. She saw the compartment was empty when she returned, and hurriedly put her clothes away and sat down next to Nakamoren's cage. She was settling just as Nofalo entered. The girl didn't make eye contact, but merely turned to stare out the window, feeling excitement build up in her as she watched the countryside.
After a short while a call came down the train. Hogwarts was in sight. Eevana peered out the window, clutching the windowsill. Her heart thumped as she took in her first view of the great castle. She reached out to smooth Nakamoren's feathers. A bit later they were pulling into the station, and Eevana's nerves had also increased greatly. She tried not to appear too stressed, but she could feel it shivering inside her. She collected herself, though, as the train came to a steady stop. The girl remembered that the trunks and owls would be collected, so she reluctantly left Nakamoren as the students began to leave the Hogwarts Express. Eevana scooted out before her compartment companion, wanting to slide off fast as she could and get away from the bulk of the crowd. A sharp call for "First-years!" rang out over the group, and she hurried along towards the rest of the smallest children. They were forced into boats, and soon were gliding out over the lake, the surface of which glowed in the moonlight. Eevana clutched herself, ignoring the child in front of her in the same boat, a tall mousy-haired boy. She concentrated on watching the castle loom ever closer, a mixture of fright and exhilaration rising in her.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

http://zoketi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:34 pm

n o f a l o

They waited in several minutes of silence--the girl looking out the window and stroking her unfriendly owl, while Nofalo curled his nose a bit as the bird hooted hostilely at him when he glanced at the cage. The boy huffed to himself, sliding a hand into his robes to wrap around his wand, feeling the wood that already felt so familiar, yet so strange. When the call came through that they were nearing the legendary school, Eevana hurridly clutched the windowsill like her life depended on it, eyes widening as she peered outside. Nofalo felt some sort of emotion--not quite excitement...perhaps, but mixed with worry, fear, hope--quite a tumult of feelings in his chest. He stood as the train rolled to a stop, and stood back as Eevana hurried out ahead of him. Glancing once behind him into the compartment, the boy stepped out into the throng of students and made his way to the platform, following the booming, yet kind voice, that hollered, "Firs' Years, this way!" and joining in the back of the collection of his classmates, several steps behind the others. As he was fairly tall for his age, he could see the towers of the castle, decorated in glittering windows and handing eaves. It truly was as intimidating, yet inviting, as he'd seen in the pictures. And now it was to be his home.

He and the other students were shepherded into boats. A girl with wild, red hair jabbered on in excitement to another girl in his boat, and the boy in the front joined in occasionaly, but he ignored the sounds of wonder from the other kids around him as they came upon the castle, his blue eyes fixed upon the looming building above.

((omg yay sorting im excited yeh))
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:55 pm

e e v a n a

She puffed out a slow breath, closing her eyes a moment and focusing on breathing. Relax.... she told herself. This is the moment you've been waiting for. As the boats bumped into the opposite docks, the children surged out and continued their trek into the school, up the stairs to wait, all nervous and excited. Eevana was clustered with some other kids she didn't know, and was ignoring their conversation by peering over the side of the stairs, trying to see all she could. It was so big... Her fingers squeezed the railing nervously as the crowd shuffled around again, eager voices pealing out through the hall.
After a few more moments the doors swung open, and the group's attention turned towards a woman who marched towards them, holding a scroll in one hand. She was dressed curiously; deep smoke-grey-hued robes adorned with chains and armor-like accessories, with a belt, long boots and gloves. Her hair trailed in a long braid down her back, and her face was angled and tough, yet she looked friendly. "Good evening," she announced, making the last whispering voices fall silent. A smile graced her face. "I am Gwenog Pye, deputy Headmistress and Professor of History of Magic. As I'm sure you all know, you are about to be sorted into your house. It will be done alphabetically, and in front of the entire school." That made Eevana's stomach twist. "Now, follow me." She turned around and opened the massive doors to lead them through, and the crowd surged behind her as they entered the famed Great Hall, glowing with light and activity.

[ so professor pye is now my fav atm. we needed a badass history of magic profosser since binns was dull xD i picture her as a super awesome warrior thing who likes to act out her lessons and is excellent at making her teaching interesting. this is because she was formerly an actor xD wow random okay ]
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:33 pm

((omg yes that is a perfect that sounds awesome she will be an awesome teacher now that you said 'acting out her lessons' omg i just imagine her like picking several students and being like 'okay now you're the enemy and i'm [some famous wizard warrior maybe lol idk] and then she like is dressed up in this cardboard rendering of armour or maybe even like legit armour clanking together and she runs at the 'enemy' like jumping over desks and letting out this wild war cry and like the first time it happens maybe some like little first year boy like collapses on the ground and starts crying and everyone else is screaming and omg omfg x''''''D))

n o f a l o

Nofalo listened to the witch who they now knew as the deputy Headmistress, his expression never erring from either slight wonder or impassive excitement. He was swept up in the throng of other first years following Professor Pye. He was on an edge of the filing of students, the edge of course that was open to the entirety of the student body. Which was, if he may say so, immense. They all cheered--though perhaps it was jeering, he couldn't quite tell with all the emotions and new sights and lights making his head spin--as the first years filed behind Pye and collected in a thin horseshoe clump facing the staff table almost like a group of wild animals huddling together for protection. Nofalo, still near the back of the group on the edge towards the students, took a moment to gaze anywhere but at other people. The ceiling seemed to fade into nonexistence, the night sky outside dancing above them. He knew it was an enchantment, but all the same it's scale was mesmerisingly massive. Professor Pye walked in front of the first years, carrying a stool and placed it on the floor after she went up the few steps onto the raised platform where the staff table sat. The stool was still a good deal in front of the professors, but Nofalo couldn't help but feel apprehensive. Then, Professor Pye fetched the ratty looking thing that was the Sorting Hat, placing it gently on the stool. It rustled itself, stretching cloth eyes and mouth, cleared it's throat, and began,

"A thousand years or more ago
When I was newly sewn,
There lived four wizards of renown,
Whose names are still well known:

Bold Gryffindor, from wild moor,
Fair Ravenclaw, from glen,
Sweet Hufflepuff, from valley broad,
Shrewd Slytherin, from fen.

They shared a wish, a hope, a dream,
They hatched a daring plan
To educate young sorcerers
Thus Hogwarts School began.

Now each of these four founders
Formed their own house, for each
Did value different virtues
In the ones they had to teach.

By Gryffindor, the bravest were
Prized far beyond the rest;
For Ravenclaw, the cleverest
Would always be the best;

For Hufflepuff, hard workers were
Most worthy of admission;
And power-hungry Slytherin
Loved those of great ambition.

While still alive they did divide
Their favourites from the throng,
Yet how to pick the worthy ones
When they were dead and gone?

Twas Gryffindor who found the way,
He whipped me off his head
The founders put some brains in me
So I could choose instead!

Now slip me snug about your ears,
I've never yet been wrong,
I'll have a look inside your mind
And tell where you belong!"

The entire Great Hall burst into applause as the Hat finished it's song, and the First Years--though at first startled--soon joined in. As the applause died down, Professor Pye stepped closer to the stool, beside and slightly in front of it, a scroll under her arm. She cast a quick gaze about the throng of First Years before her. The elegant yet intimidating woman took the scroll in both hands, and her voice rose as she spoke to the group. "When your name is called, you are to please step forward and sit on the stool, where I shall place the Sorting Hat upon each of your heads so that you may each be sorted into your Houses. They will be your family here at Hogwarts. Now then..." she looked down, unfurling the scroll and casting her eyes upon the first of the names with a ghost of a smile, "Shall we begin...?"

((tee hope that was okay ^^' I just used a song i found on the wiki page that wasn't Harry's ^^' i didn't wanna just create one so yeh lel hope that's fine))

Last edited by WalkingWithBarefeet on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:07 pm

[ omg yes so perfect looool x'D and ur post was fine <3 //rushes off to look up last names
so nof is before eev and i assume u wanna do his sorting, so i'll just make this a brief post with like some other first-years? ]

e e v a n a

She'd not expected the Sorting Hat's voice to be so...crisp. She recalled her brother mentioning how odd he thought it was that it sang a song. It was nice, though, and she quickly clapped a few times along with the rest of them. As quietness descended once more, she turned her attention to Professor Pye, listening apprehensively to her words. She nervously realized she'd be towards the end, since her last name began with the letter R. Hands twisting slightly against her abdomen, she watched as the first student was called up. It was only a moment before the hat called out, "Gryffindor!" Then, "Hufflepuff!" and "Hufflepuff!". It went on and on, and Eevana only became more anxious.

Last edited by Zoketi on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:28 pm

[ augh yesyes sorry <333 that's fine ]

n o f a l o

The young brunette boy heard only a murmuring of noise as Pye called forth name after name, a child stepping forward each time to be sorted into his or her House. His mind was swimming with nerves, but his face remained ever impassive. His brain seemed to open up of it's own accord as the professor neared the K surnames, and it was only a moment before he heard, "Kizuto, Nofalo." in her gentle yet commanding voice. He forced his legs to move, slowly weaving his way from the back of the now smaller group to the front, everyone nearby him turning to look at him as he passed. He could feel their gazes making his skin crawl, and he heard a few whispers questioning their friends nearby if they too saw the scars on his skin. He resisted the urge to slap a hand to his neck and face to cover up the marks, and instead gave a laboured swallow before he finally reached the thick steps up to the where Professor Pye stood waiting. It had felt like an eternity since his name had been called, but somewhere in the back of his mind he knew it had been mere seconds. He didn't look up at the woman beside him, and turned so his back was against the stool as he reached his hands behind himself to lift his body onto the wooden seat. He sat straight and still, hardly daring to even breathe. He had a moment's glance across the Great Hall--all the First Years yet to be sorted staring at him with their own nerves plain on their faces; the older students seated at their House Tables, faces ranging from joy to impatience, pride and neutrality. Then, the heavy, dark rim of the Sorting Hat obscured his vision as it was placed gently on his head.

It was lightly against his hair, then he felt it's proper weight as Professor Pye let the tip of it go so the Hat was now resting atop his brow of it's own accord. He blinked once, then twice, before he heard the grisly, low voice in his ears. "Hmmmm...a boy so young, yet already holding great secrets..." those words were said only to him, before the Sorting Hat's voice rose slightly so others might be able to hear some of it's words, though probably just those close enough to him such as Professor Pye and some of the First Years or staff at the table. "Intelligence abound, this one, but also a healthy dose of fear to hold it back. And oh, yes, ambition as well, burning hot to overcome what shortcomings you possess, to show those who look down on you that you are worthy...the House of the Lion or of the Raven would suit you well, but yet...So young, though so full of darkness. Yes....yes, darkness. It shall be your undoing, or the fire that will reforge you into the finest of your potential." A pause.
"Any words of wisdom, boy, hmmm?" it asked him, humming. Nofalo swallowed, shutting his eyes tightly, and waited. He didn't know if he agreed with everything the Hat had said about him, but he didn't care that much. He was used to people judging him immediately as it was. The Hat seemed to have heard his pessimistic thoughts to some extent, as it laughed gruffly in his ear. "Very well, boy. Up to the challenge. If that's what you feel, let us see how you do....in SLYTHERIN! Nofalo opened his eyes just as Pye removed the Hat from his head, applause and cheers erupting from table furthest to the left, where the students wore green-and-silver-striped ties and the emblem of a silver snake on a green field sewn upon their robes. He slid himself off the seat, glancing at Professor Pye for a split second as he made his way down the steps towards his new House. Her expression was blank, unreadable, and the young boy turned his head back forward quickly, looking at the floor and swallow thickly once more before nervously looking up to meet the faces of his Housemates as he walked towards them, blue-green eyes flickering anxiously as he returned their claps and handshakes with tight lips and tried to find a free seat among them. He ended up seated by a blonde First Year who was called in the B group, and to his right there was a couple free spaces before the next seat was taken by an older student than he. He did his best to respond to his Housemates words, but was relieved when the chatter died down again as the Sorting Ceremony continued. He spotted the girl, Eevana Rinarrn, in the dwindling group of Unsorted First-Years, and before long it was her turn to be called for Sorting. He had a feeling she would not be Sorted into Slytherin as he was, but he was mildly curious where the Hat would place her.

[ this is lonnnnnng overdue i knwo i sorry ;n; I don't really like what I had the Hat say to/about him, but I didn't wanna think too much on it or spend forever so i was like HWATEVER IT'S JUST THE SORTING IT DONESN'T MATTER THAT MUCH WE ALREADY KNOW THAT HES GOING TO SLYTHERIN so ugh ^^'''''' but yeh. yay! sorting. im jealous. *aggressively thrusts old tattered hat onto my own head* ]
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:15 pm

[ shh i loved ur post <3 and ikr ;; ]

e e v a n a

She had to forcibly concentrate on her breathing. Deep breath in, deep breath out. Her hands were shaking, her heart thudding rapidly. All the anxiety had built up to now, and in this moment she was close to a panic attack. However, she was able to remember the excitement, the bright side, and that kept her from breaking down. She hated that she was so close to collapsing, to buckling at the knees and sinking to the floor. She would not give in. Clenching her fists, she lifted her head and tried to focus on the names being called, the houses being yelled out by the tattered hat. A familiar one was called--it was the boy she'd sat with on the train. For a moment she was able to relax a little, curious as to where he would be Sorted. It wasn't too long before the Hat deemed him a Slytherin. Eevana took in a sharp breath and watched him as he moved off towards the table crowded with green and silver wearing students.

She jerked her head back to the front as the next student was called. Immediately she tensed again, and sunk back into the shaky fervor as the Sorting continued. L, M, N, O...it went on. Too soon, though, they reached the R's. After the first R name, Professor Pye called out "Rinarrn, Eevana." The girl's stomach dropped again, and she froze for a moment, feeling gazes swing around, searching through the crowd to find whomever this was. After a millisecond she stepped forwards, nearly tripping, and hopped up the steps to scramble onto the stool, sweaty and shaking. She stared over the vast Hall, then saw nothing but darkness as the hat was slipped over her head. It slid down her nose, and she flushed, wishing this wasn't in front of everyone. But at least it had seemed pretty common for the hat to hide eyes, for most of the First-Years. She waited mere moments before the Hat's old voice rang in her mind. She nearly jumped at first, hands clutching the stool as if falling meant death. "Let's see what we've got here, mm? Yes, a clever mind, and surprisingly tough for one so...insignificant. Quiet, certainly, but eager to prove herself." The hat paused a moment, and Eevana swallowed, wondering if it wanted her input, but she could barely think. "Hm, yes, you'll overcome some of that trembling, I hope. Well....RAVENCLAW!" With a flourish she could see again, as the hat was lifted from her head. Eevana slid off the stool and made a beeline for the table cheering the loudest, where students wore accessories of blue and bronze, an eagle accenting their robes. She stumbled her way towards an empty seat, merely nodding and forcing smiles to those who congratulated her. She plopped down near a taller first-year boy, one she recognized from earlier, and wrapped her arms around herself as the commotion died down. Another name rang out, and after a few curious glances and last words the older Ravenclaws had turned back to the front. Eevana could breathe again, though she was still as tense as a spooked rabbit. She stared towards what she could see of the front, awaiting the closure.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:45 pm

n o f a l o

The young Slytherin waited impassively as the Sorting Ceremony continued on, showing mild interest when the Rinarrn girl was sorted into Ravenclaw. Hm. Strange. She hadn't seemed all that intelligent to him. Eh, not that it mattered. Eventually, the Headmaster spoke some words--mostly nonsense, a few warnings, and warm welcomes--and then the feast began. Or rather, appeared. He could hear First-Year Muggleborns and Half-Bloods who hadn't been exposed to magic as much exclaim in wonder and excitement as the huge platters of delectable food were presented. Nofalo helped himself to some dinner, picking out a small chicken leg and some soft creamy mashed potatoes, as well as a small helping of assorted steamed vegetables and fancy fruit parfait, as well as a glass of pumpkin juice. It was definitely the best pumpkin juice he'd had. He picked at his plate, eating maybe half of the small helping he'd chosen. Honestly, he just wanted to get back to his dorm, and maybe start memorising his schedule once he'd been able to get a good bed location. The House Ghosts made their appearances, The Bloody Baron successfully scaring the pumpkin juice out of a few First Years, mostly ones in Houses other than Slytherin. Nofalo watched the ghosts' antics, and at some point his gaze slid to Eevana Rinarrn. She watched the ghosts--no doubt curious because of her Muggleborn status--but he could not see the expression on her face. The Bloody Baron floated through the Slytherin table, and Nofalo breathed out a laugh to himself. Was it some sort of irony, so sort of twisted divine work that he would be Sorted into Slytherin and the only other student who had so much as spoken to him, the only thing that was even close to a friend, was in Ravenclaw--when the Bloody Baron still wore Helena Ravenclaw's blood splattered on his spectral overcoat, metal shackles clinking loudly with the weight of his deeds; but laughing and joking with the best of them.

Finally, the Feast was over, and they were dismissed. The Head Boys rounded up First Years, and led them to their respective House Common Rooms. Nofalo followed his group down to the dungeons. They stopped between two seemingly normal torches--only two of many that lined the walls in the dank and damp recesses of the Hogwarts Dungeons. A plain stone wall was there, nothing different than the rest of the glistening and wet, grey walls. The Head Boy--an formal and serious looking chap with dark hair by the name of Henerick--spoke a password to the wall. Nofalo thought he said "Antimony," which, if he remembered correctly, was a highly toxic chemical used in potion-making. The wall shuddered, and it split and slid from the stones nearby, revealing a passage that was lit by green-fire torches. The students filed in, reaching the Slytherin Common Room after a short walk. A short introduction speech by Henerick was made, and the First Years were directed to their dormitories. Nofalo happily snagged a bed furthest from anyone else, in a corner by a window. He felt like it was his own little nook, and he was glad of it. He dragged his trunk over, and unpacked a few things. While all the other students were busy chatting and unpacking all manner of things to show to one another, Nofalo slipped out of the common room with a small bit of parchment in hand. After all, it wasn't after-hours yet, and they had a bit of time to wander if they wanted. He imagined some kids had even gone back to the Great Hall to slurp down second helpings of succulent desserts. Nofalo unfolded his parchment, where he had scribbled down his schedule as it was written out on the board in the common room for Slytherin First Years. He wandered through the castle, intent on finding his classes and figuring out his route. He didn't fancy sitting in the common room surrounded by the commotion of everyone else, and preferred celebrating on his own anyway. He was far less likely to see anyone this way, and therefore less likely to be brought into conversation with large groups he didn't know and questions he didn't want to be asked. He knew some of his classmates were already talking about him, spreading rumours of being beaten up by all manner of creatures from big and deadly to small and pathetic. He hadn't expected any less from any of them.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:21 am

e e v a n a

As the feast began, she managed to relax a little. Everyone's mind was on the food now, for the most part, and the Great Hall was filled with happy chatter. Eevana stared at the platters of food for a moment until she remembered she ought to eat. She wasn't hungry in the slightest, due to her nerves, but she knew it would be best to get some sustenance or she'd be hungry later. With a little sigh she pulled a ripe plum from a bowl of fruit and began nibbling on that, all the while staring around at the other students, the Hall itself, and the staff up front. She was pleased that no one seemed to be talking to her, though at the same time oddly disappointed. With the appearance of the House Ghosts, Eevana kept her eyes down, afraid of being singled out by one for anything her irrational thoughts might come up with. Of course, though, The Grey Lady wasn't the most exuberant of beings, and she more or less drifted through the table, giving gentle nods to the students. Eevana had heard from her brother that Helena Ravenclaw was neither social nor friendly, and the first-year supposed that was a good thing. Almost similar to her, though Eev did her best to be friendly if she had to. She turned her attention to the other ghosts, watching the Fat Friar entertain some Hufflepuffs, and Nearly Headless Nick once more explain the reason for his nickname, to the horror of some young Gryffindors. And then the Bloody Baron, scaring first-years with his entrance. As her gaze swept over the far table, she caught a brief glimpse of Nofalo Kizuto. He didn't seem to be enjoying himself much, rather, he looked quiet and unimpressed. "Hey," A voice disturbed her thoughts, and she swung her head around to face a taller mousy-haired boy who was a seat away from her. "Could you pass the potatoes?" he asked, seemingly scrutinizing the green-eyed girl. Eevana blinked, then hastily grabbed the bowl and set it down on the table near the other's plate. "Thanks." He replied, raising a brow as if questioning her silence. Eevana merely twisted her hands in her lap and gave a quick nod. "Quiet, hm? You'll get used to it, kid. First few weeks are always rough--no sugar-coatin' that. So tell me your name, at least. Gotta make one friend, right?" The boy went on. Eevana shifted. Hadn't she already made a friend? The Slytherin boy, Nofalo, was he her friend? She didn't know. After a moment she found her voice and lifted her head to reply. "Y-yeah. I'm Eevana Rinarrn." she stammered. The other Ravenclaw smiled at her, sort of a cocky, satisfied look. "It's a pleasure, first-year. My name's Callum Ventmoor, or just Cal. Third-year."

The boy glanced up to the front as the Headmaster's voice rang out over the Hall, and Eevana quickly turned her attention that way too. Ah, dismissal at last. She hopped off the bench and scooted away before Callum could say anything more, following the calls of the Ravenclaw Head Boy--a stout but well-muscled and rather good looking character who introduced himself as Isaac. He led the first-years out of the Great Hall and up the steps, before winding down hallways and paths that Eevana found quite alarming--how was she to remember all this? At last they reached Ravenclaw tower, and there stood an old wooden door with a knocker. Isaac approached and knocked on the door. A smooth, airy female voice poured out with a question. "What does one give a hippogriff?" Isaac glanced back at the group of youngsters, winked, and replied, "Respect." The female voice went on to say, "Correct," and the door swung open. The students filed in, entering a round, somewhat small but homey looking common room. After a brief spiel from Isaac, the first-years moved to the dormitories, finding their belongs already settled in by the beds. Eevana was extra relieved to find a place where she could curl up and snooze, for she felt winded and completely worn. She grabbed whatever bed was not taken by the rush of other girls, and dragged her trunk to the end of the bed. It was nearest the large window, for which she was glad, for she had a feeling she'd be sitting on the ledge watching the days go by or doing homework there. She finally smiled, and sat down on the edge of her bed with a heavy sigh. Although tired, she didn't really want to go to sleep. Besides, the rest of the girls--four others, to be exact, were making quite a racket with chatter and arranging trunks and belongings. Eevana was relieved they left her alone. One of them had offered help, but she had denied it. Perhaps she'd regret it later. Getting up, the girl stretched and flexed her fingers together. She ignored the few stares she got from the other first-years and wound down the staircase to the common room, which was filled with mostly older students, catching up and conversing loudly. The whole social atmosphere set Eevana on edge, yet at the same time it was welcoming. It was like she knew she belonged and she was glad of it. Still, she didn't want to sit around in the common room listening to the chatter--though, some of it would surely be interesting, and her curious little mind was no stranger to eavesdropping...but perhaps she'd go explore instead. One of her fears was getting lost in the castle, and she wanted to get her schedule straight as soon as she could. She pulled out the crumpled piece of parchment from a pocket and studied it thoughtfully. Well, she had time, right? With a last glance around the room she headed for the door and pushed her way out into the hall. A map would be helpful, but for now she'd wing it. Besides, maybe the paintings would help? She nervously glanced at the wall, where the nearest frame held a painting of maiden and a unicorn. The maiden waved, Eevana blushed, and she hurried on, feeling her pocket where she'd stuck her wand.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:07 pm

[ by all the GODS I'm rusty as all hell. Sorry for my mediocre writing omfg >.< ;n;;;;; but im still glad we're getting back into this rp ^^' <3 ]

n o f a l o

The poor boy wandered, flipping his schedule this way and that as if it would lead him to his first class of his Hogwarts career, Charms, if only he could find the correct angle. Next to the times and names of the classes, a room number and corridor were listed in small letters.

9:45-10:45: Charms ~3F, Classroom 2E; Charms Corridor

He could figure that out well enough, but which side of this massive castle was the Charms Corridor even on? He assumed the 2E part of the Classroom designation must mean East, so that's what he attempted first. If only he knew which way was East. This castle was a maze. He was suddenly jerked to the side, and realised he had foolishly stopped in the middle of one of the moving staircases. As it shook to a halt, the young boy hurried to the new landing, intent on reaching more solid ground. He looked about him, but there was nothing to help. Suddenly, a voice from behind: "Now, boy, you lost already?" it was old, it sounded like something scraping on parchment, but it sounded friendly enough. Nofalo turned, and saw a portrait of an elderly shepherd looking at him under long grey eyebrows, a knotted shepherd's crook in his right hand. Sheep baa-ed at Nofalo from the painting, waiting for his answer. "H-how do you know?" he stumbled out, unsure. "Oh, my dear boy, no need to be frightened. Every First Year stumbles about the castle for the first few weeks! Nothing to be ashamed of. I've been here for years, and that's one of the things that never changes. You'll know your way around, you'll see." the grisled old man turned, seeming like he was going to head off elsewhere. "Wait!" Nofalo suddenly called, surprising himself. Before he changed his mind, he walked up beside the painting as the man turned back to look at him. "Could you perhaps tell me...which way to the Charms Corridor...?" the man kindly laughed, and gestured for Nofalo to show him his schedule. He gave instructions on locations for all his classes, which Nofalo hastily scribbled out onto his parchment with a spare quill he'd brought from home, the kind that didn't need constant dipping in ink but would need refilling after too many uses. He silently thanked his mother for making him bring it along. Even the old man's instructions were a bit hard to figure out, as the castle was large and Nofalo had scarcely had the time to begin to store memorised landmarks in him mind, but he knew anything might help. He thanked the man, the first true kindness he'd seen since he hugged his mother farewell at King's Cross, and continued on his way. He found the Charms classroom easily enough; as it was first on his list, the shepherd had pointed him in the right direction before he'd left.

Next, was Transfiguration. GF, Classroom 1B it seemed. The man had told him it was around the Middle Courtyard. Hopefully that would be easy. Nofalo set off, finally excited. He looked forward to finding his classes, and soon be able to attend them and truly learn magic. He wasn't so intimidated by the castle now, and even though he'd clearly recognised it's magnificence before, now it was already beginning to feel like...home.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:28 pm

[ it's not mediocre it's beautiful 8)
-turns on HP music- I'm ready <3 ]

e e v a n a

She lifted up the parchment and studied it for a moment. First class was...Herbology. Greenhouse A. Well, that seemed straightforwards as long as she could find the greenhouses. Hm. That was a good distance from Ravenclaw Tower, she was sure. She supposed she'd better get used to lots of exercise, running around the castle. Trotting down the staircase and turning onto a hallway, she peered about, a little smile flitting about her mouth as she gazed down the path, lined with queer statues. Finally, she was at Hogwarts. Eevana's eyes glittered as she stepped forwards again, retracing the path that the Head Boy had led them from the Great Hall. She could only remember the last few twists and turns, and once she got to the vast section of moving staircases she realized she had no recollection of which way to go now. No surprise, considering the staircases were constantly in motion. She stayed back on a platform, simply staring down and watching other students trek across the multitude of paths. She sighed. Maybe...maybe she'd just follow her fellow first-years to get there when classes begun. After all, she wasn't even sure if she was allowed outside the castle now. Staring back down at her schedule, Eevana trailed her finger down to the second class on Monday. Transfiguration: GF, Classroom 1B. Where the blazes was that at? Guess it was time to find some assistance around here. She nervously glanced upwards at the wall, where a painting of three women was fixed. They were ignoring her, so she took the stairs down to the next level and was met with a pair of what looked to be Hufflepuff students marching her way. Eevana darted to the right to avoid them, and she swore she heard snickering as they went past. Balling her fists, she scuffed the ground with her shoe and trekked forwards into the hallway. Staring at the schedule once more, she walked slowly along. It wasn't long before she heard a soft voice. "Lost, missy?" The girl spun around to face one of the paintings. A strange beast stared at her. It had the forequarters of a horse, and the hindquarters of a giant fish tail. It was set in a beautiful watery background. "Don't worry, I do this every year. Every first-year gets lost. Where you off to, then?" said the creature. Eevana lifted the parchment up for it to see, pointing to the Transfiguration time. "Ahah, figure-dee-doos. Listen up." It delved into a detailed explanation of which path she ought to take. It seemed to have practiced this, for she was able to understand it well enough. "Thanks," she managed to squeak out, as she stepped back and turned to the moving staircases again.

Winding through a hallway, she came to a halt upon finding a door marked "Classroom 1B". Curious, she pushed it open, only to find desks and chairs and an assortment of cabinets. Eevana glanced behind her, then slipped into the room, surprised at her own daring. Yes, this looked like a good classroom. But she had nothing to judge against of course. She put her schedule down on one of the desks and pulled out her wand, fingering it excitedly.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:52 pm

[ you must not tell liesssssss :* but you too kind <333 <:D ]

n o f a l o

Nofalo was able to find the Transfiguration classroom with only a couple wrong turns, as opposed to wandering aimlessly as how he had begun on his class-finding journey. He looked up at the sturdy wooden door with metal bracings, allowing himself a satisfied smile at the plate marked 'Transfiguration' in large stylised letters, and a small 'Classroom 1B' below it, nearly entirely faded. Just as he was about to turn away to find the next class--intending on skipping the search for Herbology as he knew those classes were in the greenhouses outside, and he was sure it was too late to explore the Grounds--of Defense Against the Dark Arts, the young boy heard a sound from beyond the door behind him. It had been only a quick noise, but the unmistakable sound of a wooden chair scraping the stone ground. He stared at the door for a few seconds, then quietly pocketed his parchment of classes. He wondered if it was the Transfiguration instructor, Professor Smethey. But wouldn't the teachers be out making sure everything was in place? It was only the first evening, after all. Nofalo rested a hand on the hard wood, soundlessly pushing the door open. It wasn't locked, nor even closed entirely for that matter. It swung on hinges recently oiled, probably for start of first term. He took in the room for only a moment, his eyes naturally drawn to the head of blonde hair belonging to the girl who sat at a desk a few rows in. 'Wait, isn't that....?' Nofalo entered the room, letting his hand trail behind him slowly to stop the door from clanging shut, and once he knew it would be quiet he replaced both hands into the pockets of his black school pants, swishing his robe aside slightly. "...Eevana Rinarrn, right?" he spoke up, his voice passive, bored. Her hair furled about her as she turned her head abruptly, hazel eyes meeting his blue-green before she glanced at the floor for a moment, nodding. The boy made a small hmm-ing sound in his throat, strolling between the two rows of desks slowly, stopping a row behind hers. He blinked a few times, tried to smile a bit, and nodded just slightly to the Ravenclaw emblem embroidered on the breast of her robes. "Ravenclaw, I see. Perhaps we'll have some classes together..." he trailed off, unsure. Would she even want to have classes with him? He hadn't been very nice to her. Though he hadn't been completely rude either. If he was being honest, he was trying to work on being nicer to everyone in general. His mother had scolded him about first impressions numerous times before he left. For months, in fact. Nearly the moment they recieved his acceptance letter. He did not want to worry her any further; he loved his mother dearly. But he did feel she believed in people too much. Though there was no harm in trying, he supposed. He watched the girl as she sat, wondering if she would say anything. He wondered why she was there. Perhaps she was off looking for her classes as well. Somewhere in his heart, he hoped they would have at least one lesson together. It was comforting to have a face nearby, even slightly friendly. He laughed to himself--perhaps he was turning into the gentle-hearted optimist his mother was after all.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:43 pm

[ i spoke no liesssss c;
also rip my muse again ]

e e v a n a

Pulling out a chair from one of the desks, the girl winced at the creaky noise, but slid into the seat and lifted her head, staring around the room again as if taking it from this new perspective. It was only moments before she heard steps and tensed, and then a voice rang out through the stillness, calling her name. She swung around, only to find a familiar face. Nofalo. She gave the smallest of nods with her eyes back to the floor, and stayed watching the wooden slats until she heard the boy come closer, moving through the line of desks. Lifting her head, she blinked as he mentioned Ravenclaw, and her own gaze instinctively shot to the Slytherin crest on his robes. Eevana nodded again. Yes, it would be nice to have one familiar presence in classes with her, even if they weren't quite friends or anything. She wasn't sure what to call their relationship. It seemed so tense and formal, yet there was undertones of warmth. Like they wanted to be friends, but weren't sure how to go about doing that. Eevana pressed her hand over her schedule for a moment, glancing back towards it. A sudden question popped in her mind and she decided to act on it, and be brave. Attention swinging back to the boy, she quipped, "May I see your schedule?" She lifted the piece of parchment with her own timetable on it, offering for him to see hers so that it would be fair.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:55 pm

[  cri ;; must resurrect ur muse *holds a seance* ]

n o f a l o

He stared at her, surprised. She...hoped they had lessons together as well? Nofalo blinked, and his mouth lifted in a small smile at her. He didn't have to force it, either. To be honest he didn't even realise he was smiling at first. He slid out the chair next to her, careful to pick it up a bit so it wouldn't cause an ear-rattling noise. He dropped himself into the seat, taking out his parchment and unfolding it. His ears turned a bit red as he remembered he had his messy scrawl next to the classes that old man from the painting had given him directions to. He knew he was being silly, but he couldn't help but be afraid she would dislike him for his penmanship or other little things now that they stood in this crossroads. That was a bit dramatic, he knew, but it felt like one at least. When they left this room, he felt like there was a possibility they might leave as friends. Real, actual friends--or at least something closer to it than the sort-of-acquaintances-or-something they were now. And though he didn't want to admit it, he hoped desperately that that would happen. He wanted to believe it was just because he was in a new place, surrounded by new things and new people, but he knew it was something other than that as well. He slid her parchment just a little closer, and they began comparing their schedules. "....Mmm, looks like we do have this class together, for Mondays and Tuesdays..." he said, pointing to her Transfiguration block, which matched his own. She nodded in agreement, seemingly happy enough, which fueled his enthusiasm. "Then History of Magic, Transfiguration, and Astronomy," he murmured, looking at Wednesday. He still felt kind of weird, but he thought he might have seen her small smile and for that was glad. She pointed a finger at their Thursday and Friday blocks, bringing his attention to the fact that they'd have Flying and Potions double block together Thursdays and Fridays respectively. Part of him dreaded the flying--he had always wished to fly, true; who hadn't? But he couldn't help but feel like a broomstick was not going to be his way. He would try, yes, but he would prefer something like a hippogriff or even a dragon, if they could be tamed. He just didn't feel as though he and brooms would mix that well. Maybe something in him trusted other animals more than the strange magical consciousness of brooms. He dismissed his reverie, and focused back upon the schedules. He would remember which classes they had together--or at least he'd try. He wondered if they had to sit according to House or not. Though he wasn't sure if it wouldn't be free of awkwardness if they sat next to each other in a class full of their peers yet anyway. He looked forward to his classes; he looked forward to tomorrow.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:25 am

[ <3 ]

e e v a n a

The smile was a nice touch to his face, it made him seem lighter and more...well, happy. Obviously. She sat up straight in her chair as he took the seat next to hers, and peered curiously as he took out his own schedule. She set hers down on the desk and let him push it closer to his parchment so they could study them side-by-side. After a quick look, she determined they did have some classes together, which made her pleased. As he spoke she nodded agreement, eyes flickering over the mentioned courses. Folding her hands neatly in her lap, she smiled slightly, delighted by the prospect of having an actual friend. Someone who wasn't related to her, yet shared a bond. In fact, she couldn't stop smiling for the time being. Her gaze remained directed towards the schedules, as if ashamed of making eye contact. She just wasn't used to being so open with her emotions in this sense, and it did make her uncomfortable. But, she was glad all the same, and perhaps her shyness was a good thing. It kept her somewhat polite, right? Eevana poked her finger towards the Thursday and Friday time slots, imagining both would be fun. Potions, she'd be interested in that a good deal, for she loved the thought of creating elixirs and all sorts of magical substances. As for Flying, well, that was a bit different. She'd never flown before, not ever. Her father had forbid it for some reason. Aku had taken to brooms after he'd gone to Hogwarts for the first time, but Eevana had never been allowed to ride one under any circumstance. Perhaps it had just been her father's overprotective nature. He'd never been happy with flying in general, which seemed odd for a wizard. Such a popular sport Quidditch was it was strange that he was less than fond of it. Maybe it was just that he liked his hippogriff better. Eevana's smile widened a moment at the thought.

"I guess we've got a lot of classes together. That's great!" she murmured, lifting her head and still smiling shyly, feeling courageous.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:56 am

[ :* ]

n o f a l o

Nofalo returned her smile, heartened that she was glad as well. "Yes, I suppose it is..." he spoke quietly in return. Suddenly there was the sound of a clock chiming, and he whirled his head around to it's source--a grandfather clock against the far wall. It chimed 10 pm, which of course was, "Curfew..."Nofalo realised, and rose to his feet, pocketing his timetable. He pushed in his chair and moved into the aisle, giving Eevana room. They hurried to the classroom door together, pushing the heavy wood open on it's quiet hinges, letting it slam a bit as they entered the hallway. Immediately they sped off in the same direction, stumbling around corners that came sooner than they thought and backtracking when they missed a turn, breathlessly laughing at their own rushed follies. Eventually, they abruptly turned two different ways--Nofalo, towards the hallway that had a turnoff to the stairs that would lead to the dungeons, and Eevana to a staircase that led up. Ravenclaw's common room must be somewhere in a tower, or at least the upper part of the castle. Then again, Slytherin was about as low as you could get--he'd heard that sometimes you could see the Giant Squid of the Great Lake swim by one of the windows in the common room. The two students--one blue, one green--had skidded to a halt when they realised this was where they had to part ways. There was a little alcove behind a statue by the corner that would divide their routes, and Nofalo's hand was still gripped around the base of it as he'd used it to help swing his body around in his haste. She was a couple steps up, looking down at him now and breathing a bit hard, as he was. He stepped forward, taking a step up her staircase. They were nearly the same height, even with him one whole step down. After a few moments of looking at each other, the only sound the grating of the moving staircases and their laboured breathing, Nofalo raised his hand to her, trying to make his expression as amiable as possible. "Goodbye, Eevana. I'll...see you in Transfiguration, then." He smiled at her, tripping over his words and his own voice a bit as he added, "Uhm, I hope you sleep well," he frowned at himself, wishing he hadn't sounded so silly. Nofalo felt heat flare a bit up his neck, touching his cheeks and ears slightly. He hoped she wouldn't notice, hoped his face was already flushed from their race through the castle. Granted, it hadn't been that far. In his embarrassment, his eyebrows furrowed a bit and his mouth formed a more apologetic smile, and he resisted the urge to roll up onto the balls of his feet to try and quell the nerves rising within him.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:22 am

e e v a n a

The clanging sound of the grandfather clock startled her, and she glanced around just as Nofalo did, eyes narrowing as she realized what it meant. She snatched her own schedule and stuffed in her robes, then scooted out of the chair and hurried towards the door with the boy. Out into the hallway, they raced through the castle. Eevana was able to relax and actually laugh even, as they scampered down halls and up stairs, down winding paths and archways. She was actually...having fun. But soon it came time for them to separate, and as the two broke apart to follow different paths they turned around and stared at one another. Eevana lingered on the staircase, and watched in breathless silence as the boy stepped up to the stair below her. She was able to meet his gaze easily, though her brows furrowed in mild indignant frustration at her short height. A few moments passed in utter silence--aside from their breathing and the noises of the castle--but when Nofalo spoke the girl relaxed a little more and her expression brought back a smile. Her eyes lit up, and she lifted a hand to twirl a strand of her brown-tipped hair. "Bye. You too," she replied shyly, blushing herself as if his embarrassment was contagious. She held out a hand for him to shake, almost a playful gesture. As he took it she managed a grin, before their hands fell apart and the moment slowly dissipated. "Goodnight," she added as she turned around to head up the steps. A last glance was cast down towards the boy, and warmth swelled within her. Friends? She thought so. With a bounce in her step, she hurried up the stairs and continued on her path towards the Ravenclaw dormitories. It didn't take her too long to wind back towards the heavy brown door with the knocker. The painting of the maiden and unicorn glittered on the opposite wall, and Eevana studied it for a moment, more confident. The maiden waved again, a smile gracing her beautiful face, and Eevana lifted a hand to wave sheepishly back. Then she turned and pulled the knocker of the door. The airy female voice rang out again. "A sphinx speaks in what?" Eevana blinked, that was an easy one. Perhaps the magic of the door could tell who was outside, and give them a question based on their age. It seemed a rational theory. She lifted her head and replied, "Riddles." The voice answered, "Indeed," before swinging open, and Eevana hurriedly stepped into the common room, some of her anxiety creeping back as she noticed other students still hanging around. Some of them gave her looks, which she awkwardly ignored, turning her gaze to the carpeted floor and walking quickly towards the stairs that led to the girls' dormitories. Panting, she entered the First-Year dorms and poked her head in to see two other girls were asleep. The other two must be down in the common room. Eevana wound her way to her bed and sat down with a sigh, then smiled to herself. She kicked off her shoes and opened her trunk, pulling out a nightshirt and pants. She dove under the covers of the bed to change, then stuck her clothes in one of the drawers of the dresser that sat near her bed. She'd do more unpacking later. Yawning, the blonde-haired child pulled out her wand and flopped down on her bed. She twirled it between her fingers, giddy excitement building within her. After a short time, though, she placed the wand on the bedside table and curled up beneath the sheets. She hugged the stuffed leopard toy she'd brought with her, and eventually fell into a restful slumber.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:05 pm

n o f a l o

Nofalo smiled graciously as she returned his words, and he watched as she took the next couple steps up the staircase before he turned and hopped down, a new skip in his step. The young Slytherin made his way down to the dungeons, the air getting cooler and more moist as he descended, but he hardly noticed. He smiled the whole way back to the blank stone wall where he thought the entrance to the Slytherin common room was. He rested a hand on the damp slates, his smile faded from his face. The young boy looked about him, then murmured, "Antimony." The wall shuddered beneath his palm, and Nofalo withdrew his hand quickly as the wall split and slid back. Breathing a sigh of relief, the Slytherin returned to the common room, and marched past the green torches and comfy armchairs and sofas, adorned with threaded pillows of green and silver, some with snake patterns swirling about them. He thought one of his upperclassmen jeered at him, asking where he'd gone, off to meet his boyfriend already? but Nofalo ignored the comment and took the stairs up to the dormitories two at a time, pushing open the door to the boys side. There were three other boys that were First Year Slytherins besides himself, and he'd seen two of them downstairs talking. The third was asleep, head buried in his pillow. Nofalo went to his bed, the one tucked in the corner by a large window, happy again with the location. He slid off his robes, folding them and stuffing them in a drawer of the dresser beside his bed. As he did, he heard a quiet scratching noise and glanced up to see the previously empty tarnished silver plaque on the backboard of the dresser was the cause. Letters appeared upon it, scratched into the metal, a messy sort of scrawl but still easily readable.

Nofalo Kizuto

He smiled at the magic, and glanced down at the silver shavings now fallen on the top of the dresser. Hesitantly, the boy took out his wand from his pants pocket, and pointed it lightly at the shining slivers. He waved it carefully but with determination, and after a few seconds the slivers floated and swirled in the air, gathering in a little pile neat atop the dark wood. He smiled, and decided maybe once he'd learnt more magic he'd try to form it into a mini statue or something. The boy removed his Slytherin tie, resting it atop his robes, and kicked off his shoes beside his bed. There was a little bottom drawer labeled 'Laundry' on the dresser, and he slid his socks from the day inside, wondering if when he opened the drawer in the morning they'd be clean. Nofalo clicked open his trunk, digging inside for a nightshirt and pants. He decided he'd unpack more later, hoping to be finished by week's end. The boy noticed a door, nearish his bed that was nearly opposite the door to the First Year Boy's dorm. It was labeled 'Lavatory', and the young boy gave a quiet knock before pushing the door open. The lights flickered on as he entered to reveal a small bathroom, with only a toilet and a sink, a mirror tarnished around the edges with silver border adorning it. Snake carvings and shapes that reminded him of the Forbidden Forest were carved in the silver. A tub with a showerhead sat in the corner, green curtain with silver hooks and silver edging pulled open. Nofalo went back to grab the rest of his toiletries from his trunk, and returned to the lavatory, changing into nightclothes and brushing his teeth. He watched his reflection in the mirror, looking at the cut on his chin and the scraps on his arms; the bruises by his neck and shoulder. He finished, taking his things out with him, and putting everything in their proper places before climbing into bed. He held his wand in his hand, running long pale fingers along the shape of it. He marveled at the bond between wand and wizard, and wondered what it had seen in him to make him worthy of it's choosing him from all others. Excitement tickled inside his stomach, flipping around the little bit of dinner he'd eaten hours earlier. The child carefully lay his wand on the bedside table, turning onto his side. He looked at it until sleep came, knowing when he woke up, everything would begin.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:43 pm

e e v a n a

Eevana stared at the clock. 6:42 am. A little groan escaped her, and she rolled over, staring at the ceiling with dull hazel eyes. She was too nervous and excited to sleep more, yet she was still tired all the same. Sighing, the girl flipped back over and shut her eyes, letting out a little huff as she concentrated on relaxing. Just a few more hours.

She must have managed it, because next thing she knew she was stirring to an alarm. Peeking her eyes open, she swiped out a hand and turned it off. 8:00 am. Finally. Eevana sat up and kicked the covers away, then hopped down off the bed and stuck her feet in the little slippers she'd brought along. No one else was awake yet, and she was quite glad of it. Bending, she rummaged in her trunk for the other set of robes and gathered her clothes, along with toiletries. Then she hurried to the small bathroom at the end of the room, pushed her way in, and locked the door behind her. The shower took only ten minutes, as usual, and she stepped out, wrapping a towel around her petite form and drying off quickly. Clothes were hurriedly adorned, then she stepped out of the lavatory, put her pajamas in one of the dresser drawers, and scrambled to find a brush. Once her hair was groomed, she sat down on the bed and weaved it into a long single braid. Satisfied, she glanced towards the clock on the bedside table again. 8:21 am. Breakfast wasn't til 9:00, what was she to do until then? Well, perhaps she could just go down early and find a seat. Eevana grabbed her wand and schedule and stuck them in her shoulder-bag, then hastily made her bed and quietly exited the First-Year girls' dorms, trotting to the common room downstairs. It was nearly empty, but a few students lounged around here and there. No one paid her any attention until she was halfway across the room. "Rinarrn!"

Spinning around, the child spotted a vaguely familiar face. It was the mousy-haired third-year, Callum Ventmoor. She blinked, twisting her hands against her abdomen. "Y-yes?" Eevana responded after a moment, growing hot under the stares of the rest of the students who'd turned to look. Ventmoor was sitting with another boy, a lanky blonde with grey-blue eyes. "Where you going so early?" Ventmoor asked, raising a brow. "Breakfast..." came Eevana's nervous reply.  "Food won't be there til nine, ya know." The older Ravenclaw commented, tapping his wand against his leg. "I know," the girl shifted, wanting to scoot away and vanish. An invisibility cloak would be nice. "Well, go on then. Good luck on your first day, ey?" Ventmoor called as she began to turn back towards the dormitory entrance. "Thanks," Eevana whispered with a nod, and hurried away. She realized, as she pushed open the door and stepped into the corridor, that she hadn't seen her brother since the feast last night. Well, knowing him he wouldn't be up til he had to be, so she'd just have to find him later. The girl trotted her way down, taking directions from a pair of painted princesses on one of the walls. Upon reaching the Great Hall, she saw it was nearly devoid of anyone. Only five students lingered. One Slytherin, two Hufflepuffs, a Ravenclaw, and a Gryffindor. No staff were present. Eevana nervously walked down the hall until she hoisted herself onto a seat at the Ravenclaw table, and pulled out the notebook and muggle pencils she kept in her bag. Turning to an empty page, she began to doodle a lion, thinking of Gryffindor.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:52 pm

n o f a l o

Nofalo woke a few minutes before 8 am, and lay in bed for a little bit the steel himself for the day. Finally, he couldn't take it any longer. The boy kicked off his blankets, grabbing a clean shirt and pair of pants, as well as undergarments from his trunk. He walked over to the bathroom door, looking back into the dorm room. All of the other boys were still asleep. Nofalo pushed his way into the bathroom, and set about preparing for the day. He showered quickly, towel drying his hair in a rush. It stuck up in strange directions, but he realised with a sense of independent joy that he no longer had parents hovering--mainly his mother--who would fuss if he didn't comb his hair straight after washing. Nofalo clamped his towel around his waist, reaching into his satchel of toiletries to withdraw his poultice that his mother made him. It was one of her own recipes of some healing lotion that was supposed to help his scratches and scars to heal better, with less noticeable traces left on his skin. It worked well. He didn't really care, but his mother wanted him to use it. If they were regular scraps and punctures, they would've been healed quickly--but he didn't know if even Madame Derwent would be able to fully heal injuries inflicted by a werewolf's claws and teeth. After the soft poultice was applied and he'd let it dry, the young boy pulled on his off-white button-up, long fingers fumbling with the buttons in his haste. He pulled on his underclothes and then his black pants. He grabbed his black belt, pulling it through the loops on his pants, holding the waistband up with the belt as he pulled his pants into position before fastening the belt together. He made sure it was tight enough so they would slouch down, and then the boy returned to the dorm. One of his dormmates was yawning sleepily with lidded eyes, stretching while sitting up in his four-poster. The other was trying to shake the third awake. Nofalo threw his discarded nightclothes in a drawer and grabbed his robes from the previous day, figuring they weren't really dirty yet. He pulled his arms through the long sleeves, flipping the collar so his hood lay comfortably on his back. He grabbed a pair of socks and donned them as well as his black shoes, and hastily made his bed. The boy finally stood back to make sure everything was set, he grabbed his shoulder bag from atop his trunk. He slid in his copy of 'The Standard Book of Spells' as well as 'A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration' in preparation of his first two classes of the day. He knew he had a break between the two lessons, but he wanted to make sure he wouldn't have to rush. Plus, he had Transfiguration with Eevana, and he wanted to get there early. He smiled, reaching a hand to his nightstand to grab his wand, sliding it into his robe pocket. Finally, the boy took out his timetable from a drawer where he'd left it last night as well as a few sheets of spare parchment and his little wooden container of quill and ink, laying it all carefully inside his shoulder bag. He didn't know if the classes supplied all such things, though he imagined especially for First-Year classes the professors would have extra materials about, but Nofalo wanted to be prepared either way. Rising onto the balls of his feet, making sure he had everything and trying to calm down, the young Slytherin folded the flap of his bag over and fastened it, nodding to one of his classmates as he made eye contact when he left the room. He came quickly and quietly down the dormitory stairs, seeing several students already lounging in the common room in wait for breakfast. He smiled at the homey feeling of it all, and nearly trotted out the room with green torch flames billowing slightly in the air of his passing. He was glad no one stopped him. He wasn't that early anyway. It was only 8:27.

Nofalo made his way to the Great Hall with some strained recalling of the previous night's journey and a couple mistaken turns, but it didn't take him too long. As he entered through the towering archway of the Great Hall, he saw a decent amount of students seated at the long tables, and a handful of staff chatting quietly at the staff table. There were a little over thirty kids maybe, and as he scanned the room, he spotted a familiar head of blonde hair at the end of the Ravenclaw table. She had a notebook out in front of her, leaning over it with the end of some sort of strange utensil gliding back and forth in her hand. Nofalo hesitated, but realised no one was paying him any attention, so he took a breath and strode over to her. "Good morning, Eevana," he said, hearing the smile in his own voice. He stood a respectful distance from her, unsure if he was allowed to be by the Ravenclaw table. After all, he was a Slytherin. Were there rules about it? He wasn't sure. He'd seen friend groups comprised of students from different Houses, but he didn't know if they sat together during meals. He didn't know if he should ask, either, so for now he would settle for greeting her. He hoped she was as excited as he was. He felt pixies dancing in his stomach at the thought of having her for a friend, and he fought to keep his face from reddening at his foolish thoughts.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:51 pm

e e v a n a

She'd already drawn three lions, a whole pride--a single male, with two sleek lionesses wrestling nearby. She was about to start sketching a cub when steps and a voice distracted her. She lifted her head, turning around and spotting Nofalo. A broad smile stretched across her face, and she put the pencil down on the notepad, focusing her attention on the Slytherin first-year. "Good morning Nofalo!" she chirped in response, unable to hide the excitement from both tone and expression. She then blushed, however, still unused to this type of situation. All this excitement, from seeing her friend, to the first day of classes ahead, oh, it was hard to contain. Though she was quite apprehensive too. Noticing the boy seemed to be hovering a short distance away, she lifted a hand to beckon him closer. "I think you can sit here--there's a bunch of Gryffindors at the Hufflepuff table. I think we're only supposed to sit according to house for formal occassions." she went on smartly, moving her arm to gesture to the seat beside her. It was strange how fast she became comfortable with him. But then, it was a new experience for her--making friends. She was surprised at herself. She liked it, though. Even though it was hard at first, all the happy hormones gave her quite a boost, and she believed it was worth it now. Shaking some of the nerdy thoughts away, she glanced back to her drawing and shyly pushed it to the left so he could see.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:26 am

n o f a l o

The Slytherin nodded at his friend--'friend', still felt strange to say, but a good strange--and slid into the seat beside her. He lifted his bag from his shoulders over his head, laying it down against a wooden table bracing by his feet. He hadn't wanted to pry into whatever she was writing on her notebook, but when she shyly pushed it towards him he smiled at her a bit and glanced down. A male lion with a luxurious mane was proudly watching two lionesses romp nearby, and there were a few stray sketches she had started on what he assumed would be a cub. He looked at the art strokes, noticing it was some sort of Muggle writing utensil. It's mark was lighter than quill and ink, and it didn't look wet. His blue-green eyes moved to Eevana, nodding to the drawing, "This is....really good," he praised, "Do you want to be an artist? Or do you just do it for fun?" he wondered aloud, directing the question at her. He was actually...intrigued to know more about her, for reasons that he didn't quite understand. Before she could answer, his thoughts took him back to her strange writing utensil. "And what is...this? I've never seen a quill like this before. Is it some sort of Muggle writing utensil?" he asked, carefully flipping the wooden stick this way and that, examining it. It had a grey point at one end, where the wood was shaved back. He assumed the grey sliver went all the way through the wood. On the other end was some strange pink bulb, almost like a button. Muggles were strange creatures. Which made him wonder if she was Muggle-born. His father would not like that. Perhaps she was a Pure-Blood with an interest in Muggles. Nofalo wasn't sure if that made sense, but he still liked her presence, so he would forego those things. He glanced at her and gave a small smile, eyebrows furrowed lightly in embarrassment. He probably seemed like a fool, turning this strange wooden writing stick back and forth, upside down and right-side up in his fingers. Though admittedly he didn't know which way was right-side up on this thing.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoketi Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:46 am

e e v a n a

Eevana let her hands drop to her lap as he sat down, and when his attention turned towards the sketchbook she fidgeted nervously, a tiny smile playing about her lips. There was a brief silence as the boy studied the image, then he spoke. Eevana blushed again. Of course, it was really only her father and brother who saw her work, so words of praise from someone else was yet another different situation. But she was quite pleased, and proud too. Lifting her head to meet his eyes, she tipped her head before replying. However, his attention had dropped to her pencil, and he spoke again before she could respond. Blinking, she realized he must be unfamiliar with Muggle things. She smiled slightly, watching him inspect the utensil. "It's called a pencil. Yes, Muggles use it. I like it better than quills sometimes because it can erase, see?" she took gently took the pencil back and made a line on her paper, then flipped it over and brushed the pink eraser across the mark. It vanished with a few shavings, and she glanced over to Nofalo, grinning slightly and eager to see his reaction. It wasn't magic, but it sure was something. She admired Muggles for all they did, managing without magic. Though her mother had been Muggle-born, Eevana had grown up with a mostly magical setting because of her father. Of course, her mother had gone to Hogwarts as well, so in that sense it really was more like Eevana was Pure-blood. "Oh, and thank you. I don't know if I want to be an artist or not I might find something more interesting in my studies here." she reasoned, tapping her feet against the floor. She brushed away the eraser dust from her paper and blinked at the Slytherin student, in possibly one of the best moods she'd been in. She wondered what time it was. Probably close to nine. The Great Hall was filling up with more and more students, and most of the staff had appeared up at their table. Eevana glanced at the shiny plates that lined the table, then back to Nofalo.
Zoketi
Zoketi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithBarefeet Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:04 am

n o f a l o

He watched in fascination as she erased the line she'd just marked in the paper. "Whoa!" he breathed, grabbing the notebook and staring close at where the line had just been. "I think I've used quills enchanted to be able to erase before, but that was completely different!" He looked to her, his eyes shining, and saw her smiling at his probably amusing reaction to something that was mundane to her. He blushed a bit, setting her notebook back down, and remembered that she'd just answered his earlier question before. "Y-yeah, well...I think you could be whatever you want, right?" he mumbled, propping an elbow up on the table and resting his chin on his hand, gazing across the room at nothing. "You could enter Muggle jobs or wizarding careers if you want. That's pretty cool." he looked back to her, scrunching up his face in a silly smile. "My father would disown me if I tried to do Muggle stuff!" he laughed at his own expense, even though he wasn't entirely sure if that was a joke. It was strange, how open he was with her already. He couldn't remember the last time he felt so free. Probably not before his attack. It was strange, but nice, being around someone who didn't know about his condition and therefore he was secure that he would be free of judgement. He stopped himself in that train of thought before he could get too far, not wanting to even begin thinking about what might happen if she found out about his lycanthropy. Instead, he followed her glance down to the shining plates and ready platters, waiting for food. The Great Hall was filling quickly, and he knew it had to be nearly time to start breakfast. Talking with her had seemed to relieve some of his nerves, at least for now, so he was finally starting to feel hungry. He was filled with excitement--excitement to explore this new friendship, excitement to meet his professors and begin classes, excitement for the infinite possibilities this year would have in store. He was oh so glad that his parents had let him attend this year, and to be honest he was just as glad that he got the year to live on his own without the constant reminder of being a werewolf from his mother's tiptoeing about near full moons and refraining from talking about it, to his father's impassive dealing with it when it was time to chain his only son in the cellar to keep him from killing. For the first time in the longest time, Nofalo finally felt free, sitting here with a little Ravenclaw girl, with the chatter of his schoolmates all around.
WalkingWithBarefeet
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next